It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sayas teeth? new canines?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Sayas teeth? new canines? Empty
PostSubject: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Most of sayas teeth have already fallen out. The only ones hat remain are the canines. They are already loose and about to fall out. However her new canines already started breaking erupting next to the baby ones. Is this normal? or should I take her to the vet to get the baby canines removed?

Here is a picture
Sayas teeth? new canines? 2vAPo
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Look kind of crowded. I would probably bring her to a vet and see what they say. I know it's pretty common with smaller dogs and if you don't get it removed in time the new teeth will come in wrong. But if it's really loose and you want to try to see if it will fall out, a good game of tug-o-war helps loosen baby teeth.

Sayas teeth? new canines? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:30 am

That happened to Balon, only 2 canines fell out on their own, when he was neutered they pulled the other two baby canines because the adults were coming in right next to them and they wanted to be sure they came in the proper place! I would probably check with your vet, apparently this happens all the time!
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 am

This happened to Kota when her baby teeth started falling out. I noticed her new canines coming in literally right beside her baby ones. I honestly didn't think much of it though because her baby teeth were literally barely hanging on and figured they would fall out when they wanted. They, of course, did and now her teeth look fine. Maybe just call your vet and see what they have to say. My vet is pretty good about giving really good advise over the phone, instead of just making me come in for a visit. Smile
Back to top Go down
yulia86
Puppy
Puppy
yulia86

Female Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:35 pm

I just saw today that Maxi's (4 months and 2 weeks old) down canines fall and the up ones have the same "problem" like Sayas ... I'm guessing it's normal, but if someone will tell me, it will help not be so worried Smile

Sayas teeth? new canines? Img_0114Sayas teeth? new canines? Img_0115
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm

If they are just barely hanging on I wouldn't worry about it too much. Long as they fall out soon. I have to keep a lookout for the same thing with Lucian. He's 4 1/2 months, and all his front puppy teeth have fallen out, up to the canines. I'm hoping they are the next to go, sharp little things that they are, lol. If they don't fall out soon though, I would call the vet.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 pm

They will fall out on their own haha. I was super worried but within a day or two they were out. Are they loose already?
Back to top Go down
yulia86
Puppy
Puppy
yulia86

Female Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:34 am

They are strong, not looking like they will fall soon. I e-mailed my vet, she said it's normal, but if they don't fall in some time then we will need to take them out, I will keep you updated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sayas teeth? new canines?   Sayas teeth? new canines? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sayas teeth? new canines?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1