It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. Empty
PostSubject: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Hey everyone, ran into a woman at the dog park who helped to rescue a pair of very mistreated dogs out of the back of a van. they were left in there to die in 100 degree weather with no ventilation. the little Shepard has found a home, but she still has the husky.
He is about 4 years, black and while with blue eyes. extremely sweet and is good with cats, kids ad other dogs. He is in a 2 week foster home, after that rescue in Halifax will take him, they really want to find him a home before then. Its a long way to Halifax from here. Either forever or long term foster.
Charlie is one tough little guy who needs some help, anyone who knows someone in either Quebec or Ontario looking to adopt please message me. this is a very reliable woman named Carmen and she really wants to find him a great home. I am able to get photos if needed, I saw a few of him, he is a handsome little guy, though underfed.
I would be willing to help transport, as would Carmen. She has 3 dogs already so cannot keep him. the only shelter here that would accept him is high kill.

Please pass the word along!
Kelly

Last edited by Tika on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Would also be able to transport into US (Vermont, new York, new Hampshire area, even down to Massachusetts.) Hoping we can get this guy a good home. he has his a is shots so can cross the border.

Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Massachusetts is not too far from Rhode Island where I live. I can ask my girlfriend, but how long is the foster for?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:26 pm

hes on a 2 week foster, after that they have to find him a home. If it came down to transport we could try to find a way to get him to you if we could meet up part way. He is a runner apparently, so either a fenced yard or always on leash is a must with this guy
Will post photos shortly

The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm

** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. Mail110

** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. Mail10
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Fenced yard and lots of running I can manage, Do you know how long we might have him for?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Ideally its adoption if he's going far, because he has had a lot f travel already. He's from Ontario. But if you guys have a good idea of finding him a home in the area it would be OK. I don't know any rescues in the states. I know when we gt Ripley we spoke to the local one and they agreed to post her bio if she was in our home.
Were you looking for a 2nd dog at all?

Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:57 pm

If you did choose to foster him, I might be able to take him in January. I would hope he'd find a home before then but worst case scenario would be 4 months. I most likely won't have a yard but I would do leash and plenty of dog park visits.

I'm also talking to family to see if anyone will be interested.

I'd be willing to do a leg of the transport if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Chris I'll talk to my girlfriend and see if we can foster him for four months for shae.

I'll let you know ASAP
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm

If you need transport any where between Syracuse, NY and Erie,PA, I'm available.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks!! I'll keep the woman posted about the progress. We might be able to get a transport train set up with Shae too, she can meet him that way.
Shae what are the chances you take him?
Len thanks for the offer to help!!
Kelly
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 pm

I just have to get my living arrangements in FL set in stone. If I can get the apartment I want or even better, rent out part of a duplex with a yard, then I just have to convince my mother i'm not biting off more than I can chew but really, I'd probably end up doing it anyway.

I am still going to try my best to find him a good home before then but if we don't come up with something and I have an apartment where he and Cal don't exceed the weight limit, then I'd be happy to take him.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:13 am

We are getting a fair bit of sharing on FB for this poor guy. Hoping this results in a serious interest.
Bumping the post for those who werent online yesterday. If anyone knows of a home or interested parties.
Thanks for the support!
~Kelly

Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Where can I find his fb post to share?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm

friend me. Kelly Russell my photo is of Chris and Me holding a baby and cover photo is of me with the two dogs.

Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Facebook isn't cooperating with me. I'll check later when i'm on my computer. Or you can add me. Shae Elizabeth Beaudoin
facebook.com/shaefortomorrow i think is my direct link though i tend to be the only search result.

edit: default is me and a shirtless band guy/aka future husband. my cover photo is a tour poster with dates on it for the band there for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 pm

We've connected Smile

Last edited by Tika on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Chris FB

Feel free to add me and you should be able to find Kelly pretty easy from there.... I won't add her link directly for my own reasons, but if you find her via my page I have no problem with it.

Anyone who comes or posts on these boards I have no problem with having my info, or being my friends...... Thats what delete buttons and blocks where made for Smile Smile Smile.

~Chris~

Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Added. Darn facebook always complicating things. I'll share it now on a few places.
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:52 pm

So we talked this morning, let just say we wont be able to help, but we can help with transportation between the States she said. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks anyways. We have one potential home for him here, fingers crossed, looks like a nice family
Kelly

The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 am

He has a HOME!!!!
a real forever home.
With 2 little kids to play with a a super excited mom. it took her a while to get her hubby on board, but apparently since they said yes he's been online doing training research and plans to buy him a harness so he can pull the kids......another convert...lol

We got him for the day on Sunday and he was so sweet. We took him and Tika to visit the family interested and he charmed the pants off them.
He was still very thin though the foster has been taking super good care of him. He could stand another 15 pounds easily. He is head and shoulders above Tika and Ripley and only weighed about 45 pounds. Absolute neglect in this case. It made my heart hurt to think of the stuff done to him, but I was absolutely thrilled that he has a lovely new home, with a huge backyard to run around in and plently of opportunity for exercise.
The new owners have been back and forth with me asking questions and making sure that they know what to do and how to best take care for him, I have every confidence he will turn into an amazing family dog.
Laughing
Congratulations Charlie. You deserve it buddy!
~Kelly
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 am

Yay!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 am

Aw yay! I'm glad he found a good home!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Yay!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.   ** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home. Empty

Back to top Go down

** Update- Adopted** 4 year old male husky in Montreal needs home.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next