It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:03 am

SHe probably will be okay with the crate.. We have small crates than that for my two huskies.. Kerian has a 32" one and Blaze has a 36" one.. I keep one up all the time with a piece of wood on top and fabric table skirt over it.. they only use is some of the time.. My two eat in the kitchen most of the time sometimes they ask to eat in the crate usually only one. when we got out we don't really crate them if we are gone for only a couple hours if it is longer we will crate them.

They sleep in the bedroom on their beds. I got Kerian 6 months ago she was about 2 years at the time she came from a shelter was found running in a wild life refuge.

Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:06 am

I think it would be fine in the living room. We live in an apartment a little bigger than your house and we keep Anna's crate in the living room beside the futon. It looks like you will still have space in front of the couch to play. Don't worry we don't have tons of room either. But I wouldn't stop feeding her in her crate and I'd leave it in the living room. It looks completely fine there from what i can see. I have never had a rescue but I would assume you would want to keep as much routine as possible at least in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 am

I think the crate is fine in the living room too! I wouldn't stop feeding her in crate either. At least not at first. Our house is SMALL and we have THREE! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 am

What is hog wire? I might put some up for my pup
Back to top Go down
lovecheese45
Puppy
Puppy
lovecheese45

Female Join date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:40 am

I haven't made it to lowes yet to look at hog wire. But she told me to make it in the shape of an "L" outside the fence and under the fence about a foot to keep Juno from digging the fence.

huge update though. Juno will be in her forever home tomorrow!!! I really never thought I'd be this excited. But she is going to be pampered!
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:27 am

Congrats!

I live in an apartment comparable to your size with no fenced yard and haven't felt that space has ever been an issue for us. I keep her crate (42") at the foot of my bed and still have comfortable room to play, tug, feed etc. I even have bulky furniture too!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:37 am

lovecheese45 wrote:
My house is small. 969 sq ft.

I wish I bought a bigger house. The military said I could afford 200K... I didn't believe them so I bought a 90K house ]

What the hell the military trying to have you go broke? You did the financially prudent by spending within your means.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Congrats on getting approved!! Smile I can't wait to see pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:56 pm

I think the wire is also called horse fencing - it can't be climbed. Good luck, and thank you for rescuing! Smile

You can also trench down about 1 inch below the fence, put the l shaped wire in it, and then 1/2" fill with quikcrete to stop digging and then fill the other half with dirt and grass seed. Looks nice but is husky proof! Smile Our rescue recommends that type of fencing to reinforce existing fencing that isn't climb-proof:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202025614&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=202025614&ci_kw={keyword}&kwd={keyword}&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-202025614&ci_gpa=pla#.UMPvY3dVKgM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.   Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nervous. House being inspected for rescue husky.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2