It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Houston, TX

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeldaRules
Newborn
Newborn
ZeldaRules

Hello from Houston, TX Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi! This forum looks really neat, glad I found it! My name is Jamie and I live in Houston with my 3 dogs....Zelda, Optimus Prime(Doberman), and Rogue(German Shepherd). Zelda is my 6 year old Siberian Husky. She was my first dog that I got on my own 6 years ago and boy has she taught me a lot! I purchased Zelda from a Backyard greeder before I knew any better. Luckily she turned out beautiful and has been very healthy this far. I educated myself about rescue and the differences between ethical breeders and irresponsible ones ever since and Zelda has been a great big sister to countless dogs I have fostered over the years. Zelda has no titles or accomplishments to her name other than winning a few kissing contests at dog events and entertaining the elderly at a nursing home I used to visit when my grandma was there.

What was I thinking?! ;p
Hello from Houston, TX 8F6F68C2-DE62-4F4D-985A-B45E781ACA45-484-000000A0E753EFA3

Hello from Houston, TX 77445867-B4E8-4A5B-AF73-16280E835204-484-00000099E9199880

Hello from Houston, TX 616D997B-008C-415F-B546-086F47172AE4-484-00000097AB3AA840

Hello from Houston, TX 50A4D6DE-4F96-4BE7-9BE8-9982DABA9213-484-00000097BA5303CA

Hello from Houston, TX 0DA079BB-F959-4F8C-A506-E7AECF089351-484-00000097D27BAB42

Hello from Houston, TX D7A9159B-6D2B-4051-A62F-4964DD9DE106-484-0000009888603AD9

Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 am

Welcome! How cute! This is a very helpful forum indeed. I would be lost without these guys. Nice looking dog family you have! I am a fellow Houstonian as well. Smile I frequent the dog parks around here. I'm attempting to adopt a second Husky! Zelda is very pretty. I love the blue toenails lol.
Back to top Go down
ZeldaRules
Newborn
Newborn
ZeldaRules

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:57 am

VintageJeans wrote:
Welcome! How cute! This is a very helpful forum indeed. I would be lost without these guys. Nice looking dog family you have! I am a fellow Houstonian as well. Smile I frequent the dog parks around here. I'm attempting to adopt a second Husky! Zelda is very pretty. I love the blue toenails lol.

Thanks for the welcome! Zelda loves dog parks,mainly for the running...and Houston has so many! I work in a grooming salon so my poor dogs go through torturous nail paintings, lol.

I saw your post and response about Sterling. Crossing paws for you! The ladies in that rescue are all really cool and awesome dog people and are crazy about their huskies/mals Smile I've known them for 6 years now..I volunteer with dobe and gsd rescue but got started in husky rescue and they were some of the first rescuers I met and we have remained great friends. Ranger is a super cool dog, I photographed him and Rowan at Discovery Green and Ranger did great in the little dog park there.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 am

I recognize those collars! Are you a collarmania addict too? Ugh I don't even want to admit how many I have... Lol

Welcome!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
ZeldaRules
Newborn
Newborn
ZeldaRules

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 am

arooroomom wrote:
I recognize those collars! Are you a collarmania addict too? Ugh I don't even want to admit how many I have... Lol

Welcome!

Hahaha...oh man....you know it! Custom dog collars are my crack!
Back to top Go down
ElanzaCoetzee
Newborn
Newborn
ElanzaCoetzee

Female Join date : 2012-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 am

Wow Zelda is Stunning!!!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Your whole pack is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 pm

ZeldaRules wrote:
VintageJeans wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! Zelda loves dog parks,mainly for the running...and Houston has so many! I work in a grooming salon so my poor dogs go through torturous nail paintings, lol.

I saw your post and response about Sterling. Crossing paws for you! The ladies in that rescue are all really cool and awesome dog people and are crazy about their huskies/mals Smile I've known them for 6 years now..I volunteer with dobe and gsd rescue but got started in husky rescue and they were some of the first rescuers I met and we have remained great friends. Ranger is a super cool dog, I photographed him and Rowan at Discovery Green and Ranger did great in the little dog park there.

Yes they do!

Neat! Maybe I'll stop by someday and give Juneau to y'all when she blows her coat lol. I still have quite a few months, if not a year.

