It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  Empty
PostSubject: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:18 pm

hey guys, my name is charlette mcelroy & my 11 week old husky puppies name is mya ! She is spoiled rotten . But i love her tons .
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Welcome! She looks just like my pup did when he was little!
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:51 pm

thanks ! did yours have any problems with cuddling ? cause my mya absolutely despises loving on people !
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm

No, not really. He's always been up my bum since they day I got him.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Some dogs just need their own space. My first husky was like that.
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:07 pm

well the people i got her from got her from a kennel
and they had her in a apartment
and literally told me
she stays in her kennel about 19 hours of the day
*GASP*
i would have taken her at that point if she was blind deaf and only had two legs i felt so bad
so she wasnt handled alot but i got her at 9 weeks
she would try to bite me if i kissed her at first
now she just kinda takes it with a look
like "mom this is embarrassing"
and sometimes will kiss me back *YAY*

and shes scared of everything
if she hears a noise shell come running to me and hide which is bad but makes me happy that she knows ill protect her (:
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Aww .. Just give it time at that age I'm sure her behavior will change! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:24 pm

im hoping so (:

shes a visous (*) little thing when it comes to other dogs though .
the vet told me to let her meet as many as possible to try and smoother that
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:28 pm

cmcelroy wrote:

shes a visous (*) little thing when it comes to other dogs though .
the vet told me to let her meet as many as possible to try and smoother that

Fist of all welcome, she's a cutie!!!

I have a Mya too and she HATES other dogs! Must be a Mya diva thing Razz Seriously though, we didn't socialize her properly with other dogs when she was younger so try to do so as much as possible. Believe me, it's not fun having a diva on your hands. She never gets to go to the fun doggie park meet ups with my other 2 b/c she fights Sad

We got Mya at 8 weeks, she's 6 years old now, always been that way!
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome! Mya is adorable. Take her to puppy kindergarten so she can learn to play with other pups her age. It's one of the best things my husband and I did. Qannik is still in class and I think after 6 weeks, he already knows his schedule because if a class is missed for any reason and we go an extra week without, he becomes very bratty. He's already signed up for the next 6 week program. Regarding the cuddling, Q isn't that much of a cuddler either. We love to pick him up and snuggle but only get about a minute until he's ready to be set free. He's totally affectionate though...just on his terms. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:51 pm

she is sooo cute! I love your avatar pic of her!!
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm

haha , yeah she loves sunglasses (:

& thanks ill try that !
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Juneau3
Newborn
Newborn
Juneau3

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Cutie Smile My Juneau was very snuggly from 8 weeks until about 16 weeks and now with her teething and wanting to chew everything and be independent we can't get her to snuggle at all. We did bring her around other dogs right from the beginning though and although she is a diva she is great with every dog she has met thus far. My friend had a 150 pound wrotty and Juneau went right up to him and put her arms around his head and licked the top of his head LoL Fearless Smile Enjoy your puppy time they get big fast!
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:11 pm

oh yeah no mya will not lick any other dog thats a def .
she wants to bite them all !
Back to top Go down
Juneau3
Newborn
Newborn
Juneau3

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm

She is still young though I am sure she will come around. Huskies do seem to have quite strong personalities LoL Just take her around other dogs as often as you can. Let her sniff their butt and let them sniff hers and just keep the face to face time to about 5 seconds for now until she gets to know that dog a bit better. Or so a trainer told me Smile

PS. I have that same leash and matching collar LoL
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi I am new today too and my little boy's name is Balon, he is 11 weeks old as well, welcome to you too!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Cute profile pic. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:28 am

Welcome! I love your avatar!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:49 am

thanks guys(: my mya is verrry photogenic she loves taking pictures!
Back to top Go down
cmcelroy
Newborn
Newborn
cmcelroy

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:50 am

Juneau3 wrote:
She is still young though I am sure she will come around. Huskies do seem to have quite strong personalities LoL Just take her around other dogs as often as you can. Let her sniff their butt and let them sniff hers and just keep the face to face time to about 5 seconds for now until she gets to know that dog a bit better. Or so a trainer told me Smile

PS. I have that same leash and matching collar LoL

haha , i got her the leash and collar (i have both too) cause my fiancee REFUSED to let me get pink or girly colors
so i got light blue with polka dots !
needless to say he would rather have pink now ! lol

she had a retractable one until she chewed through it !
Back to top Go down
Sierra's owners
Newborn
Newborn
Sierra's owners

Female Join date : 2012-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:15 am

OMG....LOVE the sunglasses. My husband and I have a Jeep Wrangler and thought it would be hilarious (and totally cool) to get Sierra use to wearing goggles/sunglasses!!!

Welcome to the forum...pretty new here myself but it is a fabulous resource!

~Sonora
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:    Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey ya'll from paulding county Georgia (:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1