It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovecheese45
Puppy
Puppy
lovecheese45

Female Join date : 2012-11-26

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Empty
PostSubject: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 am

Sad thing is I bought Juno a package of these because I felt really sorry for leaving her in her crate twice in one day. After she ate one, she refused to come inside, slept outside all night (which I thought was cool)... She literally refused her morning walk (even with leash in my hand) and went in her crate and slept all morning. Thankfully she is her normal self now!!! I will not be using this product again.

I called the 1800 number and got a refund for my product!

http://www.dogheirs.com/dogheirs/posts/2586-nestle-purina-recalls-waggin-train-and-canyon-creek-ranch-brand-dog-treat-products

http://www.waggintrainbrand.com/

St. Louis, Missouri, January 9, 2013 . . . Nestlé Purina PetCare Company and its wholly owned subsidiary Waggin' Train, LLC today announced it is voluntarily withdrawing its Waggin' Train and Canyon Creek Ranch brand dog treats sold in the United States until further notice.

The Company is taking this action after learning this week that the New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets (NYSDAM) found trace amounts of antibiotic residue in samples of Waggin' Train and Canyon Creek Ranch chicken jerky products. These antibiotics are approved for use in poultry in China and other major countries, including European Union member states, but are not among those approved in the U.S. Antibiotics are commonly used globally, including in the United States, when raising animals fit for human consumption. Waggin' Train and Canyon Creek Ranch products are safe to feed as directed. However, due to regulatory inconsistencies among countries, the presence of antibiotic residue is technically considered an adulteration in the United States. This finding does not pose a safety risk to pets.

New York State authorities initially requested that the Company remove Waggin' Train and Canyon Creek Ranch chicken jerky treats from retail locations in the state of New York, which we have agreed to do. In addition, because of the differences in U.S. and Chinese regulations, Nestlé Purina decided to conduct a nationwide voluntary withdrawal.

"All of us at Waggin' Train care deeply about pets and their owners, and the quality of our products is of the utmost importance," said Nina Leigh Krueger, President, Waggin' Train LLC. "Waggin' Train has served millions of pets and their owners very well. In the final analysis, our Company and our loyal consumers must have total confidence in the products we sell and feed our pets. Once we understand and determine how to comply with the technicalities of different regulatory frameworks, we will work with all appropriate parties to define the best way to supply the market."

Nestlé Purina contacted the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding NYSDAM's findings. There is no indication that the trace amounts of antibiotic residue are linked to the FDA's ongoing investigation of chicken jerky products. The trace amounts of antibiotic residue (in the parts-per-billion range) do not pose a health or pet safety risk.

No other Purina treats or pet food products are affected by this withdrawal. In addition, Canyon Creek Ranch dog and cat foods, which are manufactured in the United States, are not included in this withdrawal.

For product refund or more information call our Office of Consumer Affairs at 1-800-982-0704 or go to www.waggintrainbrand.com.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 am

This stuff has been causing issue for years - and I'm sure its from more than antibiotics residue. I'm glad your baby is feeling better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
lovecheese45
Puppy
Puppy
lovecheese45

Female Join date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 am

Thanks Megan! I feel kind of ashamed of myself. Like those parents who bought the toys and found out after the fact they had lead in them.

I'll stick to buying the better stuff at petsmart! I shoulda known better then buying something at Wal-Mart. A small treat turned into a potential nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 am

I've been seeing stuff about the recalls all over FB today. The Milo's Kitchen jerky is being recalled too. Took 'em long enough!! This stuff has been hurting dogs since like 2007. I remember a year or so ago that Purina faxed our vet's office a big fax on how to answer people's questions when they were asking why the Waggin' Train wasn't recalled and Purina told us to reassure clients that it was perfectly safe, had been thoroughly tested, and that they shouldn't believe everything they read online Rolling Eyes

I'm glad that Juno's feeling better though. Good thing you only gave her one piece!! For future reference, stay away from anything made in china. The companies tend to hide the "made in China" thing on the label, so sometimes you have to really look for it though.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am

This is why I have been making alot of my pups treats I make them chicken jerky.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm guessing any chicken jerky treats made in China, no matter what brand, are all suspicious and should be avoided.

Here's a 22 minute clip regarding why chicken jerky treats made in China are dangerous!

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-news/chinese-chicken-jerky-treats-video/

Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Finally!(Bad chicken treats)   Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 pm

They have finally started doing something about the chicken treats that were hurting dogs!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2013/01/10/chicken-jerky-recall.html
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 am

There is already a topic started on this. Will merge this with the existing topic. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products    Empty

Back to top Go down

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company to voluntarily withdraw Waggin' Train® and Canyon Creek Ranch® brand dog treat products

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1