It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes indeed. roadtrip from Portland Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:05 am

So Dot and Eric and anyone else interested...hike at Wallace Falls? First or second weekend in March? I took both those Saturdays off because I have worked every Saturday this month and I want a weekend!!!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 am

Oh no, that's my favorite hike in WA!! So going at the end of April.......
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:08 am

Jeff if you go let us know, Karli and I would totally be down for it!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:10 am

Consider it done. We are on I-5 now to get Link. Once I get him parvo and Lyme disease defended......
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 am

YAY!!! I'll be keeping my eye out for the much awaited puppy pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 am

Photo 1: in a cat carrier in the back of our Subaru Sad........ Smile
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 am

Oh shit, I work both those days I think...
Plus, there will probably be a ton of snow..
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:25 am

Karli has only seen snow once lol. Since she's only 6 months old we wouldn't be able to walk the whole trail (to the first waterfall) anyways, so if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open (and we can save Wallace Falls for when its warmer.)

Eric do you work Sundays too?
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 am

Lol, I have Saturdays off more than Sundays, but given 2 weeks notice, I'm allowed to request a day off.

There are cool lowland hiking areas all over. Ebey Island, Lowell Riverfront Park, Lord Hill, Meadowdale Beach Park, Hertz Trail, etc.

I'm consulting Best Hikes With Dogs: Western Washington now.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:58 am

So.. Hoow far is everyone willing to go?
My car is basically full with me and dogs and our gear.

Here's the best lowland hikes I have found, with low high points.

1. East Bank Baker Lake, Baker Lake, WA
8 to 28 miles
High Point : 1000ft
Elevation gain: 300ft

2. Boulder River, Granite Falls, WA
9 miles roundtrip
High Point : 1600ft
Elevation gain: 600ft

3. Twin Falls, Exit 34 off I90
3 miles roundtrip
High Point: 1000ft
Elevation gain: 500ft

Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 am

I'll go however far, I don't really care as long as Korra gets to play! Smile

Korra hasn't seen snow for real yet, stupid warm winter. Though since I've been commuting to school, it's kinda nice. I do wanna bring her up to play in the snow one day, I'm sure she'll have a blast.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:16 am

I live so far away from everything anyways that it doesn't bother me driving a little bit! I'm with Dot, Karli needs husky friends lol. If we go the first weekend in March, that would be great. Karli's spay is on the 5th.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:20 am

Hmm, well that is too short notice for me to take off work, is weekdays out of the question? I have ALL of next week off.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 am

I usually have Thursdays off but I'm going to Canada this week if I don't get a phone call from my recruiter.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 am

I'm always free Tuesdays, and Thursdays are good too, assuming I don't procrastinate too much (hah..) Though this Tuesday we're making our first trip to campus! In the car this time, in case it's too much we'll have a safe place. Next time we'll be there on the bus though, parking is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Just got back from our playdate with little Link. Man, Korra is out haha. I didn't get any good pictures of them playing, it was a little too dim to get any action shots, but the water bowl thing was pretty freaking adorable.

Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 Ctame8l
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 JTSTK8o
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 U0zs7ML
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 Hj0tcGr

He's such a cutie.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Melting my heart at the water bowl I love you
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Seriously! So cute!
I tried to get a shot of Link looking up, but...
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 Lv8UvLx
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 FfFaLBK
Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 FCMb0I6
I think someone was thirsty..
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 am

Awww...where did you guys go?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Just to our place and our back yard.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 pm

cinnamonbits wrote:
Awww...where did you guys go?
Yup, to Jeff's place (Thanks again for having us over!)
It's our turn now! Puppy playdate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Hey, have you guys looked to see if there is an H2M2 group up that way? If not, let me know and I can get you pointed in the right direction to start a new one.

Those pictures are absolutely adorable, btw. You guys are giving me puppy fever in a bad way Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
Hey, have you guys looked to see if there is an H2M2 group up that way? If not, let me know and I can get you pointed in the right direction to start a new one.

Those pictures are absolutely adorable, btw. You guys are giving me puppy fever in a bad way Razz

There's a few trying to start up in this area, but none have really taken flight as far as I can tell. Next Saturday I'm going to one, so I'll update with how that goes, but yes! Any tips about how to get them going would be great. I know the one up by Eric stopped trying to meet up at the park near me, I think beacuse there was no turnout..? Huh. Not sure on the details.

I HAVE a puppy and Link is giving me puppy fever, that clumsy puppy run is just...I love you
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:14 pm

It would seem that we have a large enough "community" here to have a good one. It's funny, when I see somebody with a Husky around town and I don't know them from this forum, I almost wish I had a recruitment card or some literature that says, "you know, there are resources for people like you. Gimme a call, I can help you find your way." Wink

The Pacific Northwest has got to be crawling with Huskies. I see about 4 around Seattle a lot. Now that I have Link too I'm sure we are gonna conjure up attention from Husky folks, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next