It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

Female Join date : 2010-01-18

r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) Empty
PostSubject: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi My name is Ecko, my mommy adopted me from a bad situation and absolutely adores me, but was told I was good with cats, well, I have a taste for kitty and my mommy is an avid cat lover. I enjoy long walks in the snow, my coat is woolly and I am spayed, up to date on my shots until 5/26/10, and love all other huskies!!! I can talk and my mommy taught me to say "i love you"

Hi, I am ecko's mommy... I have been going back and forth between wanting to find a way to keep her and the cats in my house together and trying to find her a home since I adopted her and had our first "incident" with the cats... My male husky had been raised around cats at his kennel and has been around my cats since he was 7 weeks old... so naturally I assumed that the lady I adopted Ecko from was telling me the truth, not just trying to peddle a dog to the first unsuspecting person... but once I saw her conditions I couldn't take her back from where I got her, not even after she injured one of my cats. This is a tough situation I have been putting myself through, and I have decided that it would be better for Ecko and for my cats for Ecko to find a new home no matter how much my heart breaks over it... So if anyone is interested please let me know. She is very sweet and loving, but absolutely CANNOT go to a home with cats in or around it...
thank you, brittany
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Brittany,
thank you for your post and I hope we can help you find her a home please post your location and some pictures. I understand how you must be feeling as after adopting Sierra we had to rehome our chinchillas as we realized after an accident that the 3 of them could not coexist.

Last edited by jbealer on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 3:32 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Agreed. Where are you located? And is there a rehoming fee? How old is she?

I hope we can help! We just had one successful adoption, it would great if we could make it two!

r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) Hailey10
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 am

we are located in Plymouth IN, my browser is having problems posting pics at this time, wll post later or if an e-mail address is provided then i can send one via e-mail.. sorry guys, and thanks for all your support Very Happy
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:04 am

ok i got a pic of her posted as my avatar , so that is Ecko:) she is a very pretty girl:)
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 pm

I would really consider taking her if she wasn't so far away... We are in Houston, TX and just found a male husky on this website and we are thinking of getting him a female playmate once he is comf. in our home.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:14 pm

I posted this in a couple of other forums to see if we can't find someone closer to you. Let us know how your search goes...

Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi Britt & welcome here! Glad you took my advice & checked out this forum. Everyone, Brittany works in the Vet's Office I take my babies to, and when I found out she's a fellow husky lover, I told her about this forum! I hope we can help her find a home for Ecko. I tried a neighbor, but they are having health issues w/their husky mix right now, so were unable to help her out.

Looking forward to seeing you here!
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey guys just thought I'd let you know a couple picked Ecko up a few days ago. No cats, no small dogs ( she tried eating my moms puppy too) and lots of single attention. His brother has a husky too so she will still have some husky friends:) I was very happy with the family/home I placed her with. She will be coming to my vet clinic for her care and I even got them to bring her to her normal groomers! They are keeping her on sentinel and I sent her with all of her favorite squeaky toys;) I will always miss her, she was my first special husky girl:( I balled my eyes out for the first day she was gone... Icon doesn't seem to miss her though??? I know part of the reason would be that one of my prior foster boys and his owner moved in with us(Stevens cousin). So icon and raiden are still having a blast:)
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:05 pm

I know that was a hard decision to make. Im sure you picked the best family for Ecko possible
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm

That's so great that you found her a home! My mom does dog rescue, so I know how hard it is to find a dog a good home especially a husky. I'm in the same boat as you and couldn't keep a husky unless they were good with my two cats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:43 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Britt, that's great! I'm so glad that you found Ecko a good home and it must feel so good knowing that you'll be able to keep tabs on her. Congratulations. I know how hard this was on you and I'm glad that the stress is finally over Smile

Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:34 am

I keep telling myself that since Ecko and all I went through for her I don't want to foster anymore... But I know if I know if some poor animal that needs help I cannot turn it away... Icon and Steven and I were walking in the park and a beautiful Himalayan mix kitty strolled by and long story short he is awaiting a new home... I'm a sucker with a capital S and there isn't anything I can do about it.
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 am

I'm the same way! Last week some friends of mine found a pup golden retreiver and called ME of course cuz they know im a sucker!! so i kept her and found a good home for her in less than a week! it was hard because i didnt wanna let her go but knowing that i had rescued her form someone who had dumped her off in the middl eof the road!!! it was horrible! but she is great now and she was placed with someone i work with so the other day at work he came in and was showing me pics of her so it worked out for the best!! I love all animals and none of them deserved to be mistreated. they cant help themselves you know. but good thing you found her a home! i know it was hard and yes you do get attached :-)
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:03 am

Oh Britt, I am so glad for you & Ecko! I know how hard this was for you, and finding a good home was of great importance for you. With her coming to the clinic, you can be assured every time you see her that she is doing well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)   r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!) Empty

Back to top Go down

r/w F husky looking for home (no cats!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1