It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Daisy only sleeps next to me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vue_yee
Puppy
Puppy
vue_yee

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Daisy only sleeps next to me Empty
PostSubject: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:09 am

When it's time for bed Daisy will only sleep next to me. She will cuddle right next to me and sometimes even sleep right on top of me. My boyfriend is jealous, lol, and I was just wondering why she doesn't like cuddling next to him. We have even tried switching places but she will still move to my side and cuddle with me.

I also work 3rd shift so I hardly get to sleep with them during the night. Daisy will sleep with my boyfriend when I am not there but he says she doesn't cuddle next to him, she leaves space or she sleeps in her crate. When I come home from work and get in the bed, she'll move onto the bed and cuddle with me right away. It's soo cute and I love cuddling with her! Just wondering why she only cuddles with me and not my boyfriend.

Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 am

i believe it's because a dog really imprints to one human. It really is a bond that goes back forever. Keeonah loves everyone, but she only takes commands from me, will come lay next to me if i'm in another room, cuddles me at night. Just the way it is. Smile
Back to top Go down
vue_yee
Puppy
Puppy
vue_yee

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:30 am

I am the one who trained Daisy all the simple commands and at first she would only listen to me but after a while she did listen more to my boyfriend and everyone else. My boyfriend plays with her more than I do. He will play wrestler and run with her while I sit back and call her to come back.

I was thinking maybe my boyfriend is more of a Friend to her than the pack leader.

So, just wondering, can there only be ONE pack leader?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:07 am

Who feeds her? Huskies are notorious for loyalty to who ever fed them LAST. Laughing

Biko, is my left side just about all the time. I leave the room for even less then a minute and he'll be looking for me. Dogs do have a tendency to favor one person, while still loving everyone else a bit less.
Back to top Go down
vue_yee
Puppy
Puppy
vue_yee

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:03 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Who feeds her? Huskies are notorious for loyalty to who ever fed them LAST. Laughing

Biko, is my left side just about all the time. I leave the room for even less then a minute and he'll be looking for me. Dogs do have a tendency to favor one person, while still loving everyone else a bit less.

We both feed her but actually my boyfriend feeds her more than I do because before I get home from work, my boyfriend is awake to get ready for class so he feeds her before he goes. While I'm sleeping during the day when he comes home and feeds her again. We feed her twice a day at 7am and 5pm. I also tend to forget to feed her because I am not use to feeding her, lol. When I remember I am usually an hour or so late OR my boyfriend has already fed her.
Back to top Go down
vue_yee
Puppy
Puppy
vue_yee

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

I do train her more so I give her more treats then he does.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 am

My sibe does everything with me, not so much my husband. I think it really depends on the dog though. All 3 of my dogs are exclusively fed, trained, and walked by me. My sibe is like my shadow, he is with me all the time, follows me wherever I go and only sleeps with me or on my side of the bed. One of my chi girls is loyal to no one, only her tummy and so long as you don't have food she wants nothing to do with you. My other chi girl is very needy and she will cuddle up to whoever will give her the time of day...well, only me or my hubby since she has a fear of strangers but she started out favoring me only and over time she opened up and cuddles with either of us.

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 am

I think it's possible that she has assigned particular "jobs" to each of you. Since we have older children (ages 16 and 11), Sabaka has "jobs" he expects from each of us. For instance, when my 11-yr old tries to play soccer with him, Sabaka basically just sits and stares at him. My 16-yr old and I are his preferred soccer players (unless he's really bored). My husband and sometimes the 11-yr old are the wrestlers. Never me! We all feed him and all train him. He will listen to all of us equally well. He likes being near the 16-year old because he is always trying to either rub Wesley's smell onto himself or to rub dog smell onto Wesley... we are not sure which. (Disclaimer: Wesley does not often smell bad!) Sabaka's not much of a snuggler, but I think he would choose one of the kids over Bob or I. Who knows why? Maybe they are on the floor with him more... Sabaka is not a fan of being on our bed, even though he is allowed there.
So, to sum it up, here at our house Sabaka chooses to "befriend" the person that he is most likely able to get what he wants from at that moment! It's all about him Smile ... Spoiled dog...
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

The advice here seems to be spot on. Thane only listens to me because I do almost everything with him. He seems really attached to me in the sense that wherever I go he checks in and/or follows me. He only seems to like to play games with me like chasing each other in the backyard or wrestle. Its kind of cool :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daisy only sleeps next to me   Daisy only sleeps next to me Empty

Back to top Go down

Daisy only sleeps next to me

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1