It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Empty
PostSubject: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 pm

So, I had posted a thread in the rescue section for a Siberian Husky that the North Carolina GSD Rescue was trying to adopt out with no luck.

Well I had a heavy heart when it came to this husky (Skyler) because I just had a feeling that she wasn't going to find a home. My parents had adopted a GSD from them so I knew that living in Kentucky I wouldn't have a chance of getting her because they ONLY adopt out of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. I tried contacting local husky rescues in the area trying to find this girl a home, with no luck. Well it just so happens that my parents attended the annual GSD Rescue Picnic this year and Skylers foster mom brought her along.

I guess my Mom was able to talk to the lady that had her, being as they knew each other well from moms previous adoption and Skylers foster mom agreed that if I thought it was a good fit for Skyler that she would make it happen since my husband and I have husky experiance. She knew that Skyler would need someone that knew about huskies because of how is she. With that being said, Skyler is ours.

We are going to pick her up from North Carolina this weekend, and bringing her home to our house in Kentucky. My husband and I are EXCITED to say the least. From what we know Skyler is about 8-9 months old, which is about all we know. So she is about the same age as Kota.

I'll post some pictures this evening when I get home, since my computer at work will not let me save email files to it. She sure is a pretty girl though.

Last edited by KotaBear on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:54 pm

good luck with the drive to go get her! cant wait to hear how it all goes!

Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 pm

I bet Kota will be happy Very Happy Can't wait to see pics!
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Congrat, we planning on getting a brother/sister for Luna in the near future. I hope to follow your story and learn from it.

Post lots of pictures lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Congrats on he new pup.. I be Kota will be happy..
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks all. Its supposed to snow fairly bad in the mountains that we are going to be traveling thourgh night/tomorrow but we are hoping its not like they have expected because that may throw a wrench into our plans. We are very excited, since we wanted a rescue all along but somehow ended up with a puppy... Smile
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Kota Gets A Sister :Upsated With Pics:   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 pm

These are 2 pictures of Skyler when she first came to the rescue.
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister S1707a10
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister S1707a11

These are a couple pictures that Jen (Foster Mom) sent of her recently.
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Skylar10
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Skylar11
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Woo shes gorgeous, congrats! Bet Koda will be ecstatic to have a playmate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 pm

I hope so. We are super excited that everything worked out for not only us but Skyler. I know she will be much happier, or at least I hope. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 pm

Trust me, she will! You guys have plenty of love to give. And I hope to see you two at the next Ohio meet! We're thinking Caesar's creek park sometime in December so I'll post back in a couple weeks to set an actual date ^-^ Hope all goes smoothly <3
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 am

wow she is so beautiful! can't believe it was so hard to find that girl a home? guess it was meant to be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 am

Great looking black and white.

That GSD looked like the grandpappy of all GSDs.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Great looking black and white.

That GSD looked like the grandpappy of all GSDs.

Lol the pet sitter I take Cloud and Yuki to was watching this giant 8 year old GSD last time I took them there, he looked like an ancestor. He was beautiful though <3
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm

I know. We had a 14 year old GSD that was about 130 lbs and he looked like an old grandpa. We just lost time a few months back.

An I was surprised that no one took her too. From what I know about her, she is going to a real joy. Guess she was just meant to come home with my husband and I, and I must say I am not sad about that. Lol
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:31 pm

She's beautiful! Thanks for rescuing her! I'm shocked it was so hard to find her a home. Like you said meant to be!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

So everything went good this weekend, and Skyler is finally home with us. I was finally able to get some good pictures of her too. Smile

:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Photo_10
Skyler and my Husband
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Photo_11
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Photo_12
Me & Skyler
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Photo_13
My husband, Skyler, & Kota
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Photo_14
Long Car Ride Home.
:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Photo_15
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 am

She is a cute. Glad they are getting along.. A word of advice there could be some issues in the next few months. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

They look so good together!
Good luck, it will take a while for everything to settle in but it will be worth it!

Kelly
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks!! We really adore her.

I figured that her and Kota will start butting heads sooner than later. We had a little issue last night over some toys/bones because Kota wants EVERYTHING but only so Skyler cannot have it, and Skyler doesn't put up with crap it seems. lol!

We did have a small issue while at my parents house yesterday before we left though. My parents have a 8' high fence around there house, which is about an acre of fenced in yard, and Skyler and Kota had been running the yard like maniacs doing fine, but yesterday I let them out for literally 3 minutes before going out to watch them, and in the 3 minutes they were gone. Needless to say my husband, dad, mom, and I spend about 2 hours searching the woods for our girls, who eventually just came back on they're own. I figured that had to be a good sign on Skylers part that as scared as she has been that she trusted me enough to actually come back. It also made me realize just how slick she really is, and that Kota would probably follow her just about anywhere!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Glad you got them back after the woods adventure! And she looks happy to be in your home. They will settle in soon enought. Thanks for adopting her!

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Congrats on the rescue! She looks gorgeous. How scary! I'm glad they came back. I can't believe the snuck out of an 8' tall fence. lol

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 pm

We are not sure how they got out, because the top of the fence is barbed wire. (My parents live in a house that part of the historic registry so they have to have it.) Regardless we are glad they are back, and now all settled in at our home.

Skyler is very skittish and and very hand shy but she is warming up to us.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Congrats! She is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Skyler Update   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Since bringing her home, things are really looking up. Skyler seems to be adjusting nicely and getting along with Kota as well. She is finally eating/drinking normally and starting to trust us enough to actually let us approach her. Her foster mom said this was a good sign since it was a good week or two before she acted this way with her. Maybe the fact that we have Kota here, who is completely happy, is making the adjustment all the more easier.

We adore her though, and are looking forward to many many days ahead with her.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Glad to hear that Skyler is settling in well! Keep us updated (and post more pics Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister   :Updated: Kota Gets A Sister Empty

Back to top Go down

:Updated: Kota Gets A Sister

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next