It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I Just Need To Rant!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

I Just Need To Rant!! Empty
PostSubject: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 pm

So, I open up my Facebook this evening and see that my husbands best friend and his wife just got a new Weiner Dog and is asking her Facebook friends on training and breed advise. Of course I call my husband in a panic because the people giving her training advise are going to be the reason this poor puppy ends up in a shelter. For instance, use puppy pads and when he pee/poops in the floor stick his nose in it then put it on the puppy pad. Of course she already has the dog knowing nothing about the breed and its just a mess. In my husbands eyes this guy and girl can do no wrong and that I'm just being a bi*** and need to chill out, but that's hard when you volunteer at the shelter and see tons of dogs/cat killed because of these exact reasons!!

Then I scroll down and see another friend with a picture of her and a beautiful red husky. Of course I asked "Awe is that a husky" and her reply was "it's actually a miniature husky" and of course I rolled my eyes. I then asked her what she meant by "miniature" already knowing the answer which she confirmed by telling me a Husky/Pom mix and I slightly puked in my mouth! I just hate people some days.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Some people are just too ignorant, and don't care. It's so easy to do research on the internet, and find out just about everything there is to know. It's always a wise idea to research the breed before getting one too. Some people will just never learn, and unfortunately the animal pays the price for it.
Husky/pom mix, can't say I blame you on that one. People must be thinking, oh they'll be so cute, lets breed them! Stupid.
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 am

I agree. I haven't talked to my husbands friend nor his wife since the few facebook messages we sent back and forth over their new puppy. Don't get me wrong I am more than happy for them but the fact that they already have had one down that was an "outside" dog and gave it away and now they have another one. One that is too small to be an "outsid" dog, and one that I can bet is going to be much more work then the first one. It just seems ridiculous, and I cannot imagine how anyone could get rid of a dog after having it for several years.

As far as the pom/husky thing goes... it just drive me crazy how dumb people are!
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am

I could never get rid of a dog. My mutt Roxzanna that I had to put down last year was a terror. She always chewed on stuff, no matter what I did. But I stuck with her until the very end. She wasn't that great with kids either, but I dealt with it. I made things work, and never thought about getting rid of her. Once I get an animal I am in it for life. No way could they just be an outside dog either. I don't see the point in having a dog if the poor thing is outside all the time with barely any human interaction.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm

I am going to highjack your rant for a moment. I am so sick of hearing about the wolves in Wisconsin need to be thinned out. They introduced them here to try and build them back up and now because they are taking down deer and farm animals lets kill them. WTF make up your minds. They dont eat grass what did they expect them to eat. And of ourse I work at Cabela's so everyone that hunts wants to kill anything. My concern is how many dogs are lost out there and how many will be shot becasue some hunters shoot first and look later. I am not a vegetarian so I understand the hunt for food, but they arent even eating the meat. Its just a sport to kill something as a trophy. They have introduced Elk back into our state and they can't be hunted but yet the Indians got to sacrifice one for their prayer service. What has this world come to?

Ok so sorry for the highjack, but people just annoy the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 am

I know. Having an outside down in my opinion defeats the purpose of even having one. I got mine for companions and thats what they are. They eat with us, sleep with us, do just about everything with us. Granted they would probably like to be outside dogs since they love being outside but I just think its cruel. They certain people I mentioned didn't do anything with their first dog but feed its so naturally it wasn't a well behaved dog. It lived in a small non-fenced yard on a small chain every day of its life. I mean what can be more of a handful then 2 9 month old huskies? We get through it, and I wouldn't change it for the entire world!

Ugh. I can see why you would be annoyed with that! I agree completely. I have hunted my entire life with my father, and now by myself but I have never once, nor will I ever shoot something that I don't intend to eat. Its just wrong. Also, what did they expect WOLVES to do? They're not like deer/elk that mean grass and things of that nature... I have to agree though, I can't imagine how many dogs, will be killed because of the exact reason you mentioned. 2 weekends ago when we got our foster, her and our current husky got out of my parents fence, and my parents live in the middle of game lands so I was scared out of my mind. Typically Kota will wear her Blaze Orange but neither her or Skyler had any on when they got out. Luck for us it was Sunday and you cannot hunt in NC on Sundays but that doesn't mean that people don't.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Not every outside dog is mistreated. If taken care of properly it is not "cruel". Even an outside dog can be a great companion.
I have one neighbor a few houses down who has a black lab and a chocolate lab. The black lab loves to be outside so that's where he is all day. He has an elevated dog bed and a doghouse outside. He only goes in at nighttime.
One of my friends and co-workers had a white german shepherd that lived outside. Let me tell you, that was the most loved and spoiled dog! He was also a great guard dog. When someone was home, he went inside. When it was too hot or too cold or storming out, he went inside. He was fed outside and slept outside. He had a custom built doghouse that was carpeted and shingled. My friend even ran electricity to it and put in a 300 watt bulb to provide enough warmth so water didn't freeze. The doghouse was huge, probably three feet long and at least six feet wide, maybe seven. It was high enough where you didn't have to bend over too much to get in there. During winter, the dog didn't sleep in the doghouse as much as you would think. Instead, he liked sleeping on the snow!
Personally, I would not have an outside dog, but that's mainly because I don't trust anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Just Need To Rant!!   I Just Need To Rant!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I Just Need To Rant!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1