It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! Empty
PostSubject: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 pm

They adopt out to Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the "Pacific Northwest" region (Washington, Idaho, Oregon). When it rains, it pours! They have 16 siberian puppies (that appear to all be purebred) that will be up for adoption once they reach 8 weeks old. Thought I'd post here to see if anyone was interested!

Their website:
http://www.adoptahusky.com/

Their FB with pictures of the puppies:
https://www.facebook.com/adoptahusky#!/adoptahusky

Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! 540825_10150975719854627_733837733_n

Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm

oh my they are so cute!
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:40 pm

I bet those are the pups from that big rescue in Fond Du lac. I read some of the females rescued were pregnant. 68 Huskies and a bunch of goats were removed from a breeder and the owner's 9 or 10 year old son was also removed.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:56 pm

I know the latest litter is not from that situation. Not sure about the other litters. The latest litter is from a male and female who kept ending up at the shelter and were finally turned over to the rescue. The shelter thought the female might be pregnant and she was! With 6 puppies!

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:00 pm

The other 10 puppies (2 other litters) were from the big Fond Du Lac rescue. There are a bunch of cuties!

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:20 pm

They are cute!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:03 am

They are all from the Fond Du Lac "breeder". heads up adopt a husky is SUPER picky and denied our app for one of these puppies because we have a cat Suspect even though you can train an 8 week old so easily to live with cats, adopt a husky refuses be liable if anything goes wrong..
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
They are all from the Fond Du Lac "breeder". heads up adopt a husky is SUPER picky and denied our app for one of these puppies because we have a cat Suspect even though you can train an 8 week old so easily to live with cats, adopt a husky refuses be liable if anything goes wrong..

denying to a good home is silly. You have experience, they should have approved you.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 am

omg how CUUUUUTE!!!!!!! I bet they will get adopted out quick!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 am

What cuties! Yet another example for people looking for "breeders for a puppy" you can find them in rescue / shelters. I hope they all go to good homes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:

I also had problems when trying to adopt from them. My application and home check went fine, and I was approved to adopt. This was back when I just had Luka. However, they would only let me consider male dogs, even though I wanted a female. They told me they only like to adopt out dogs of the opposite sex, which I know is common with rescues. But I also know Luka gets along better with other females. We go meet the dog they suggest for us and Luka is terrified of him! Luka usually warms up to most dogs pretty quickly, but this was different. I knew it was something we could work on, and that would take time, but something was telling me that this just wasn't the right dog. They seem upset that I'm not interested in this dog. I asked them to call me when they have a different dog we could look at. Never heard back from them, and my emails went unanswered. It was very frustrating! Ok end rant...

The puppies are adorable though!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

I also had problems when trying to adopt from them. My application and home check went fine, and I was approved to adopt. This was back when I just had Luka. However, they would only let me consider male dogs, even though I wanted a female. They told me they only like to adopt out dogs of the opposite sex, which I know is common with rescues. But I also know Luka gets along better with other females. We go meet the dog they suggest for us and Luka is terrified of him! Luka usually warms up to most dogs pretty quickly, but this was different. I knew it was something we could work on, and that would take time, but something was telling me that this just wasn't the right dog. They seem upset that I'm not interested in this dog. I asked them to call me when they have a different dog we could look at. Never heard back from them, and my emails went unanswered. It was very frustrating! Ok end rant...

The puppies are adorable though!

It's unfortunate that rescue is so restrictive. I don't know of any that I've been involved with that have those kind of restrictions. Maybe TX, CO, OK and NE are states that see so many rescue dogs that they take a may open approach.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 pm

That's too bad. I didn't know this rescue was that hard to work with. Wouldn't have posted it if I did. Sad

Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:42 pm

I was checking out Adopt A Husky's FB page out earlier this morning, and noticed they had their 3rd litter. Hopefully those looking for a husky pup run across this opportunity!

You'd like to think with that many puppies to find homes for they would attempt to be easier to work with and acknowledge when they are working with an experienced owner...eg. Jennet???
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:52 pm

SaraB wrote:
That's too bad. I didn't know this rescue was that hard to work with. Wouldn't have posted it if I did. Sad

Bottom line is that they are still trying to help dogs. They may be looking over some great homes for dogs, but hopefully that means that they are able to avioid adopting dogs out to crappy homes. Unfortunatly the people and rules are just difficult to deal with! I still attend their events and donate items to them. Those dogs still need our support even if I don't particularly care for the people running the rescue.

So I'm still glad you posted it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:58 pm

^^^^^Ditto.

Rescues typically no matter how restrictive are about the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:44 am

The rescues in NYC want $450-500 to adopt a Husky under 6 months. I found that to be a little odd, most rescues here charge $250 when they receive a purebred dog, but the husky rescues wanted way to much,(I am a stay at home mom only my husband works). I wound up finding Thunder through chance and could not be happier.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 am

Adoption fees very by availability in the region here in Oklahoma they run about 150 dollars regardless of the age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!   Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region! Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppies in rescue in midwest and pacific northwest region!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1