It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What is your dog's favorite/special toy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

What is your dog's favorite/special toy? Empty
PostSubject: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:00 am

First off, I want to say we have less than a week until we pick up Bode!

Ok, so does your dog (or dogs!) have a special toy that they love?

My parents' dog (a Brittany spaniel) is so funny about his one toy. It's a big stuffed fish, probably 1.5ft long. What he will do is grab the head with his mouth and just lay there like he's meditating or something. You can almost see his eyes roll back in his head. It's really hard to describe. And it's just that one kind of toy. He's never done it with anything else, but give him a stuffed fish and he's gone. And it's not just one specific fish, he does it with every single one that they buy if they other one gets torn up or nasty. I wish I had a picture or video of it.

So do your dogs have any weird toy quirks?
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:12 am

My dogs love this flying chicken toy. Its kind of like a sling shot, ill shoot it across the room and they all play tug of war with it until someone brings it back to me.. I bought a dragonfly cat nip toy for my cats that's about 2 inches long and they also like to play tug of war with that one. They love the no stuffed loofas and the soft skunk and fox toys
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Ruby the lab loves her stuffed TRex dinosaur, it has to be in her crate at night or she whines lol, Balon like rope toys.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Stuffed beaver named Frank, he fought honorably but fell to sir Thanatos and his dog like ways lol
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Kiara loves her "pawdoodles krinklers" fox, it's stuffing free with a squeeker in the head and you can put a empty water bottle in the body part.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003954NDI/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1342286939&sr=8-1

Also see topic:

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4364-if-you-had-to-choose-a-toy?highlight=If+you+had+to+choose
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Delilah has a stuffed lion that she takes everywhere. Cato liked is elk antler and well...the kitties.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:15 pm

brady.law wrote:
Kiara loves her "pawdoodles krinklers" fox, it's stuffing free with a squeeker in the head and you can put a empty water bottle in the body part.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003954NDI/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1342286939&sr=8-1

Also see topic:

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t4364-if-you-had-to-choose-a-toy?highlight=If+you+had+to+choose

Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to do a double topic!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Quote :

Ah, sorry, I didn't mean to do a double topic!

No worries, that's my favorite past time.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Walmart used to make these Ruffbuddies that were stuffing less and have a squak box type ball in them. that was kya's fav, but they stopped making them and we can't find them online. Sad
Back to top Go down
LRomero
Newborn
Newborn
LRomero

Male Join date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 pm

I was at the pet store and there was a sale on this little squeaker toy with a face of a monkey and a little rope handle under it, it was fairly inexpensive so I thought I'd let her have it to rip up and just throw away.

Much to my amazement, she has yet to chew it apart! She would play with it in her paw and drool the crap out of it, but she loves it!

I've never seen her treat a toy like that and she's just about gnawed and taken apart every other toy I've given her.

She treats it like her dolly and would often take it with her when shes out of her crate.

Weird I tell you!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Ripley's Favorite toy is a Hedge Hog Squeaky toy. It doesn't squeak like normal, and I think they actually call it a "grunting" Hedgehog but she goes Ape for it.

Every Friday we take both of the girls to our local pet supply store, for a number of reasons not related to food in the slightest. We rent videos from the store beside it, we have befriended the people who work at this pet supply store, and it is one more chance for the girls to be socialized both with humans and other dogs. We enjoy our time there.

When we get inside Ripley, who has 2 of these Hedgehogs at home, runs to a basket of 3 or 4 of them and pulls one out and proceeds to play with it right away. She has even made a game of me restricting her access to it and will try and sneak past me to get to it.

It's just a faux fur cover over a blue plastic material that makes the "grunt".

If this isn't a picture of it it's real close.

What is your dog's favorite/special toy? Rip_to10

Tika's favorite toy in the world is this thing:

What is your dog's favorite/special toy? 52380811

Nothing else comes close to playing with that beast.

