It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl Empty
PostSubject: Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl   Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Came across this in a few of the rescue pages I have on my FB.
Thought it was definatly worth sharing.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=270302453088919&set=a.101965146589318.2069.101732496612583&type=3&theater

~Kelly
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl   Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:12 pm

The link only brought me to my FB wall.

Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl   Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=439845926065944&set=a.310228342361037.84989.308235402560331&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

This is directly from the Pet Trust's FB page. I copied and pasted the info Smile

READ THE LETTER BELOW FROM MICHAEL ROSENBERG WHO WILL BE SPENDING THE WEEKEND IN A KENNEL AT MIAMI DADE ANIMAL SERVICES TO BRING ATTENTION TO THE HOMELESS PET CRISIS IN MIAMI DADE COUNTY. WE NEED EVERYONE'S SUPPORT TO PASS THE PETS' TRUST INTIATIVE WHICH WILL BE ON THE BALLOT THIS NOV 6. THE PETS' TRUST IF PASSED, WILL PROVIDE LOW AND NO COST SPAY NEUTER CLINICS AMONGST OTHER SERVICES.
To the wonderful supporters of The Pets’ Trust…..

Two weeks from tonight (starting the evening of October 5th), while all of you are comfy in your beds…..I will be spending my first night in the cages of animal services. I will be surrendered just as any other animal is around 5:00 that evening. Attached you will find a photo of my new home. It’s not going to be easy, but with our lack of funding, and trying to win a county wide election…there is just no choice. Animals Services has been extremely cooperative in preparing for this and we have two goals….

(1) Empty out the cages at Animals Services that weekend. Let’s have me…be the only living thing left…..if I survive!!

(2) Promoting the Pets’ Trust to the community as we have an election to win.

When I first thought of the idea of the Pets’ Trust, I had no idea it would lead to me living with the animals at some future date, which is now fast approaching. But, when I went to shoot the photos, I discovered that I will have some very nice and loving neighbors. So, late at night, when everyone is gone…and it is just me and the dogs…and cats….. we’ll just enjoy the evening, take in the fragrance…and await the next morning and hope enough visitors come to adopt everyone….and LEAVE ME.

Cesar Millan, who is quickly becoming a friend, sent me a short video. That was very kind of him. See attachment.

Also…a big round of applause for Mayor Cindy Lerner who has created a wonderful letter that is going to all the Mayors of Dade County asking for support. Thank you Cindy. Let’s get ALL the Mayors to sign your letter.

Several people told me they will be bringing their children to witness this because it will be a great educational opportunity. So….spread the word and have a great laugh at my photo. Send this email everywhere. Post the photo everywhere. This is our introduction to the public. Share the message from Cesar..

My couple of days in the cage, is nothing compared to the heroics of all the rescuers. You guys are the real heroes, and will continue to be rescuers after the Pets’ Trust wins. I just want to make sure it wins.

As always…..we can never have enough volunteers. Please keep calling.

Lastly…I hope many of you will come and visit me over that weekend. It won’t be the best of conditions, but just as my neighbors..the doggies…have that unconditional love….I’ll probably be in such a state that even I will have unconditional love as well!!!

I hope to see you from inside the cages…..

Michael Rosenberg

President Pets’ Trust

6952 N.W. 12th St.

Miami, FL 33126

305 593 1211 ext 2227 office

305 439 3571 cell —
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl   Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl 40861810
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl   Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:34 pm

That's crazy! That looks exactly like the kennel spot that Asia was in at Miami Dade!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl   Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl Empty

Back to top Go down

Great way to raise awareness in Miami, Fl

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1