It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sierra needs a good home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sierra's owners
Newborn
Newborn
Sierra's owners

Female Join date : 2012-03-21

home - Sierra needs a good home Empty
PostSubject: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 pm

It is with a very heavy heart that my husband and I are writing this. Due to unforeseen circumstances it appears that we may not be able to keep our little girl.

Sierra is almost 7 months. She is up to date on all of her shots and has been spayed, house and crate trained. She has been through the first puppy obedience class. She is a very loving sweet girl. If we have to give her up we want to give her to an experienced husky forever home. We think that she would benefit from having some playmates too.

We live in Reno, NV. All serious calls can contact JT at 775-842-1495.

Below are some pics of our girl.

Thanks,
JT & Sonora

the day we got her
home - Sierra needs a good home The_da10

Easter
home - Sierra needs a good home Dsc_0412

cuddling up
home - Sierra needs a good home Dsc_0512

in her new travel crate
home - Sierra needs a good home Sierra10
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Contact them, they can help! www.laketahoewolfrescue.com/
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:00 pm

oh and nor cal rescues maybe able to help as well. I have a list for you. I do have a question. Did you adopt or buy from a breeder? If it is a good breeder they will take the dog back no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 am

Aww this is so sad Sad

I hope you find her a good home ...
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am

Sorry to hear Sad if I didn't live so far away id love to have her
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 am

Sorry to hear that you have to get rid of your pup, hope you find an awesome home.
Back to top Go down
Sierra's owners
Newborn
Newborn
Sierra's owners

PostSubject: change of plans.....   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:35 pm

After much thought and consideration....we have a change in plans. Smile

It looks as though we may end up relocating to FLORIDA and would love to hear from those that live in Fl. How do your babies do? Any tips before we get there? One of the things we don't have to worry about here is fleas....so we will have that but also sand fleas.

Thanks for all of your concern and helpful ideas.

Sonora
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:40 pm

What part of Fl are you thinking? We have members in North, Central, and South Smile And each has it's own meetup group really.

Mine do OK- we avoid going out in the middle of the day (usually like 11am-2pm is the worst of the worst) and they have all adjusted to swimming and getting hosed frequently. Fleas can be pretty bad depending, we use comfortis so it's not an issue for us any longer.

Just be sure where you're moving (especially if it's renting or with a homeowners association) there are places that don't take Sibes and Mals.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Sierra's owners
Newborn
Newborn
Sierra's owners

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:11 pm

We are looking at either the West Palm area or Tampa/St. Pete. We have both lived in the Tampa area before so we are familiar with the Fl weather, but have never had a dog down there before.

As far as the HOA's I know that Mals have a reputation for dog/dog aggression. I have seen a some talk about sibes in the same boat...is it just uneducated people?

Thanks,
Sonora
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 pm

That's what I don't understand is how huskies even make that list. I tried geetting house insurance and they wanted almost 50 dollars more a month
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Its not so much the aggression its the size and the destruction if not exercised. I don't live out there but an apartment complex in colorado told me that. . So happy your keeping her. I know AAA out here in california, huskies are on the list but mals aren't. My mother in law said it is because of the destruction issue more than the aggression as well. She is our insurance agent.

Well some mals can have same sex aggression with other mals but for the most part they are the sweetest things like maggie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sierra needs a good home   home - Sierra needs a good home Empty

Back to top Go down

Sierra needs a good home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1