It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hi from Seattle!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:43 am

Hi everyone! I'm a soon-to-be husky mom, I'm getting my baby in December. She's black and white, and I'll be seeing her for the first time this weekend (and making a 12 hour round trip to do so @_@ ). I have yet to decide on a name..I think the name Kora/Korra is pretty darn cute, but I'm waiting to meet her! I've been addicted to this forum these last few weeks, and reading up on everything I can Smile Everyone has been really helpful.
So, without further ado..!
Hi from Seattle! Oj7P8
(She has red eye..it makes her look a little angry..but cute angry!)
The breeder thinks she will be bi-eyed (blue in her right eye and brown in her left?) so we will see, but who cares, really? Look at that face!

Also, my Haley, who passed this summer at 12 years:
Hi from Seattle! N9x6Nl
She's not a husky, I know, but shes my precious little rescue baby so I just wanted to share!!

If anyone lives in the area, I'd love to get together this winter for a playdate! Nice to meet you all formally!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am

Awh she does look like Yuki. How old is she in that pic? I'll post Yuki's pic at that age, maybe we'll see a better resemblance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 am

Hey across state neighbor! We're here in the Spokane area Smile Nice looking pup, where is she coming from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 am

Welcome! Cute puppy.I love you
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am

Ah imma fall asleep XD Here's Yuki at that age (ish)
Three weeks:
Hi from Seattle! Scfe51

Last edited by Mobezilla on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 am

Mobezilla wrote:
Awh she does look like Yuki. How old is she in that pic? I'll post Yuki's pic at that age, maybe we'll see a better resemblance Very Happy

Exactly 23 days old Smile I wonder if she will turn lighter as she gets older too, her parents are all white and red and white

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Hey across state neighbor! We're here in the Spokane area Smile Nice looking pup, where is she coming from?
Hey neighbor! Shes from Yuki Ookami show kennel. I went to a dog show a while back, talked to all the breeders and met all sorts of dogs, but I fell in love with her dogs, and she was super friendly. I get bi-weekly updates and...VIDEOS! It helps with my puppysickness. Or maybe it makes it worse..I'm not sure, but I love it anyways, lol.
I don't want to post a video, because I want to respect the privacy of the breeder's family and puppies, but just trust me when I say they are very cute! She's very cautious about protecting the puppies, I really respect her for that Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 am

oh goodness...I can't take it, she's too cute..
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 am

Ah yep, Yuki and her look a lot alike! Here are the two other three week pics:
Hi from Seattle! 15q5jsjHi from Seattle! 21b3fjl

Its gonna be a long wait but totally worth it Very Happy Checking out their kennels now.. they've got 'Yuki' in it how can I not be interested?
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:36 am

Dot wrote:
Exactly 23 days old Smile I wonder if she will turn lighter as she gets older too, her parents are all white and red and white

Maya's (the middle red husky in my sig pic) parents were both black and white. She was the only red in the bunch and she was the last one left at 4 months Sad
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Maya's (the middle red husky in my sig pic) parents were both black and white. She was the only red in the bunch and she was the last one left at 4 months Sad
Husky coats are so fascinating! I'm suprised no one took her..she's really pretty. But it all worked out!

Mobezilla wrote:
Ah yep, Yuki and her look a lot alike!
They really do! that's why I noticed Yuki right away on the forum. My friends have probably pegged me as a crazy dog lady at this point. They've got that about right, too. I show them all my updates, and was freaking out when I saw the Daily Puppy.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Hey neighbor! Shes from Yuki Ookami show kennel. I went to a dog show a while back, talked to all the breeders and met all sorts of dogs, but I fell in love with her dogs, and she was super friendly. I get bi-weekly updates and...VIDEOS! It helps with my puppysickness. Or maybe it makes it worse..I'm not sure, but I love it anyways, lol.
I don't want to post a video, because I want to respect the privacy of the breeder's family and puppies, but just trust me when I say they are very cute! She's very cautious about protecting the puppies, I really respect her for that Smile[/quote]

Oh I know them! They are super nice people and have taken all of the advise they were given to strengthen their breeding and showing program to heart. I was with my friend when she delivered Kendle to them, Kendle used to belong to my breeder but she wanted to help them out with a nice foundation girl. She also occasionally shows Lil for them Smile I'm glad you are having a pleasant experience with them!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 am

Haha I was surprised she made the Daily Puppy, not all dog owners love huskies Razz And yep... all my co-workers think I'm crazy because all I talk about are my dogs. Can't wait to see more pictures of your pup and enjoy precious memories with you ^-^ Now I'm gonna go to bed before I pass out, gotta work tomorrow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:57 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:

Oh I know them! They are super nice people and have taken all of the advise they were given to strengthen their breeding and showing program to heart. I was with my friend when she delivered Kendle to them, Kendle used to belong to my breeder but she wanted to help them out with a nice foundation girl. She also occasionally shows Lil for them Smile I'm glad you are having a pleasant experience with them!
Kendle is beautiful! I met Phil and Lil at the show I went to, I think it was their first show! She let me play with them.......hehe love I love you ...
It was pretty funny, my best friend and I originally wanted a brother/sister and I wanted to name them Phil and Lil Smile And then I met Phil and Lil..great minds think alike? Lol.

Mobezilla wrote:
Haha I was surprised she made the Daily Puppy, not all dog owners love huskies Razz And yep... all my co-workers think I'm crazy because all I talk about are my dogs. Can't wait to see more pictures of your pup and enjoy precious memories with you ^-^ Now I'm gonna go to bed before I pass out, gotta work tomorrow! Very Happy
Thanks! Goodnight^^
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 am

Who is your puppy out of? I haven't talked with them since the Yakima show in early June-
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 am

She's Ponyo's and Rynkar's.
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Dot, that is such a cute puppy!! I'm so excited to see her grow! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks! I'm excited to see Nanuq grow too! You have to update us as soon as you get that little one home!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Well hello neighbor!!! I'm about two hours north of you in the great state of WA! Can't wait to watch your puppy grow. I'm pretty sure the pictures and videos just make you want her more. That's what they did for me. I would love to set up a puppy play date once your girl is old enough! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm

cinnamonbits wrote:
I'm pretty sure the pictures and videos just make you want her more. That's what they did for me.

Totally true!!! It was like a reminder that you were getting closer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Seattle! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Seattle!   Hi from Seattle! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Seattle!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1