It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth Empty
PostSubject: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 am

Does anyone else have a husky with a tooth that just never came up? I kept seeing this empty space in Balon's gum and today I finally had help to open his mouth and look. His right side is fine, his left bottom side is missing the fourth one back from the canine (counting the canine) The gum is not swollen or sore, just smooth. I had not heard of this but he is definitely missing a tooth? Anyone.....
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm not sure. I've only heard of teeth 'rotting' out.

I'll give you a bump incase someone else might know. Smile
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Just my personal experience, but the dog I grew up with had a tooth that never came in. Our vet determined there was nothing wrong and the tooth was there, it just never came in. She said its just like people. Sometimes a tooth just doesn't come in.

That may or may not be what others have to say, but that's been my experience.

Also, it may or may not come in later. I've heard of some dogs taking longer for all of the teeth to come in.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:41 pm

He's only 9 months old? He may not have grown all of his teeth in yet. Typically teeth don't 'rot' out, but can be broken out
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 pm

If he's 9 months, the tooth most likely won't come in. He'll do just fine without it though Smile Kind of unusual for a larger breed dog to not have one come in, but not totally uncommon; mostly see it in smaller or toy breed dogs. He had a puppy tooth there right?
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Yes Brooke he definitely had all the baby teeth. I am taking him on Friday to see my friend who is a vet tech at my vets office. She said sometimes they just don't space properly and she will count his teeth, (I tried but he isn't very cooperative lol) She said sometimes we think there is one missing but it just may be the way they came in. And she said if it is missing its really no big deal, she said they see it all the time, even in the medium and large breeds (just like you said). But since I can't get him to chill enough to count them, I'll let her do that Very Happy

I know he did not break it out I would have seen that. And besides there is no hole in the gum, no bump nothing!

I will let you all know if it really is missing.... Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes please keep us updated! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Well I was correct Balon is missing a premolar on the bottom of one side. The vet saw no reason to put him through an xray because the gum looks great, there is just a space where the tooth should've been. She said unless it becomes irritated looking or swollen we'll just leave it alone. She said it is not uncommon for dogs to be missing teeth or even have too many teeth, and she said there is nothing to worry about he won't miss it lol.

Ahh Balon first the peeing issues and now your missing a tooth, what am I do do with you lol, love you so much Bay Bay missing tooth and all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth   adult - Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth Empty

Back to top Go down

Just noticed Balon is missing an Adult tooth

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-