It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Posting Etiquette

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Haha I couldn't agree more...I hate when I can't understand what someone is trying to ask! Then I feel like a jerk when I'm just like whaaa? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
GingerDog
Puppy
Puppy
GingerDog

Female Join date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 am

THANK YOU!!! I tend to overuse commas (I apologize for my run-on sentences), but mostly I try to be grammatically correct...

Anyone else want to spell check Facebook statuses??

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 am

GingerDog wrote:

All the time...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:53 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
GingerDog wrote:

All the time...

Yep, same here! I get so mad at my husband because he posts things without double checking. I think he's finally starting to get the point though. He's started calling me over to make sure it's "right" LOL
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:35 pm

*Cough*

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Just a reminder since we have a lot of newbies. Smile Also, don't forget to search. I've seen a few duplicate questions lately, and it always helps keep things clean if you look for a previous thread and add your question there. That way, the resources and suggestions are in one place, for others that are looking. Smile It's nice to have so many new people!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Okay while posting in the scrapbook I notice that people are able to change the title of their scrapbook. They seem to be changing the titlw or the name of the scrapbook by stating " updated xx/xx/xx" can anyone tell me how to do this?
I have one for Bourbon but everytime I go in I just reply to it adding or imbedding more photos. I do not think this is the "right" way to update the scrapbook.

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm

I add to mine at the end, but to up date the title, you have to edit the very first post and change it's title there. Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 1625187496 
Thank you very much so it seems I do the same thing just have never renamed it!
will try to go to the first post and rename the title!

LMS
Newborn
Newborn
LMS

Female Join date : 2014-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:49 am

Sorry... I just had to.   Rolling Eyes 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 1:37 am

LMS wrote:
Sorry... I just had to.    Rolling Eyes 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

That may honestly be the best Weird Al parody yet. I plan on showing this to my students on the first day of class in a couple weeks Wink

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:41 am

I agree, that is great! So sad, thirty some odd years ago I wrote more correctly and clearly than I do now, but I never was a speller.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Ha ha! Amazing! I pointed out to our interns the other day, that if they could care less, than they actually cared a little... I got puzzled looks.

Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 1625187496 
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Literally is my pet peeve! YOUR HEAD DID NOT LITERALLY EXPLODE!
Back to top Go down
maciej-myah-alexa
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: new 2 month old husky puppy   Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 11:39 pm

hello, I am new to this forum and not to sure how to use it but ill try my best. me and my girlfriend recently got a new husky puppy, she is 2 months old and is white/ginger with green eyes. she was very skiddish and took her a little over 2 days to get use to the new home. which I can imagine is normal. right now she is playful and happy around me and my girlfriend and tends to pee after she goes for a walk so potty training is what we are in the process of doing. but one thing I do notice is that when new people come around she is scared. she hides behind me and growls or barks at the new faces. I'm not sure if it is a good or bad thing. doesn't bother me as long as she listens and likes me and my girlfriend but my girlfriend would like the puppy to be happy to see new faces. is this a different kind of behavior for a husky to show or are most huskys this way? thank you.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Since no one else has responded - and we're notoriously slow over the weekend (and throw in US holidays, to boot!)

You don't say how long you've had this girl nor where she came from.  To answer your last question first - "... are most Husky's this way?", I'm sorry but I have to laugh - generally the only thing that all Husky's have in common are things like feet and fur ... as far as personality goes, I think they're all different!!

If she came from a rescue, she simply may not be comfortable meeting new people.  That will probably change in time since, typically, Husky's are too friendly.  If you are reserved around new people, then the pup will pick up on that ...

BTW, I (and I'm sure others) would love to see pictures of this little girl - green eyes? This has to be one pretty young lass.  Start a thread, as others have done, about your pup and you can add to it as time goes on.

Good luck with the little girl and welcome to the forum.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't know if this is the "correct" way to do it but at that age, when anybody met my husky, I was holding them. Out on their own, I'm pretty sure they can feel pretty intimidated when this "big" person comes towards them, they're just babies. So when meeting anyone, from friends to family, I held them. Once introduced, I set them back down.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 12:24 pm

JImmy and Al have great points for you. The pup is probably getting intimidated or nervous.

Diana Lee-George
Newborn
Newborn
Diana Lee-George

PostSubject: spaying timing    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 10:14 pm

We got our husky about 5 weeks ago, I booked her an appointment for spay surgery for 7/28 (the soonest the clinic had) unfortunately she started a small amount of bleeding yesterday. (2 weeks before her appt.) The clinic now wants additional $60 on top of regular fee because she is in her cycle. This is very difficult as I am on limited income. I am on disability and spent a lot last month making sure we had everything she would need (and then some) LOL... My question is: do i still have her spayed during her cycle or should I re-schedule after her cycle is done? We were hoping to get done before she started BUT no such luck!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 11:55 pm

I think I would wait, if you can. You don't say where you are located, but there are alternatives for neuter/spay for people on limited income. Here, in California, it's called S N A P (spay neuter action program) where they will spay or neuter your pet, give you 1 year free licensing, and a months worth of flea preventive topical, I think for around $85 or something like that.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 1:56 am

Diana, Welcome to the forum. I agree with Jimmy, please hold off on her spay, a minimal of one month after her heat, and recommend 2-3 months after. They charge more because it becomes a complicated surgery. Where I live the Humane Society gives vouchers for reduced spays as well as shots, so check around and see if there is an organization that can help you. many groups all over the US will help offer discount spay/neuters, because of the high amount of animals out there, so please hold off, although it is a pain, went thru it with my gsd a little over a month ago, and call around and get some much needed help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tammy Turner
Newborn
Newborn
Tammy Turner

PostSubject: Expectant Mom   Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 1:47 am

Hello, it was nice to find this forum.
I am expecting my new baby boy in mid April.
I am trying to learn as much as possible before then.
Looking forward to reading about others experiences.
Back to top Go down
Blanca3
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

How do I post a question ?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Looks like you posted one at 23 after the hour, so I presume this question is answered?? I fouy still have questions, at the top of the screen there's a block with "New topic". Go to the Main screen (Home), choose a topic that seems "right" the tap on "new topic", type to your hears content and then, at the bottom of the screen, click on "Send"

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting Etiquette    Posting Etiquette  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Posting Etiquette

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2