It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Car protection?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Female Join date : 2012-12-12

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 am

Just wondering what everyone uses in their car when they take the dog places?. Unfortunately I have leather seats so a blanket will just slip off and I need protection on the seats and all the backing to prevent her claws destroying it and having hair all over the place. Any suggestions on what works well?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 am

I use all Kurgo gear.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 am

Thanks Heather! I've been looking for a reputable car seat protector for months! A lot of them suck lol.

I will probably end up buying the bench seat protector. $40 is worth it. I love the seatbelt pocket too.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:04 am

I have no issues with their products at all! Still holding up wonderfully and I bought them September 2010.
Back to top Go down
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 am

I might just get one of the bench covers! - how do they attach to the seat?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 am

Seatguard - Canadian Tire

Father in law loves it when he watches the girls and it's only 20 bucks.... It fits pretty much all makes and models and is completely waterproof as long as it is attached correctly.

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 pm

When I have dogs in the cab of the truck we use one of the bench covers, we had to modify ours adding snaps to the cover and to the back 'wall' of the cab. The standard velcro backing on most covers works well to keep it from sliding from side to side. But now with the addition of the dog box I don't use the cover as much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

I have a dog cargo protector that I bought from PetEdge online for the back of my suv that I would also use to protect the backseat. It works great and both of our suv's have leather interior. Then one day I was walking through Walmart and saw a product in their "As Seen On TV" section called the Pet Rider for only $10. I figured for that price it couldn't hurt to give it a shot since it's made for pets, is waterproof, covers the entire backseat (even in our Pilot) and had seat belt openings which I needed for the baby's car seat. Much to my surprise the Pet Rider has been awesome and I use every time we travel with the dog in the backseat. It's super easy to install and remove, husky fur doesn't stick to it and is insanely easy to clean (I just shake it outside and done). Best $10 I ever spent.

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:42 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
I have a dog cargo protector that I bought from PetEdge online for the back of my suv that I would also use to protect the backseat. It works great and both of our suv's have leather interior. Then one day I was walking through Walmart and saw a product in their "As Seen On TV" section called the Pet Rider for only $10. I figured for that price it couldn't hurt to give it a shot since it's made for pets, is waterproof, covers the entire backseat (even in our Pilot) and had seat belt openings which I needed for the baby's car seat. Much to my surprise the Pet Rider has been awesome and I use every time we travel with the dog in the backseat. It's super easy to install and remove, husky fur doesn't stick to it and is insanely easy to clean (I just shake it outside and done). Best $10 I ever spent.

I got one of those pet rider. The problem I first had with it was the smell it was strong the pups didn't care for it and I couldn't stand it..

I ran it thru the washing machine then put it in the car and left the window park open for like 4 days and now the smell it gone.

Other than the smell it is great.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

I got it as well. It works really well for me also but the straps that wrap up on top tore on me because Lycus is such a cow and would pull them down when he stepped on it lol.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm

i have an element no worries about them trashing anything!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:46 pm

ljelgin wrote:
I got one of those pet rider. The problem I first had with it was the smell it was strong the pups didn't care for it and I couldn't stand it..

I ran it thru the washing machine then put it in the car and left the window park open for like 4 days and now the smell it gone.

Other than the smell it is great.

Interesting, mine never had hardly any smell to it even when it was brand new.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm

I use this when we have the seats up:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruising-Companion-Nylon-Hammock-Cover/dp/B000GDZ0X8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1357588190&sr=8-8&keywords=seat+protector+for+dogs

I can undo the velcro toward the back of the front seat so someone can sit in the back if needed. But i like this style so G&S don't fall off the seat onto the floor.

For the most part, my Pathfinder has turned into the husky mobile so we mainly have the seats down and lay a utility blanket down.

Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am

The best investment I ever made was the dog-mobile.
A totally dirty, stained, scratched, torn, dented beat up 1997 Honda Accord. I paid 700 bucks. I've invested 200 more now, but its excellent, great mileage, and needs no protection from dogs.
I would reccommend a dog car to anyone who can swing it. It has saved the interior of my truck(I would never use my bed.) and more importantly it saved the interior of my goofy little 1979 Plymouth Horizon.
Back to top Go down
jberry612
Newborn
Newborn
jberry612

Female Join date : 2013-01-06

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:56 am

I have a bench seat that is similar to "The Pet Rider" (as seen on TV), except it will unzip vertically so you can cover a bench seat or just a single seat. It's waterproof & has Velcro holes for seat belts so all my kids can ride in the backseat together. I absolutely love it!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:17 pm

K9_Eric wrote:
The best investment I ever made was the dog-mobile.
A totally dirty, stained, scratched, torn, dented beat up 1997 Honda Accord. I paid 700 bucks. I've invested 200 more now, but its excellent, great mileage, and needs no protection from dogs.
I would reccommend a dog car to anyone who can swing it. It has saved the interior of my truck(I would never use my bed.) and more importantly it saved the interior of my goofy little 1979 Plymouth Horizon.

Agreed- Razz My first step to my 'ultimate' dogmobile- next step is going to be a full bed conversion- This cost me $100, and the best money I ever spent.

Car protection? 399309_10151280843716590_973733698_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 pm

...Or go get a truckk that eats accords and do the full bed converion.. that would work too..
Damnit, I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks for all the input! It seems I am investing in a bench cover haha. Just sucks I have to order online and no stores actually carry any around here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car protection? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car protection?   Car protection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Car protection?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1