It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Profile picture?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jasmineramsden
Puppy
Puppy
jasmineramsden

Female Join date : 2012-08-04

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Profile picture?   Profile picture? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:37 am

Hi guys,

how do I upload a profile picture of my beautiful pup??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Profile picture?   Profile picture? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 am

Up top, click on "profile" - right above where it says Registration Information, a bit to the right, you'll see
Information | Preferences | Signature | Avatar | Friends and foes | Topic(s) being watched | Favourites | Facebook invite

Signature is what is below your post. You have to upload a photo or some other image hosting site and post the photo in there (you have to upload it to an image hosting site, like photobucket.com, and then get the URL for the photo and paste it in there with the BB code for an image; if you go to signature, you'll see some little square photos above where you type, the 16th little square is a photo that resembles a polaroid photo, click that and paste the URL there).

Take note that the dimensions of your signature cannot exceed 200x500, if it does the forum will automatically shrink it and it'll look funky.

The photo on the left side of your post in an avatar. Just click it and select a photo from your computer and it will upload it. Your avatar can only be 200x200.
Back to top Go down
LRomero
Newborn
Newborn
LRomero

Male Join date : 2012-08-31

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Profile picture?   Profile picture? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:36 pm

I feel kind of dumb, but where is this? I tried to search for it and the words don't come up anywhere on the site pages. I'm fully logged in. I can even visit my profile, and see some limited editing options but I don't see the toolbar you speak of.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Profile picture?   Profile picture? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Once you click on the "Profile" button under the "It's a Husky Thing" logo, look to the left of the "Who's in the Chatroom?" box. If you look just to the left of it, you will see "Facebook Invite" - follow that line to the left and you'll see the toolbar Heather was referring to. It's not a toolbar in the traditional sense, it's text that you can click on.

Let me know if you can find it.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Profile picture?   Profile picture? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:07 pm

You don't need to feel dumb... We are all here sharing experiences or stories to help one another. Every question is acceptable and if you can't find or figure something out that lessens your experience or fun here then by all means always ask away. Someone will be more then happy to help if they can.

At the VERY top of the page, right below the picture of the Husky in play mode, is a white bar with a number of options on it. One of which is PROFILE.

Should you not see the white bar at all you should still be able to see a Broken image of the bar and one of the broken images should read PROFILE. You can go ahead and click on that.

If you still can't see it click
here.

That should bring you to your profile page.

That should bring you to your profile INFORMATION page.

You can edit what ever you like there but what you want to do click the link for your AVATAR on the black toolbar just above all that information. This toolbar of black text can be found just below the crawl that appears on the site and just above the blue bar which reads "Registration Information - View my profile"

Avatar is the image that will appear under your user name when you make a post.
Signature is an image which will appear under your posts themselves.

Pick the one you need and either upload an image for your avatar or create some BB code and links for a signature.

Again if you can't find it click Here for Avatar

Or Here for Signature.

that should about do it.

************* Reasons you might not be seeing the white toolbar or the crawl at the top of the page is your web browser. Internet Explorer is a bit wonky sometimes with this site where most other web browsers seem to work fine. So if you use I.E. it might be the cause of your problems in not seeing the bars. ***********

Hope it helps,
~Chris~

Newborn
Newborn
LRomero

Male Join date : 2012-08-31

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Profile picture?   Profile picture? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks Undarth and Tika!

Yes I was really puzzled that the navigation wasn't there. I post on a few other forums and ran some myself so I was really confused that there wasn't one there.

We have a pretty beefy firewall here at work, so I'm not sure if that's what's causing it not to show up. I've tried logging in using Chrome, Firefox and IE all latest versions.

Tika, the white bar you speak of I only see a tiny white bar (almost 75px wide and like 2 px high, lol). But the links helped! I am able to get to page.. what's weird is when I'm in that page, I can now see the navigation... so I guess what I just said about the Firewall isn't valid lol.

Very odd..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Profile picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Profile picture?   Profile picture? Empty

Back to top Go down

Profile picture?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1