It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 Empty
PostSubject: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:38 pm

My mom has been looking for a dog for a while. Today her manager told her about a pit bull she found in a field that had apparently been used as a bait dog ;( He needs vet care as he has wounds from an apparent fight that he refused to participate in. Her Manager said he was very loving. She took him home with her last night when she found him. Well actually, her dogs found him as she was letting them exercise. He’s very pitiful. She said he has the saddest eyes. She has called the Pitt Rescue but she is not sure if she will hear back from them before she goes out of town tomorrow. She does not want to call animal control as she says they will just put him to sleep. So Mom has agreed to take him in and if all goes well this weekend I think she'll keep him.
I can say I'm really surprised she did this as she had been thinking of getting a husky for a while now but I can't be more proud of her!
Hopefully going by her house tonight to see him and I'll take pics and update Smile Wish her and the new guy luck!

Last edited by LifeInSnowMotion on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 pm

AW! What a happy outcome! I love pits! Glad to hear that that he will be getting the care and love he deserves! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm

I hope it works out! It breaks my heart to hear about dogs being used in fighting.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 pm

That's awesome that she's saving him! All of the pitties we know are the goofiest, sweetest things! I hate hearing about dog fighting!

If she's looking for husky buddies for him, I just posted up some NC craigslist huskies - looks like it's in the craigslist huskies thread.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:05 am

My mom is already wrapped Smile This dog is gorgeous even with all his wounds Sad I'm thinking the rings around his nose is from his mouth being tied shut with something. His pads are swollen... possibly from being on hot asphalt. She's taking him in to the vet first thing tomorrow (I'm going with her) So will update more then.

https://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af230/rwprivette/Pit%20Bull/

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 E752d27c
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 64c093f9
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 61e588c3
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 66d3e033
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 F0e52697
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 80feda7c
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 5e9efaae
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 409c4c24
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 57a78efd
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 A754aa10
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 F81182de
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 B6be7e05
Back to top Go down
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 am

awwww!! congrats to your mom!!! I cant describe how much it makes me sick and totally pissed when people to this to animals Mad . unbelievable. Thank your mom again! Good luck at the vet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 am

O my goodness! He looks like a baby still! Poor thing! It's disgusting how cruel and perverted people are! He's in loving hands now I love you
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:25 am

Poor baby - but he's safe now! He looks so sweet!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 am

He's just a baby!!!! So absolutely adorable! he tugs at mah little heart strings - GIVE HIM A HUG FOR ME!

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 am

Poor baby Sad

Thanks to your mom for saving this baby..

Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 am

awww he is so cute! Definitely looks like his mouth was tied shut, or maybe a tight muzzle, both my greyhounds had marks on their muzzles from wearing tight muzzles to race.

Good luck to this baby, and thanks to your Mom!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks to your mom! I have a huge soft spot for Pitts. I have wanted to rescue one for so long.

Love that people still can go out of their way to help an animal in desperate need.

Good luck at the vet.

~Kelly

Newborn
Newborn
ThereseZ

Female Join date : 2012-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:14 pm

What a sweety doggy! Makes me sick, to see all the wounds, i almost couldnt even look at the pics! So happy he is safe now.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 pm

That's awesome she's rescuing him! We recently rescued one off the streets as well several months ago Smile I love Pitbulls, they're such sweethearts. I hope he starts to feel better! Poor baby Sad
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Congrats for your mom!! So happy she too him. He is a very cute pittie! I love pitties. I can't believe someone could do that to an animal!
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Update on Jake Smile Mom took him to the vet today because he has green stuff coming out of his "peter". Dr. Darch gave her antibiotics for him and also said he's got a 2 out of 6 heart murmur. I guess that's not bad... never dealt with that before. But here are some pictures I took of him yesterday! He's looking so good! And mom is just IN LOVE <3

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 217888_10151291216144008_1002707115_n
Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 481971_10151291216859008_579688823_n
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

2-3/5 is what Bella was diagnosed with. It's not terrible - but you have to go to a cardiologist and find out what the actual cause of the murmur is to really know and to see if they want to put him on any medication or find out what your other options are in regards to it.

He's such a beautiful boy. <3

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Niraya wrote:
2-3/5 is what Bella was diagnosed with. It's not terrible - but you have to go to a cardiologist and find out what the actual cause of the murmur is to really know and to see if they want to put him on any medication or find out what your other options are in regards to it.

He's such a beautiful boy. <3

I was hoping you'd read this Smile Didn't see you on FB chat but I knew that Bella had one and you might have some helpful insight. I'd let mom know about that. The vet didn't seem worried about it but just told her to watch for coughing.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Wow! What a difference! He looks like a dog well loved now!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 pm

He looks so much better, and he is gorgeous! His eyes are bright he knows hes home, bless your mom. Hope everything goes alright with the heart!
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 am

My blood is boiling right now. Excuse my language but how the fuck can you do this to a poor helpless animal? It makes me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CcM8wcspmM
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 am

That brought me to tears. What a tragic story. I hold a special place in my heart for Pit's and that story is just heartbreaking. The first dog I came in contact with was a Pit and we were best bud's. I love the breed! It's such a shame they are so misunderstood.

Edit: That is so sweet that you're mom helped this poor dog out! I wish more people were like her and took in animals that are in need of help, despite the breed. He has beautiful markings and I'm sure he is going to be a great dog! Did the vet estimate how old he could be?
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:09 pm

Between 1 and 3 years
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
That brought me to tears. What a tragic story. I hold a special place in my heart for Pit's and that story is just heartbreaking. The first dog I came in contact with was a Pit and we were best bud's. I love the breed! It's such a shame they are so misunderstood.

Edit: That is so sweet that you're mom helped this poor dog out! I wish more people were like her and took in animals that are in need of help, despite the breed. He has beautiful markings and I'm sure he is going to be a great dog! Did the vet estimate how old he could be?

I cried watching that video. My friend has a pit and he is one of the nicest dogs I've ever met.
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:04 pm

That breaks my heart, and I am so glad that your mom rescued him. I love Pitts, and would like to rescue one someday. He is a beautiful boy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23   Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother is rescuing a pittie :) PIC UPDATE! 7/23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next