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:52 pm

This is what they are, found a link to Amazon, they are cheaper at our store though.
Ripley has 2 Sebastien Sharks but always goes for the hedgehog when she is in the store

http://www.amazon.com/Kyjen-Boiled-Softies-Sebastian-Shark/dp/B001WALU9M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Back to top Go down
tcarp916
Puppy
Puppy
tcarp916

Female Join date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Carolina isn't a huge fan in playing with toys, much to my sadness, but she does prefer them to have lots of squeakers. Her favorite toy was a purple dog with 10 squeakers in its body alone (2 columns of 5) and one in its head. My mom sent it for her, but tt got destroyed by other dogs when I sent it along with her to the Vet's office and I haven't been able to find one like it anywhere. Hopefully she can find one liek it again. Its so cute to watch her throw it up in the air and shake it around.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Lucian loves his stuffing free fox toy. He grabs the tail and makes it squeak like crazy first thing in the morning. He likes gnawing on his nyla bone too. Next time I head to pet smart I think I'll take him with me to pick out a new toy.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Saphire's favorite toys are the ones she "FINDS" on our walks. They are usually really large tree branches. But her favorite "Find" to date is the leather glove she found in the gutter. She hides it from us because she is afraid we will take it. Oddly enough though she doesn't chew on it. Just throws it in the air and whips it back and forth. (Mind you I have spent good money on toys from the store that she won't touch.)

On a side note, on our walk this morning our neighbor has a sign in his front yard from the siding company that just re-did his gutters and its just pushed into the ground on some flimsy wire posts. Well Saphire batted at it and it came back at her and then it was all I could do to get her to leave it alone. I suppose it will be the next thing she tries to bring home. HAHA
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Libby's favorite toys are her purple busy buddy bottle (which seems to be the only way she wants to eat her food) and a Husky beanie buddy that has been sewed more times than i can remember. I dont think it has any stuffing left in it either.

Lucy's favorite toys are a German Shepard stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is, I have also had to sew it many times, right now its head is barely on it, but she takes it with her in everyroom. She usually falls asleep with her mouth around it. Her other favorite toy is the size 1 childs soccer ball. It is outside at all times and tennis balls in the house.

Back to top Go down
theredofshaw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Figured this would be a good thread to bump for the exchange Very Happy

Ziva seems to REALLY love her rope toys. We took the squeaker ones away permanently since they are shredded within 20 minutes.

Soda bottles are the cheapest form of entertainment for her (with all wrapping removed of course).
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

theredofshaw wrote:

I thought the same thing!! I hope all of those who are part of the exchange participate in this since it would make it easier...Very Happy

Nanuq and Laika are not home yet, but they are puppies and like to play and chew on things! I'll update on Friday when Nanuq is here with me!!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't think my two have anything they don't absolutely love. Koda is obsessed with squeakers. It's crazy. He could sit and squeak things for hours, thank god he breaks the squeaker relatively fast. Rogue loves her kong or really anything that's durable rubber she can gnaw. She just likes gnawing in general, we have naked bones she still chews on just because. Obviously the best of both worlds to her is a toy you can have food in.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Yaqui and the Sibe wrote:
theredofshaw wrote:
I thought the same thing!! I hope all of those who are part of the exchange participate in this since it would make it easier...Very Happy

well it should all ready be listed over in the exchange section Cool

but i will play
http://www.hartz.com/Hartz_Products/Dog_Products/Toys/Toss_and_Retrieves/3270099393_hartz_dura_play_ball.aspx
this stupid thing... i got 2 at walmart, the squeaker really holds up. S&J fight over the BLUE one i guess its better then the matching GREEN one lol! it seems to be the repeat toy that come out of the toy box. i like how it will bounce in any direction when tossed across the house.

Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:18 am

Pippa lovessss the Kong tennis balls. She'll sit and squeak them for ever.

I haven't really ventured very far from the basics though for fear of her eating something.
She loves antlers, won't touch her rope toy, and will only see about a regular Kong if it has something in it.
I bought two Hard Boiled Softies for her and she demolished the first, and won't touch the second.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 am

Sky is now obsessed with her newest addition. A Kong Wubba. She tried taking it on our walk the other night.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 am

Koda loves wubbas too! Both of mine are kong dogs for sure.
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 am

Char also loves the wabba and he has the snagga wabba too and loves it. These are among the few toys he has has since we first got him that are not destroyed. His chewing had gotten a lot more agessive and he has destroyed many toys in the last few weeks, some that he had for months. He loves rope bones, but we are lucky if they last a few days now.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Anna loves her halloween witch wubba. She ended up pulling off parts of her hat though so I just cut that part off. Anna has started to tear up all of her toys as well. We bought her a second husky stuffed animal and within a few hours she ripped a hole in him pulled the stuffing out and ripped off his leg. So no more stuffed animals. She also has decided she wants to take all the suffingless toys and pull them apart. So no more of them either. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your dog's favorite/special toy?   What is your dog's favorite/special toy? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your dog's favorite/special toy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next