It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet my family!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm

My name's Josie. I'm a 21 year old navy wife living with my husband, our dwarf bunny (Gimli), and our husky (Ezio) in Illinois. My husband and I have been together 5 years now, married for a year in October. We've had Ezio about a month now. He's 4 months old tomorrow!

I was so apprehensive about getting a husky, or really any dog at all, at first. I've always been more of a cat person, but in the few weeks we've had Ezio he's really grown on me. As far as puppies go (especially from what I've read about husky puppies!) he seems to be pretty mild-mannered. He doesn't have accidents very often anymore. He's only ever had one accident in his kennel. He hasn't chewed on many things he shouldn't and the few times he did we told him it was bad and he hasn't bugged those items again. Recently he's picked up a habit of barking at me when I'm trying to work (I'm a freelance writer, so I'm submitting things and looking for work often), but it's just out of wanting attention/exercise, so I'll be finding the time to walk him as much as possible. I've taught him how to "sit" so far. Working on "down" ("lay down").

If there are any meetup groups in the area we'd love to join and let Ezio run around with other huskies! I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum so I can make both Ezio and Gimli happier and more comfortable. The transition was rough at first. A puppy and a bunny under the same roof means a lot of scheduled "outside" time for each of them. I'm hoping once Ezio is older we'll be closer to letting them out together, always supervised, of course. Stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed! Smile

Meet my family! 50
Gimli, our dwarf bunny. <3

Meet my family! 60
Ezio likes to sleep under the table or couch, but he won't fit under there much longer.

Meet my family! 58
Myself, my husband, and Ezio. Smile

Meet my family! 65
He lost his first tooth just the other day!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Welcome! great family there. did you rescue Ezio?
Ezio looks so sad in that last pic!

Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Look at those ears!!! Both of your babies are very cute!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Welcome! Nice to see another Navy family join up. You guys up at Great Lakes? My parents live near Plainfield in the SW suburbs, and I'm up there on leave from time to time.

Ezio is adorable, and his huge ears just crack me up!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Meet my family! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Welcome! I love those ears!
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:43 pm

jbealer wrote:
Welcome! great family there. did you rescue Ezio?
Ezio looks so sad in that last pic!

We didn't and I'm kinda sad we didn't do it that way, but my husband immediately fell in love with him and I couldn't say no. The day we got Ezio we set out to adopt a kitten from a shelter, but the one we wanted already had a pending adoption. Funny how things work out. I definitely didn't think we were getting a puppy that day!

I actually sent that picture to my husband saying, "We miss you!" the other day while he was on base. Ezio really does miss him when he's gone. He howls every time one of us goes and he can't follow.

blueeyedghost wrote:
Welcome! Nice to see another Navy family join up. You guys up at Great Lakes? My parents live near Plainfield in the SW suburbs, and I'm up there on leave from time to time.

We are! Not sure how long we'll be here. My husband's on hold before C-School right now. People in his class have been getting orders left and right, though, so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:03 pm

itsjosieb wrote:
We are! Not sure how long we'll be here. My husband's on hold before C-School right now. People in his class have been getting orders left and right, though, so we'll see.

Ah yes, the orders game. The last time I transferred I got my orders 6 weeks before I had to check in to my new squadron, and I'm sort of playing that game again now. I have to transfer, and hopefully it's just to the main Pensacola base (I'm at Whiting Field, about 45 minutes northeast of NAS Pensacola) but it could be anywhere. What's your husband's rate?

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Welcome! Ezio is adorable! Smile Another forum set up a 3 day weekend camp in Ackley, IA in September. If you're interested feel free to message me and I can send you details.

Is Ezio named after Assassins Creed?
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
Ah yes, the orders game. The last time I transferred I got my orders 6 weeks before I had to check in to my new squadron, and I'm sort of playing that game again now. I have to transfer, and hopefully it's just to the main Pensacola base (I'm at Whiting Field, about 45 minutes northeast of NAS Pensacola) but it could be anywhere. What's your husband's rate?

E3! After he's done C-School, wherever and however long that will be, he tells me we'll be in a more permanent place (2+ years). We're hoping for San Diego.

Jannet&Embry wrote:
Welcome! Ezio is adorable! Smile Another forum set up a 3 day weekend camp in Ackley, IA in September. If you're interested feel free to message me and I can send you details.

Is Ezio named after Assassins Creed?

Thanks! Unfortunately that would be too far for my husband and I; he's not allowed to go too far from base and has duty every few days. And yes! His AKC paperwork has his full name down as "Ezio Auditore da Firenze". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:01 pm

San Diego is really nice. Will he be on a ship, or in a shore based job?

Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah Ezio! He's my favorite between him and Altair - though I can't wait for October to see Connor. He's a cutie!

Welcome to the forum!

Meet my family! Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
San Diego is really nice. Will he be on a ship, or in a shore based job?

No clue yet! It could go either way.

Niraya wrote:
Yeah Ezio! He's my favorite between him and Altair - though I can't wait for October to see Connor. He's a cutie!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Cute Family! Kale and I Welcome you from California Cool
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:59 am

itsjosieb wrote:

Thanks! Unfortunately that would be too far for my husband and I; he's not allowed to go too far from base and has duty every few days. And yes! His AKC paperwork has his full name down as "Ezio Auditore da Firenze". Very Happy

That's toooo cute! haha! Assassins Creed is by far one of my favorite games lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet my family! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet my family!   Meet my family! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet my family!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1