It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Some People...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Some People...   Some People... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:34 pm

...are inconsiderate jerks. On one of our routes I always see this loose yellow lab thing wandering around a park at about 6:30am. The owners just let him out to use the park as his private 10 acre yard!!! Naturally I try to avoid my dogs seeing that dog and that includes avoiding said park around the aforementioned time. Right about 6:05am this morning we cut through a path and into this park where Bubba and Sioux have a super duper favorite bush to whiz on. I'm standing there in pitch black morning light waiting for them to finish up, when the sliding back door of the house adjacent to the path opens up and out comes yellow lab thing charging and snarling at us. Jumping straight into action like Tim McCarthy outside the Washington Hilton, Coco intercepted and dealt with the threat instantaneously and how. Yellow lab thing retreated hunched over and pissing himself as he made it back to his porch. Guy standing in window didn't seem to care at all. He just went back to putting his lunch together.

Some People... DogJerks

I hate that crap more than anything when walking. Coco only gets reinforcement of her bitchy assaulting behavior when the loose dog books it. This also slows down her progress in dealing with nearby dogs ON leash. People, pfft.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 2:32 pm

so I take it the guy does not have a fence or leaves the gate open? I hate all the broken glass I need to avoid on our sidewalks and end up in the street or grass. I also hate all the poop that is piling up on the one side of the walk it is so gross I can't stand it I want to put signs up. people piss me off! we had a loss dog show up at our door sun morning. small curly long hair hyper thing no collar! called animal control and they would be there in a few hrs! so I said forget it left food and water for it and they waited 30 or so min though it left we took the dogs out for a walk and the thing comes running up to Sierra and she grabs it on its neck and I felt so bad but had to kick her to get her to let go of the dog! only having 1 good arm that is the only thing I could do, ken got up to me took her leash and I played keep a way with the dog and our dogs. i now think it might belong to our neighbors across the street as last night walking the dogs i now hear 2 dogs behind the fence!

The Gentleman

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Sierra did that?

This dog's yard has no fence. The bush acts as a border for their yard. Yellow lab thing just walks through a gap in the bushes and hangs out in the park until they call him back. I'm really thinking about going over there by myself one morning and turning him in to animal control.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:25 pm

harrise wrote:
Sierra did that?

This dog's yard has no fence. The bush acts as a border for their yard. Yellow lab thing just walks through a gap in the bushes and hangs out in the park until they call him back. I'm really thinking about going over there by myself one morning and turning him in to animal control.

Yes Sierra can not be trusted with small dogs, she gets aggressive with them. she seems fine with husky puppies though (if fine means trying to pick them up on their scruff and walk off with them).

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 pm

so do you all remember the stray I was talking about last Monday? well turns out it is the neighbors across the street. dang thing showed up again yesterday morning and Jack went crazy and started digging under the fence after the stupid thing then we were doing yard work and it came over and was bugging us dang thing even nipped/licked me when I was pulling weeds. I walked across the street banged on the door, no one answered so I put the dog in the back yard hoping it belonged to them, later on they came home and out came the dog again to our yard. I marched over them to give them a piece of my mind.i told them my dogs were trying to dig out of our fence after their dog and if they got out I was not sure what would happen to their dog and then I told them it showed up at our house last week and that I almost called animal control on the dog cause it had no collar. I told them to please keep it leased or in the back yard. the wife just held the dog and looked at me all dumb and the husband just shook his head and did not say much, not sure if they speak English or not. if it happens again might have my other neighbor go talk to them in Spanish or I will call our HOA about it. the little shit even shit by the gate!

The Gentleman

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Sorry to be a downer on my own thread, but I would take the dog to at least Co. Spgs. and have THAT shelter contact the owners that their dog is 50 miles away.

harrise wrote:
Some people...
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 pm

jbealer wrote:
the little shit even shit by the gate!

lol! Jenn, I love seeing you all fired up!

Some People... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some People... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People...   Some People... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some People...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1