It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! Empty
PostSubject: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey all!

Today I was given the okay to make this thread regarding abby, the foster who is up for adoption in South Dakota. After speaking with the forum user in charge of spreading the word about Abby, her foster parents have agreed to send her cross-country to me! YAY! bounce Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation She is so gorgeous, and it is so sad that she has been in and out of so many homes before her first birthday!

Here is the snag. Being from Oregon, meeting halfway is impossible, and shipping is insanely expensive. Just because I believe I represent the most suitable furever home for her, doesn't mean I am made of money:/ Sooooo... After the suggestion from Megan, I have decided to start Operation: Get Abby Home. I am reaching out to you fellow users to ask if any of you would be willing to help shuttle Abby towards me on a great journey. I could try to come up with some compensation for the gas, but, like i said, I am not mr. megabucks... It won't be possible without some good, old fashioned community outreach, and as much as I would appreciate the help, I'm sure it would Abby even happier!

We can have an open discussion here in the thread, or you can PM me with your location, radius of travel, etc. if you would like to try to help! Let's get abby to her forever home!

Thank you all in advance!

Sean

P.S.- On another note, does anyone have any idea whether or not i should be worried about a 9month old female and an 11 month old female sharing a living space together? Keeonah is typically veryyyy submissive and playful, but she hasn't had a new sister yet either, and this was her house first.. I think i am honestly more worried about Abby not tolerating Keeonah, than vice versa. Keeonah is a freaking angel honestly, other than stealing tissue out of the trash. She is very docile, except for the zoomies. She has never growled one time, bared teeth, or anything. She rolls onto her back and tucks her tail when bigger dogs try to dominate her. She's just a big princess really. My house is 1300 sq ft, and has a pretty sizable backyard for a house in the suburbs, so they won't be forced to be a foot away from eachother or anything.

Thanks again!

Edit: Here is a picture of my girl, and hopefully sister to be, for inspiration Wink

Keeonah
home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! 302

Abby
home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! 004

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 pm

YAY I am so glad you are able provide a furever home for abby. I wish I could help get her home but I live quite south of you guys.

I think abby and keeonah would be able to get along it may take some time and alot of work on your part. We had several concerns when we got kerian but Blaze was older than Keeonah also mine were both older than these two when they were bought together. I would take my time in letting the two get to know each other and supervise any play carefully.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 pm

How far can you travel? We have done this with a sugar glider trying to get to it's New home before. Everyone along the route took it a little ways. If abby can get to salt lake we could meet you in Idaho. I know its not much help but every little bit gets her closer. Or maybe start a pay pal account people could donate funds to get her shipped home?
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Dragula64 wrote:
Or maybe start a pay pal account people could donate funds to get her shipped home?

^^This is definitely not a bad idea, I just am sort of old school of mind..I hate hate HATE asking people for money:/ But i do suppose in today's busy society, the donation route might make the most sense. We will have to see how much exposure and interest this thread gets first i suppose.

Thank you so much for the offer! I myself could go about as far as Idaho, but i have old friends there who would probably even help to get her closer.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:43 pm

There are some groups on Facebook and Yahoo that set up transport trains for people adopting and fostering pets cross country. Here's one of the groups I follow: Pet Adoption Highway, and I can see about asking for a transport on OnTheRoadAgain, which is a Yahoo group I'm a member of. Too bad it's not between Chicago and Florida, I'm headed back that way in a few days Razz

Good luck!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Meredith, thanks for the link as I've off and on offered transport for northern breeds. Will look at this in depth later tomorrow when I have time.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 pm

You're welcome Len, and actually that reminded me, here is the Non-Facebook Link for Pet Adoption Highway.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
mccartd1
Newborn
Newborn
mccartd1

Male Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

This is awesome! After Hurricane Katrina hit NOLA, I helped fly a lot of dogs out of NOLA and connect them back with their owners or new forever homes! It was great. I had one plane that had over 12 dogs in it!!!

Some were definitely better passengers then others!

I think the PayPal account would be the best bet though! That way you have a couple bucks to get you going.

I would do an FB page and see what response you can get out of it! Even if you raise 20 bucks that's more than what you had!

Wish I was in the Idaho area, I'd be more than happy to fly her part of the way!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:55 pm

mccartd1 wrote:
After Hurricane Katrina hit NOLA, I helped fly a lot of dogs out of NOLA and connect them back with their owners or new forever homes! It was great. I had one plane that had over 12 dogs in it!!!

That's awesome! If I can get my class III back one of these years I'd love to be able to do that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!   home - OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!! Empty

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GET ABBY HOME!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1