It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? Empty
PostSubject: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Although only 7 months, most other dogs actually submit to saya at the dog park they all lay down and get on their stomach when playing, saya is always driving other dogs nuts. I was wondering is it a husky thing? Do other dogs usually submit to them while playing at the dog park?
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm

I think this would depend more on the personality of the dog, not necessarily because Saya is a husky. Tika is super submissive and lets other bully her all the time, its just her personality. I have seen a 5 pound yorky make Tika submit.
Ripley is much more dominant in general and it has caused problems when other dogs at the park are as well, because she doesnt like other dogs dominating her in the least bit and gets pissed off.
I have only seen one other dog put her in her place and it was a husky/mal cross.

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Yuki only submits to dogs when she thinks shes gonna lose, as far as I can tell. At home, neither Cloud nor Yuki submit to each other, its an ongoing battle. I think Cloud still thinks he has a fighting chance... Razz But at the dog park Yuki so far has dominated a corgi, toy poodle, and has only been dominated by some hound mix that weighed about 10 pounds more than her XD Its gonna be fun when shes big Rolling Eyes

Edit: @MayaAndSophie oh my gawd can you imagine Yuki when shes grown and Maya both at the dog park?

Last edited by Mobezilla on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Blaze is really submissive with most dogs he just doesn't have to be th dominate one. I agree it does depend on the dog personality.

Now Kerian wants to dominate and be the incharge dog most of the time.

Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Haha saya is always on the other dogs case for some reason. haha even on bigger dogs case this spoiled diva lol!
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Stig and zero share this so far.
Zero and Stig play rough... but they play.
at the park Stig likes to try and dominate the biggest dog there, so far has tried with a Newfoundland dog and a Golden Retriever. Never works out to well, but he tries.

Zero on the other hand only bothers with trying to dominate the inlaws English Bulldog... and well from time to time Stig.

may sound like a silly question? but does anyone else have a dog which tries to bring down bigger dogs and control them by their collar? Zero learned young that 30 lbs is no match for a 60lbs English Bulldog.. so she started grabbing her collar, and leading the bulldog around, tossing him a bit etc... When Stig was a small pup he leanred this same technique from master Zero... now Stig is twice the size of zero, and is still using this same technique, which kind of worries me as once full grown, that could cause series damage to other dogs I figures... but Zero still manages to get the upper hand in a battle between our two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Maya does ALL the time at the dog park. It's usually only to really submissive and scared dogs, she'll pin them and bully them. Sophie only does if she's with maya. I haven't taken Kay enough to really tell. I stopped taking maya for a while because I kept getting stressed out by all the owners freaking out. Maya will also pin small dogs so I HATE it when people bring small dogs to the big side. She'll also get into fights with dogs that challenge her.
Maya has never been pinned, not even when she was a puppy. GSDs are her favorite to dominate and play with.

@Mobezilla we'll clear all the wimpy dogs out of the park. The small dogs can just go to the small side where they belong.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:12 pm

@Abby well we were saying that we wanted a big side only for huskies Razz Our dream will come true!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Bode has never been very dominant to other dogs at the park, but he also isn't submissive. If he isn't on the same level as the other dog, he doesn't want to play. He will play really hard though!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm

@Megan I hope it does come true. If it doesn't maya will just have to stop being a brat and play nice. But we know that will never happen. Rolling Eyes

I'm pretty sure Kay will dominate others at the dog park. She tries to dominate Maya and Sophie here so I'm sure she will there too. She just needs to come out of her shell a little more.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Haha mischievous huskies
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Rogue doesn't submit or dominant, she just hangs. Koda is pretty inbetween too- he DOES hump sometimes, but he learned that from the doggy daycare I worked at and has no idea what humping even means... just that dogs do it. When we're over at Claudia's, it's so dumb because Storm and Koda take turns and then occasionally try to get poor little Ro, lmao.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Anubis is a dominant dog, bu the never was in an aggressive way, it is like while playing hey pssst by the way I´m the chief ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm

For a smaller husky, Bodhi has no fear. They are happy when he shows up at doggy daycare, because he institutes games of chase. They say that he has all the other dogs running laps. When I come to pick him up, I usually find him wrestling with the biggest dog there. It seems like GSD's match his desire to wrestle.

I don't think he's trying to dominate; he just wants to play. He's the best socialized dog I've ever had. My first husky was very dominating, and my second was stand-offish.

At home on our road, his "girlfriend" is an Australian shepherd that is smaller than he is. They chase and wrestle in the same way he does at daycare.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 pm

Anna is very submissive as well. I figured she would try to dominant other dogs but she tends to fall on the ground and play dead for other dogs. No matter the size of the dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?   Does your husky dominate others at the dog park? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your husky dominate others at the dog park?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1