Thank you, I really need it! I'm so glad. Kim seems like a nice gal. They suggested Bonnie or Clyde to me. I'm still deciding, lol, not sure if I can handle a 3 month old and 4 month old at the same time.

I didn't know you could volunteer for them! I volunteer occasionally at Habitat for Horses out in Dickinson, TX. My boyfriend works for Exxonmobil, so some 503(c) Non-Profit Organizations can get $500 if he volunteers for more than 40 hrs. I'll have to check them out!
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

Female Join date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 am

Wow, lovely dogs! I'm new to this forum as well! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
ZeldaRules
Newborn
Newborn
ZeldaRules

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:13 am

ElanzaCoetzee wrote:
Wow Zelda is Stunning!!!

Thanks! I think her beauty is her curse..she gets away with murder!

MGoBlue wrote:
Your whole pack is beautiful!

I try to keep them looking their best! Smile

GalacticPup wrote:
Wow, lovely dogs! I'm new to this forum as well! Welcome!

Thanks and welcome to you too!
Back to top Go down
ZeldaRules
Newborn
Newborn
ZeldaRules

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:18 am

VintageJeans wrote:
ZeldaRules wrote:
VintageJeans wrote:

Yes they do!

Neat! Maybe I'll stop by someday and give Juneau to y'all when she blows her coat lol. I still have quite a few months, if not a year.

Thank you, I really need it! I'm so glad. Kim seems like a nice gal. They suggested Bonnie or Clyde to me. I'm still deciding, lol, not sure if I can handle a 3 month old and 4 month old at the same time.

I didn't know you could volunteer for them! I volunteer occasionally at Habitat for Horses out in Dickinson, TX. My boyfriend works for Exxonmobil, so some 503(c) Non-Profit Organizations can get $500 if he volunteers for more than 40 hrs. I'll have to check them out!

Hey, if you are on my side of town that would be awesome! I had two husky customers today Smile!

When it comes to multiple dogs, I personally prefer to have one older, mature dog in the pack. Two pups would drive me nuts! I hope you find the perfect match with whatever dog it is Smile

and rescues ALWAYS need good volunteers!! There are so many things you can do in rescue. You can transport dogs to their vet appointments or events, do home visits, do reference calls, help hold dogs at events and educate the public about the rescue and homeless huskies in need, etc...

Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:32 pm

ZeldaRules wrote:
VintageJeans wrote:
ZeldaRules wrote:
VintageJeans wrote:

Yes they do!

Hey, if you are on my side of town that would be awesome! I had two husky customers today Smile!

When it comes to multiple dogs, I personally prefer to have one older, mature dog in the pack. Two pups would drive me nuts! I hope you find the perfect match with whatever dog it is Smile

and rescues ALWAYS need good volunteers!! There are so many things you can do in rescue. You can transport dogs to their vet appointments or events, do home visits, do reference calls, help hold dogs at events and educate the public about the rescue and homeless huskies in need, etc...

Sweet! I'm on the Southeast side, in La Porte.

Good point. I'll keep looking! I'm not in a rush. I'm still waiting to see how Sterling's meet & greet went. What's meant to be will always find a way!

I'll check out the website! Surely I can transport some pups here and there. I'd love to foster, but I get so attached. We'll see lol. Thanks for being so nice!

Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi & Welcome from Australia, your pack is beautiful. What a great mix of dogs you have. Zelda is gorgeous, love the white coat.The photo in your avatar with Optimus Prime in the sunglasses is too cute.
Back to top Go down
ZeldaRules
Newborn
Newborn
ZeldaRules

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank you SL! I love that mask on the dog in the first pic in your signature.
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm

haha, thanks! I was contemplating a white Husky, before we decided to keep Compton out of the first litter, but i don't know how long the coat would stay white, our yard has heaps of dirt in it from where the dogs have dug up the grass (naughty buggers), how often do you bathe Zelda to keep her so white?
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Hello!! Zelda is gorgeous! Mia's eyes are like hers now. Not blue like when she was a pup....boy do I miss those blue eyes. I did the same as far as getting her from a backyard breeder. But I'm sure she has had the best treatment as compared to the other pups in the litter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Houston, TX   Hello from Houston, TX Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Houston, TX

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1