It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Newbie from VA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi from VA...

New to the forum. Here's my story:

When I was little, we got the best Christmas present ever from my grandparents when I was 5. Christy was a husky/collie mix, was brown and white with the mask on her face, a curly tail, and beautiful green eyes. She would get the "wild dog" occasionally and run circles around the house, and "talked" like huskies tend to do. Christy grew up with my sister and I, and died when I was 13. She was the best dog I'd ever had until this past year.

I've always loved huskies. My boyfriend had to put down his sweet 13 year old husky, Sammy, in September 2011. The house was so empty without him. After looking around for a while and deciding we were ready for another dog, my boyfriend and I adopted Kane from a rescue group in TN. His original name was Chaser, and he was 18 months old when we got him in January. We don't know a whole lot about his background, just that he had been left alone in an apartment for a week with no food or water before being sent to a shelter. He was at the shelter for 3 months, then the rescue group found him and placed him with a foster family for 3 months. He was housebroken already, which was a gift. He has been through the Petsmart Beginner training class and was "Top of the Class" (I'm such a proud mama.) He loves chasing squirrels in the backyard (fenced, of course), going for long walks on the greenway, sleeping on his back in the middle of the living room floor, play-wrestling with his dad, and getting belly rubs and hugs from his mama.

I'm hooked, if you can't tell. I love my sweet, hard-headed, full of energy, beautiful boy.

Newbie from VA Edit110
Sleeping Smile

Newbie from VA From_i10
Begging

Newbie from VA From_p10
When not sprawling on back, he likes to curl up in tiny ball

Newbie from VA From_i11
Mama's handsome boy
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Great story and beautiful dog! It's great that you rescued. Where in VA are you?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Welcome from northern VA wave

He's a handsome guy! Congrats on adopting hm.
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 pm

We're in Roanoke, VA.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Welcome and thanks for adopting! looks like he landed in the right home, that of being spoiled by people who know what to expect from him Smile so when are you getting another one..... Razz

love the small pic of him on the tree in your sig

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

I've been looking for another...but I think we'll wait til we're both done with paramedic school first. He doesn't get to play with other dogs much, and I'd love to rescue another sweet baby.

He finally caught his first squirrel last week, after months and months of treeing them like in that pic. He played and played with it, I don't think he meant to kill it, but throwing it in the air and catching it didn't end well for squirrel. He didn't even make it bleed, or attempt to eat it. He did try to bury it to play with it some more later, lol.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Welcome! Congrats on adopting him.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Congrats, he's gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
jerrad.kuehne
Newborn
Newborn
jerrad.kuehne

Male Join date : 2012-09-30

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Welcome! Also from VA here. Hampton Roads Area. If you ever want a husky playdate let me know! i know it's a drive but i don't mind coming out there. I can't find anyone around here that has a husky!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie from VA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from VA   Newbie from VA Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from VA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1