It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Toys for huskys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rnick02
Newborn
Newborn
rnick02

Male Join date : 2012-09-02

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm just curious if anybody else has a husky that seems to care less about having toys to play with? My dog seems to prefer laying down to playing with a toy, chewing on a rawhide, etc. It just seems odd to me, since any dog I've been around in the past, loved this.
I have gotten her all sorts of different toys, squeeky toys (not too dissapointed she doesnt play with them) she has a couple kongs, rawhide bones, a rope, nylabone.
If she gets really excited, she will grab one of the rawhide bones and chew on it for a few minutes, or growl and pounce at it, but she never lays down and goes to town on it for any amount of time.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Mine has never played with toys and I've tried many over his lifetime!
He does like to chew bully sticks and play with the hide a treat puzzle games.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Mine enjoys tennis balls, frisbees, stuffed animals from the pet store, bully sticks, and marrow bones (I currently have an antler, but haven't given it to her yet).

bestbullysticks.com has a variety of bully sticks. wag.com does too. Beware, they stink. You can buy odor free ones if you want. I got her this nylabone lamb & apple chew treat. She devoured it in 20 mins! 4 months old! She went crazy for it. She also loves anything that has to do with salmon.

STAY AWAY FROM MILO'S KITCHEN, WAGGIN' TAILS, AND CANYON CREEK RANCH (treats made and processed in China, yuck!). They are making dogs sick and eventually dead! Tons of articles on it. The brand True Chews is USA made and 100% safe. They have chicken jerky, bully sticks and a few other things (sold at Petsmart).

Hope I helped!

Back to top Go down
rnick02
Newborn
Newborn
rnick02

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:57 pm

The funny thing is that I just got home from work a little while and the dog is now absolutely obsessed with one of her squeeky toys, kinda made me laugh since I had just began this thread less than an hour earlier..
Dumb question, but what is a bully stick? I have heard of them before, but dont know anything about it.
I have heard to make sure to stay away from the stuff made in China, and will definitely be doing that.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 am

Bully sticks are made from bull penis. They do stink as Jackie mentioned. Even the odor free ones still can have a very slight smell. I usually buy mine from bestbullysticks.com.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:40 am

Mine loves to play with toys, especially teddy bear ish toys and usually hordes them in the section of the house he wants to play in. This week its the kitchen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 am

I bought Freya a 10 pack of bully sticks the other day. I thought everyone was egsagerating when they said they stink. I stuck my nose in the bag and nearly passes out lol. They dont just stink, they smell like week old roadkill in summer lol.

Freya loves squeeker toys. She likes toys she can cart around everywhere. She likes her tennis balls and my broom lol,
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
rnick02
Newborn
Newborn
rnick02

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 am

Alright great, thanks everybody for the info.
I will have to look in to picking up a few bully sticks.. I will take everybodies word for it about the smell, and probably pick up the odor free ones.
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Worst thing about bully sticks is the smell on your hands.....OMG!! you need some strong dish detergent to get that smell off!
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:56 pm

LillDragun wrote:
Worst thing about bully sticks is the smell on your hands.....OMG!! you need some strong dish detergent to get that smell off!

haha, you really do. It lingers something cruel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 pm

They have low odor bully sticks, I just saw an email for them!
Back to top Go down
LillDragun
Teenager
Teenager
LillDragun

Male Join date : 2012-04-24

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm

That feels like an ad for stink-less poo. Haha
Back to top Go down
mellard
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-07-16

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Oakley is obsessed with the pet shop no stuffing toys. And the ruff wear turnup. He also goes to town on stuffed femurs and beef rib bones( gotta love butcher shops). He doesn't play with his other toys though just those two.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Balon loves cow hooves, I know gross, and yes they smell when they are chewing them. But he throws it around and pounces on it, then will chew on it for hours lol.
Back to top Go down
Cathleen13
Newborn
Newborn

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Dante LOVES toys, especially squeaky toys, problem is, after 5 minutes, he has silenced the squeak and ripped open the toy! Toys for huskys 1625187496
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Trillion likes those bones that smell like rotting carcas when they're being chewed lol and she's quite fond of antlers... As for actual toys she's NEVER been interested in them ever, we got her one of those nyla bones that look plastic she will carry it around but dosnt chew on it. Neutral

Oh wait!
The only toys she wants are the ones other dogs have! And she only wants them to play keep away :p. Meanie
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

Mine likes everything from a rubber chicken to ropes.
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:21 am

Lord, Kota is absolutely obsessed with toys. Any kind of toy. The issue we have with her is finding one to last more than an hour. She kills them!! We had a like rubber pig that for the longest time she couldn't destroy but finally she did, so we got her another an the next evening it was gone.

She loves marrow bones too but only till she cleans out the marrow from inside then she is completely over it. We'll have to try to bully sticks though. Lucky for us there isn't much she doesn't like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 am

I buy these bully sticks, I never noticed them smelling too bad... https://doggyloot.com/deals/1822-18-dollars-for-a-10-pack-of-low-odor-bully-sticks-includes-shipping/buy
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 pm

pandactivity wrote:
Trillion likes those bones that smell like rotting carcas when they're being chewed lol and she's quite fond of antlers... As for actual toys she's NEVER been interested in them ever, we got her one of those nyla bones that look plastic she will carry it around but dosnt chew on it. Neutral

Oh wait!
The only toys she wants are the ones other dogs have! And she only wants them to play keep away :p. Meanie

I was just thinking about nylon bones. You get the impression by going anywhere from a high end boutique pet store to Fred Meyer that we all owe it to our dogs to give them nylon bones.

They just seem so unappealing and bland and boring. not to mention hard and bizarre.

We have yet to get one for our upcoming puppy and I am not convinced we will.

We are sold on bully sticks and other natural chew sticks/pieces, and we have the usual array of tennis balls, rope knots, wobbly puzzley things, and the one squeaky we have is a stuffed koi on a skate lace on a gardening pole that I will use to teach him pulling/sledding commands once he's matured enough.

Guess we will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Is there such things as toys for Huskies??? lol..

every "toy" i've ever bought mine have only lasted 20 min or so... then the "toy" becomes "trash" Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Ha, noted Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Captain_Husky
Newborn
Newborn
Captain_Husky

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Have you tried those Kongs? My mothers pit bull has one and she tears everything up but that one kong is still holding up.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Empty soda bottles work for a little while. Nyla bones are usually big with Bella and filled hooves work for at least as long as the filling lasts, sometimes longer.
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 am

meet blu's favoriet toy.

i put a tennisball on the inside of his... best 25 bucks i've ever spent. he's had it since he was 13 weeks old (now 5 months) and it's still just as new as the day i bought it, and he spends hours upon hours trowing it around, jumping on it, and attempting to get that tennis ball out... he has yet to succeed.

Also enjoys taking my socks and destroying them... useually out of my dresser in the mornings when im not looking, he bury's them under his blankets in his crate. (such a little thief)

Also anything to do with peanut butter or cheese (I.E. his kong toy jammed with peanut butter and cubes of cheese).

Also ropes seem to last him awhile (about two weeks before he has it disassembled)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toys for huskys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys for huskys   Toys for huskys Empty

Back to top Go down

Toys for huskys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next