It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Neeka's first kill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:42 am

So, Neeka got her first kill today at 12 weeks old.

I was on the phone with my hubby and he said to my daughter "Go see what Neeka is chewing on". All of a sudden, he said "I gotta go" and hung up abruptly.

He calls me back and told me that she caught a mouse. RIP Mr. Squeekers.

When were your huskies first kills? What did they get?
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Saphire hasn't had any kills yet. But I have two cats who are avid hunters so the birds, mice and rabbits avoid my yard. Gotta say I am kinda glad. I get sick of picking up after the cats I don't want to have to pick up after the dog too.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I can't remember if it was a bird or squirrel. The bird he jumped up and caught in mid-air. I didn't see the squirrel but my dad did and said Saber was tossing it up in the air after it was dead.
Back to top Go down
suki243
Newborn
Newborn

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:21 pm

I recently pulled a small lizard out of simba's mouth
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:30 pm

i think we all have our own thread and a main thread for kill tallies! 12 weeks is a young start Wink your gonna have fun....

Puppy
Puppy

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Thank goodness that we don't have many critters, lack of trees etc. We only get the occasional bird, rabbits. And I guess mice!

I had thought that she was just playing with her conquest. But the family informed me that se was indeed EATING it. Ewwww. lol
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Halli is the hunter, so if we find any dead critters it is usually because of her. From what i can remember her first kill was a possum, they run along the top of the fence, so she runs backs and forth on the ground chasing them until they get tired, then they just fall from the fence onto the ground (possums don't come our way much anymore) but the kill she has been most proud of is a fruit bat, haven't worked out how she caught it yet.

Brooklyns was either a possum or a chicken, i can't quite remember, he is not much a hunter, he is usually only interested in something until it stops moving then he gets bored and he isn't as quick or as stealth as Halli.

Compton is not a hunter by any means, we found a rat running around downstairs and Compton just stared at it and looked up at me as if to say "mum, aren't you going to get it? There a pest you know". He has gotten a few little lizards, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 am

Same here with Titus. I was upstairs, just got out from the shower and I heard some banging sound from downstairs. At first I thought he was doing his occasional mad run around the house. When I came downstairs, he look cheeky. Definitely cheeky! Then he went behind a chair and brought a half dead bird out and put it in front of me. Lol. Since then, he kills any spiders (huntsmen) or cockroaches that manage to get into the house.
I found him chasing a possum once when it got into our backyard but he never caught it.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:48 am

Anubis catched a young deer when he wa syoung. That wasn´t fun.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 am

A deer? Holy crap! That is impressive
Back to top Go down
Tccgold
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 pm

A deer is super impressive.

Juno and Bleeker have chased them through our yard but never caught.

The first kill was within a month of moving to our more rural house (about 14 months ago) and the tally is now 5 rabbits, at least 3 birds, at least 3 mice, and 1 prairie dog.

There are a bunch of toads too, but when they see them, they just sniff them. If one stops, Juno taps it with her paw until it starts jumping again. Luckily no deaths though.

In the house, they won't chase flies or moths or anything... kinda of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Juno's Dad
Puppy
Puppy
Juno's Dad

Female Join date : 2011-10-03

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 pm

In her mind, Juno's first kill was an opossum we encountered while on our walk one night. The opossum crossed our path about 10 feet in front of us and Juno was on it like the proverbial cheap suit. She grabbed it, and shook it until it went limp, then dropped it. As she strutted away from her "kill" I looked back to see the badly shaken animal pull itself to the side of the road.

However her first real kill was a poor blackbird that wandered into a patch of horseradish in our back yard. She stalked it, sneaking up and leaping the last 3-4 feet grabbing and killing the bird in one quick motion.
Back to top Go down
waheed.mughal.1232
Newborn
Newborn
waheed.mughal.1232

Male Join date : 2012-08-03

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Leo is still waiting for his first kill - now aged 8 months but the cat which incessantly urinated in our garden no longer comes to visit. A neighbour's cat has been perilously close to losing it's 9th life...only a matter of time!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Frosti - possum. The damn mouse is still running around the house, it might be next.

Chili - nothing. He's lazy, he won't even dig way down into the Kong. Wink
Back to top Go down
lovefromtampa19
Newborn
Newborn
lovefromtampa19

Female Join date : 2012-08-04

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Oh boy, My husky has brought me tons of things. All in the house... The first was a Mole, the second was a dead decaying rabbit she left on my bed!!! the third was a bird, and she has caught a couple of squirrels. She has been catching things ever since I've gotten her!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:28 am

Omg maggie is known as the serial killer. holy crap I can't even count what she has killed. She doesn't eat them she just kills them and that is it.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am

Update to Neeka's kill list:
7/30 - mouse - eatng this one
8/19 - shrew - caught, killed then just left her prize laying next to her
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Danzig's first known kill was an unfortunate squirrel in the backyard a few weeks ago. I came out to let him in and he had a squirrel with no head or tail in his mouth. I'm not 100% who actually made the kill between our two dogs but I have feeling they played tug of war with it. Now every small animal Danzig sees, he trys to go after. He got the taste of blood!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Im not against ny dogs being predators, but I am very careful they don't. Get the chance. Neither of them have killed anything. They spend more time doing zoomies than hunting. Cato would rather dig to china. I have weird huskies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:08 pm

You're lucky, though Danzig loves digging holes to China too. We have a very small rabbit so I have to pay extra close attention that they're are never together when the rabbit is out.
Back to top Go down
liz-skees
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-08-17

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Last edited by liz-skees on Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donna5503
Newborn
Newborn
Donna5503

Female Join date : 2012-08-20

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Two Birds & a Squirrel - one night he was standing over a Possum, but when I yelled he came to me & the Possum got up & ran - Thank God ---- this was all in a matter of 2 weeks when he was about 2 yrs old --- he's now 4 & hasn't bothered anything.
Back to top Go down
mccartd1
Newborn
Newborn
mccartd1

Male Join date : 2012-08-01

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Addie enjoys hunting lizards. She kills them first by stepping on them and then picks them up in her mouth and throws them around. After about 2 or 3 tosses she then will roll all over them.

Other than that just toys!! She is afraid of cockroaches and grasshopper though!
Back to top Go down
JungerHund
Newborn
Newborn
JungerHund

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 am

Loki's scared of everything that moves other then bugs. He'll eat any bug that comes close to him. But anything larger then a moth he runs terrified. He freaked out once in his kennel until i opened it up thinking he had to go outside and he hid behind my legs looking at his crate. I looked inside and there was a tree frog....I love my little man but sometimes I can't help but laugh at him. He ignores the cat and as for the other dogs as long as they stay away hes fine if they get close he runs. But nothing i can really count as a "kill" unless bugs do count lol
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 am

Loki's first kill was a baby ground hog in our backyard. On a walk he ate a cicada.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neeka's first kill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neeka's first kill   Neeka's first kill Empty

Back to top Go down

Neeka's first kill

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next