It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

where are all the OHIO huskies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

where are all the OHIO huskies? Empty
PostSubject: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 am

Does anyone from Ohio or around want to make a play date? Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:50 am

What area of ohio are you? I am not, just curious. Might be some ohio huskies on here that will ask that question also.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 am

North west Ohio I'm from fostoria
Back to top Go down
TiresmokinV8
Newborn
Newborn
TiresmokinV8

Male Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Im in north eastern ohio. Akron area.
Back to top Go down
ToccoasMom
Puppy
Puppy
ToccoasMom

Female Join date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm southwestern Ohio, Cincinnati area.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm

We should have an Ohio husky meet up group
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 pm

ashleylou wrote:

It's not hard to start one, I did it here in the FL panhandle and it's been fairly successful. If you guys are interested I'd be happy to give you some advice.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

where are all the OHIO huskies? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm not ohio, but I am southeastern Michigan - would love to meet up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:48 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
ashleylou wrote:

It's not hard to start one, I did it here in the FL panhandle and it's been fairly successful. If you guys are interested I'd be happy to give you some advice.
advice is always welcome here Smile
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:50 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
I'm not ohio, but I am southeastern Michigan - would love to meet up!
that would be awesome! Not sure when or where but hopefully soon?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:55 pm

ashleylou wrote:
blueeyedghost wrote:
ashleylou wrote:

advice is always welcome here Smile

We already had a Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle page for both Alabama and Florida, so I started advertising there. I also started a group on meetup.com, but they do charge a monthly fee after the first couple of months. After I got the online stuff going, I made up flyers and put them up at the parks around Pensacola. If there isn't already a Husky group for Ohio on Facebook, probably the best place to start would be to create one and advertise for it. Good luck!

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

where are all the OHIO huskies? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks for the advice! Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:44 pm

You are very welcome!

Back to top Go down
KitR
Puppy
Puppy
KitR

Female Join date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 pm

I haven't been active on the forum lately, but we're near Dayton (an hour west of Columbus and an hour north of Cincy). It would be great to meet up with other huskies and their owners! Once in a while we end up with a few of us with huskies at the nearby dog park, but I haven't really found a proper meet-up group.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Me either. I'm from fostoria probably 2 and half or 3 hours away from columbus. I found what seems like a really awesome dog park in stow ohio its called "bow wow dog park" check it out and let me know what ya think Smile
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:44 pm

http://www.doggoes.com/parks/ohio/bow-wow-beach-dog-park-silver-springs-park-stow
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 am

Neeka just 'moved' to NW Ohio. We are in Sylvania, right on the MI state Line.

Ashleylou & mheath - would love to make husky playdates once Neeka has all her shots.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am

I'll be moving back to NE Ohio in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 am

I'm all for a husky meet n greet Smile I'm usually free every weekend so just let me know what's good for you all and maybe we can meet up at a dog park or walking trail? Smile
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 am

I'm in Huntington, WV - right over from Chesapeake, OH. Anyone around there?
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 am

I'm from north west Ohio findlay Toledo area. More towards Michigan.
Back to top Go down
liz-skees
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:05 am

South east Ohio here. Right along the river in Marietta.
Back to top Go down
Juno's Dad
Puppy
Puppy
Juno's Dad

Female Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Being from Carey, we are close to you in Fostoria. At this time I will pass on the play date as Juno has some "social issues" we are addressing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where are all the OHIO huskies?   where are all the OHIO huskies? Empty

Back to top Go down

where are all the OHIO huskies?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1