It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

why does she keep eating it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

why does she keep eating it! Empty
PostSubject: why does she keep eating it!   why does she keep eating it! EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:26 pm

So I think this really started maybe in Oct when I was sick and kept a box of tissues on my night stand. But for some reason Sierra decided to eat a tissue and that is all it took. now she eats them whenever she gets a hold of one, used or not! it has also spread to paper towels. I don't think she is going to get sick from eating them as they always pass in her poo, but what drives her to eat them? they taste like nothing. besides her tissue eating habit she eats anything hanging off a stuffed soft toys, legs, tails, tentacles, you name it if we don't keep an eye on her its gone and either passed or thrown up. Jack does not seem to care about any of these so called tasty treats. any suggestions other them keep them away from her as we all ready try that and if I blow my nose and put it on the living room table to wait for a commercial she tries to eat it! do your huskies eat odd things but you're not worried about them getting sick from it?

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: why does she keep eating it!   why does she keep eating it! EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Ours don't really eat it. They just shred until it has no form left. We give them the cardboard rolls from the paper towels. Never had a worry about that stuff. Colored or treated paper stuff I wouldn't let them eat.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: why does she keep eating it!   why does she keep eating it! EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah... ours don't really eat them so much as they tear and chew them. They won't really attack something unless they're bored though and certainly not right in front of us. Usually if they ingest it it's more by accident than a "oo, this is tasty" deal.

I mean... keep the stuff out of their reach if possible, but as long as she's not eating colored or treated stuff like Eddy said, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

why does she keep eating it! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: why does she keep eating it!   why does she keep eating it! EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Jax ate anything. I mean anything! He loved tissue from the trash. rocks,Q-tips, socks, legos, pencils, pens and he loved loved our protection if you get my drift :-)... which he would pop out and then my kids would see it and start giggling.. affraid

Rodney on the other hand doesn't care to eat anything. I have only caught him eating a nasty pee diaper once. Now why would he want to eat that? grosssssssss!

Niko just wants to eat people food so far.. Jax was never given table food so we are learning with these two b/c they will pull the pizza box down and eat our pizza, get in the trash and eat food.

I'm sure Niko & Rodney haven't let their true guard down yet. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why does she keep eating it!   why does she keep eating it! Empty

Back to top Go down

why does she keep eating it!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1