It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Joining the pack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Female Join date : 2013-01-24

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Rogue is my husky and she is 13 weeks old. My fiance and also have a 4 year old Dalmatian. I know.. 2 completely different dogs to go with our 2 different personalities. Rogue is stubborn like me and Bella is respectful and sweet like Brian. However, Bella was mine before I met Brian. I look forward to learning, talking, and enjoying pictures and stories of other husky owners. (Im going to need some advice!) Rogue isn't cooperated quiet as well as Bella did!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see pictures of Rogue and Bella! Smile
Back to top Go down
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Joining the pack! 6_weel11
Back to top Go down
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Sorry Im still trying to figure out how to upload multiple pictures!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 pm

RogueBella wrote:
(Im going to need some advice!) Rogue isn't cooperated quiet as well as Bella did!

looks like your learning all ready Wink

when people come on here going i had x dog before my husky and they were so much easier to train we say to throw out most of what you thought you knew about training and start all over again cause now you have a husky and the rules have changed Smile
glad your here and we can help you out! they look like they are getting along all ready.

Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:00 pm

They're adorable! I love the little stripe down Rogues snout. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Welcome they look cute together.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Oh goodness! You pups are beautiful. I always wanted a Dalmatian (I blame Disney lol). ♥

Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:43 pm

That picture is precious I love you welcome! There's a ton of good advice here so read up and ask lots questions! And upload more pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 pm

simplify wrote:
Oh goodness! You pups are beautiful. I always wanted a Dalmatian (I blame Disney lol). ♥

Everything in this post is spot on lol <3
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 am

Kale and I welcome you from California! Cool

Gorgeous furbabies you have!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Joining the pack! Rogue_12

They're already working together! Im so glad that they have been getting along so well because Bella has always been weird around other dogs. Never aggressive just not interested.

Any advice and what kind of collar I should put on Rogue? We have a lupine that has the choker on it, but its cloth. I also have a harness and just a regular collar. I'm trying to train Rogue separate from Bella because she isn't learning the same way Bella did and gets distracted. She is already sitting, staying, laying down but I'm not getting good results with leash training. She has been on one since the day we brought her home, but she likes the carry the leash around or tug on it even if its in my hand. I dont know how to stop it. She is doing better about biting but she still does to get my attention.

Any ideas?

Simplify- I love my Dalmatian, and I too wanted one since I was little and as soon as I moved out I found her. Rogue maybe tough to train but her bad habits are no where near Bella's. I tell everyone that if you want a dalmatian, take a year off work to work with them other than that, you will have a destructive, anxious dog. I knew what I was getting into and actually paid a training in the backwoods of North Carolina to help me and it did wonders with her. Now she is the most loving dog I've had. She actually is really smart All I ever hear is how stupid they're suppose to be. I just had to spend extra amounts of time with her and she has grown to be a great companion. Hoping the same thing turns out with Rogue! We have been planning for a dog for 6 months so we knew we would be ready, but I dont think your ever ready to take on a husky puppy! Smile
Back to top Go down
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 pm

ljelgin wrote:

Your 2 are adorable together!!! Wow. How Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm

RogueBella wrote:
ljelgin wrote:

Your 2 are adorable together!!! Wow. How Gorgeous!

Thanks they are fun.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Welcome!They are so cute together! Smile

I have 2 Dalmatians as well, they are great dogs (can't stand the 24/7 shedding though).

Last edited by Hayden_69 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:

I have 2 Dalmatians as well, they are great dogs (can't stand the 24/7 shedding though).

I know!!! I've heard that they're worse than huskies and i believe it. They shed 6 months into spring 6 months into fall. If you do that math thats year round haha!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Husky hair is NOTHING compared to Dalmatian hair! It has those barbed wires at the end that weave into fabric and you CANNOT get it out no matter how many sticky brushes you have! They are like little needles. Both my Dalmatians were super easy training and never had any issues at all and one of the best dog's I've ever owned. I just can't do the hair, that's the only thing that kills the breed for me, which suck's because I love their personalities and temperament. Very loyal, watchful, protective, and sweet.

I sweep constantly and every time it's like finding another Dalmatian.

Joining the pack! 12662_104962272854498_6461896_n

This is my pair Smile
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Rogue is beautiful! Best of luck with him!

And Kelly, you dalmations are adorable!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Now we have two red Rogue's! Welcome.
Back to top Go down
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 am

Kelly, Your dalmatians are so gorgeous!

Thanks for all the sweet comments.

Heather is Rogue a girl? If so where did you get her name from? Just curious Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joining the pack! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joining the pack!   Joining the pack! Empty

Back to top Go down

Joining the pack!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-