It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from Dublin!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Molly-Darren
Newborn
Newborn

Greetings from Dublin!! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:31 am

Hi everyone, proud new owner of Molly my 8 wk old Husky (wait for applause lol). At first when we picked her up I was convinced she may have a case of severe husky monster syndrome as she was so wired to say the least, but after the excitement settled down she is actually wonderfully behaved, Daddys little girl!lol
She had her 6-9wk vaccination 4days before we picked her up and have her 3days. so yesterday I figured was a good time to really start the potty training and she was making good ground, going to the door to let me kow when she needed to go....wouldnt hold it tho, was like she'd say "you've got 4seconds to get me out or you have a clean up job" still quite clever to pick it up so well. Anyway the point is that last night she would not stop farting and my gosh did they smell and when we went to bed her stomach would not stop making noises and farts were a constant, you could hear it from across the room. I called our local vet at 4:30am!! Dont think she likes me lol. at first she told me puppies get diahorrea its normal, but I've had pups before and this was dif to anything I've seen or heard. I mentioned that she hadnt had her 12wk vaccinations yet and the vet got stroppy for her being brought outside, but I dont think she understood me, i think the vet was under impression Molly hadnt had her 6-9wk shots done. Vet told me to relax and bring vet in morning if I was worried.
Everyone here seems so knowledgeable of the breed, well because it is in fact AHUSKYTHING lol, so sorry for the long message, but any help would be appreciated, when i bring her out, its out the front as we have no back garden, i walk Molly on the pavement in our apartment complex and she "relieves" in the grass and I bring her in. Am quite scared of bringing her out, because of the vet but I genuinely believe the vet misunderstood me and Molly is in flying form this morning like it never happened? Really grateful for any help I can get. thanks guys from Molly and Myself (Darren not that my names important lol)
Back to top Go down
lunakildare
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Darren, congrats on the new pup, based in Kildare myself. The diarrhoea thing I was told the same thing but mine was being caused by the food the breeder was giving mine, some lazy breeders give them the same food as the mother. I was giving Luna the baxters puppy food and it was fine but the runs would come and go. I then tried the usual pedigree chum puppy dry food with the Labrador puppy and she sort of didn't like it and the poo was not great either. Last week I saw a version in dunnes stores which is pedigree chum "puppy - large dog" and it works a treat. She doesn't try to gobble it down as quick and the kibbles are darker and more substantial.

Poo is now nicely formed and not nearly as smelly.

It has to be said, husky farts can strip wallpaper.

Stick up a couple of photos too. Just send them to a hosting site and then use the Img brackets, it seems to be a tradition here.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:32 am

Welcome.

I would say you probably need to look into changing you pups food. When we got our girl (a rescue) I put her on the same food my other husky was on and she had a lot of gas and problems. I changed their food to something that agree with both and things are alot better now.

checkout http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ for food reviews.
Back to top Go down
lunakildare
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 am

ljelgin wrote:
Welcome.

I would say you probably need to look into changing you pups food. When we got our girl (a rescue) I put her on the same food my other husky was on and she had a lot of gas and problems. I changed their food to something that agree with both and things are alot better now.

Eeewwwwww.

Wish I hadn't read that. Lol. Might have to stop snacking on kibbles
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 am

lunakildare wrote:
ljelgin wrote:
Welcome.

Eeewwwwww.

Wish I hadn't read that. Lol. Might have to stop snacking on kibbles

Doesn't go that well with Guinness anyway lol!

Seriously though bad gas and diarrhea are usually a sign of too much grain in the food. huskies do have some sensitive stomachs.

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 am

Oh the gas! Boy we Know that, it could be the adjustment but maybe check into the foods that are available in your area that have a lower grain content.

What part in Dublin are you in? Chris and I went 2 times to Dublin and stayed in Ballsbridge. we loved it there. We made day trips out to the countryside and once to the Cliffs of Moher, fantastic vacations both times!

Welcome again! please post pics

Kelly

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it. Molly made the problem very obvious right before i went to work.walked in front of me and pooped WORMS. Rushed her to the vet with a sample and got her a full work up and de-wormed (also pixked up sone de-wormers for myself, got a little freaked). The breeder told me she waa de-wormed and i assumed it was the same time she got vaccinated i was wrong obviously. Dnt know who to be more annoyed at, the breeder for not being clear with when Molly was wormed or myself for just assuming the was responsible enough to give me molly without telling me that a de-worming was needed
Oh and pics will be up very soon maybe 2mro. If i get home from work tonight and the first thing i do is take pics my gf just might kill.me lol.
Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Molly-Darren
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Good to know you enjoyed Dublin. Ballsbridge is South Dublin, i live North Dublin. Worlds apart trust me!lol! Dublin and Ireland as a whole are great places to come and discover. Planning on movin out of Dublin in Summer tho. I think my she-wolf would appreciate being a little bit outside the city as she gets bigger
thanks
Back to top Go down
lunakildare
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm

City life can be tough on dogs. Hard to find good places to walk unless you are in Fingal or the older parts like dublin 3 or 5.
Back to top Go down
Molly-Darren
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

There are some things u can do to help the dog adjust to city life, we live right beside this huge winding and straight streatch of road, goes on for about 10k at least very popular with people walking and running with dogs, also a couple of dog parks not far away. She'll be happy enougj but would still rather a bit of a country life for her. More space and quiet too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Dublin!!   Greetings from Dublin!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Dublin!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1