It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kiara got out...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:20 am

So I left for the gym at like 8:45 and was like "hmm I should lock the door" I didn't... at about 10:45 I was at Walmart and my mom calls and says "You better get home, I went to let your dogs out and they were gone, door was wide open" The wind blew it open, my min pin doesn't go far, he was in the yard... My mom and dad went out and searched for her in 2 cars, I was on the phone at Walmart in the checkout line, there was 2 people in front of me with like 2 things and the lady checking out was extremely slow and the guy in front of me heard everything I was saying and of course didn't let me even go in front of him, I had 2 things, he had 2 things... Gotta love classy Walmart I HATE going there, the people are so trashy for the most part. Anyway, I jet out to my car flying out of the parking lot and my mom calls and tells me she got her, she was down the street on the main road where people drive like 50/60 MPH... My mom said she looked lost just running around, a younger girl pulled over and wanted to help her but she didn't know if she was friendly... She yelled at my mom "Omg is this your dog is she friendly?" my mom was like "yes thank you, shes friendly" and my mom yelled her name and she ran over and jumped in the car... I swear, major heart attack, I was thinking the worst case scenarios and expecting to find her dead on the side of the road... UGH it was terrible, but she is safe THANK GOD.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:05 am

That is awful thank god she is safe. Each of my two greyhounds (both deceased now Sad) got out on me once, and I gotta say it really takes your breath away, so scary.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:38 am

I thought I was going to throw up.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 am

Glad you got her back. This would be me with Koda yesterday morning. However, after checking ALL the usual places to hide TWICE (not kidding you, twice), apparently he was in the damn yard the whole time. He must have been WAY buried under the deck. Damn dogs. Gives me a heart attack everytime and I end in tears.

Kiara got out... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:49 pm

It's a terrible feeling. I automatically think something awful.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:35 pm

So glad she's back home and safe! When Siku slipped her collar in our front yard (I was putting her in the car and my boyfriend started it up and it scared her!), she realized she was free and took off. Thankfully she stopped to sniff a stop sign and gave me time to throw treats in her face and have her come to me for more. She sure as heck wasn't coming when called! Just gave me the look of "I'm free! Screw you guys!"

Kiara got out... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Hahaha Im so happy she came quietly. Didn't happen that way at my aunts house in the fields. She ran free use for at least a half hour... This is the first time she got out here. My old roommate almost 2 years ago let her out like 4 times. She was horrible! I had known her for 10 years, well we aren't friends anymore to say the least. She also let her out when kiara was a little puppy a couple weeks after I got her (I didn't know who it was at the time, she blamed my other roommate before I lived w her next) but I know it was her now, she left the window open when she clued through and she got out in my appts. I was furious, but didnt know who to blame.
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:45 pm

So glad she is safe at home!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:25 pm

pale

I'm glad she's home safe!!!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Aspen slipped out of her collar the other day but I acted like nothing happened and opened the back door and called her in. I don't know if she even realized she was free. My heart was pounding big time in those 10 seconds. She got the best praise ever once the door was shut! I'm glad Kiara is ok!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Oh man, Brady, that's heart attack city.
I've been there.
Even though Bodhi's kennel is highly fortified, I still sigh with relief when I come around the corner and see him jumping.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Glad she is home and safe.

Blaze got loose when we were leaving the dog park the other day someone that was coming in left the outside gate open and when she came to the inside gate before John got the leash on him he saw the opening. He went to someone that was on the outside John ask him to hold him if he could.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Yea I had to go to work in like an hour (one more call in or late I get fired) So I was freaking out I wouldn't have time to find her! I was so relieved when my mom called me driving like a bat out of hell home.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 9:53 pm

O my goodness! i just got caught up on this! I would have peed my pants! bounce Glad she's safe at home!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:24 pm

omg! i would have died! glad you guys were able to catch her! my dad is so careless with rocky, he ALWAYS lets him out becayse rocky follows him all the time and listens to him but i tell my dad all the time, all it takes is one rabbit/squirrel/bird and he will run off & you won't even know it!! i'd love to see a pic of your min pin & kiara together! my boyfriend has a chihuahua/yorkie mix and he swears she and rocky would never be able to be around each other
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Lol I know a lot of people probably don't know I have another dog haha. I'm bad about taking pics of him, his name is max, I was obsessed w The Grinch haha

Kiara got out... 930dec44

Kiara got out... 44b2fa63
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:54 pm

AWWWW
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:02 pm

ha! that's awesome, i love the one where they're sleeping together Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Good thing you found her, but Im just curious as to why in the world you'd leave your door open if you've got precious things inside that could be stolen or get out etc, I would never leave my door unlocked, ever, I would not leave anything to chance.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 am

Ya my patents were still up and I was in a hurry and swore I heard it click shut but I guess it didn't. Winds were pretty high, last time I ignore that little voice that says "you should lock the door."
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:25 am

brady.law wrote:
Ya my patents were still up and I was in a hurry and swore I heard it click shut but I guess it didn't. Winds were pretty high, last time I ignore that little voice that says "you should lock the door."
oooh I didnt know they lived with you...
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:43 pm

this happens ALL the time to my mom and her shih-tzu, the gate door must be faulty cause all it takes is the wind to blow sometimes and it opens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kiara got out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiara got out...   Kiara got out... Empty

Back to top Go down

Kiara got out...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1