It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Why do Sibes "talk"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Why do Sibes "talk"? Empty
PostSubject: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 pm

So we all know that huskies' structure and independent personality stem from the job that they were initially bred to do. I was wondering if their propensity to be vocal has/had a purpose or if its just a fun side effect! I know that Bode is one of the most vocal dogs I've ever known, and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

Female Join date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 pm

I have no idea why... but it pretty funny.
Most of the time Lexi won't talk back to me (read: Alpha), but she definitely likes talking back to Sara. Every once in a while, Sara will tell Lexi to do something and Lexi says something that sounds a LOT like "no" haha

Scott
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:00 pm

I would like to know this too!

Mine talk..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf55grOjEy8
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

they talk cause they are the BEST!!! i try to not have conversations with Jack in public but sometimes its hard not to Smile

Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Female Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

I loved that vid. lol. They are too cute! I love talking huskies!
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:41 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

Great video... But now Sara wants 3 of the little rascals! affraid haha

Scott
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:45 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

Love the video really made me want to add another to my pack.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Mine talk to eachother, and to me. They act like I understand...So I just go with the flow and talk back!! Razz
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Iluvmyhuskies wrote:
Mine talk to eachother, and to me. They act like I understand...So I just go with the flow and talk back!! Razz

I do that too. My fiance looks at me like I'm nuts but I don't care I love it when my little boy is vocal because he rarely is.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Scott+Lexi wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

Scott

It's really not THAT much work...haha. So worth it! Love my nuts!

eander83 wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

Love the video really made me want to add another to my pack.

Iluvmyhuskies wrote:

Two is the best!
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 pm

eander83 wrote:
Iluvmyhuskies wrote:

I do that too. My fiance looks at me like I'm nuts but I don't care I love it when my little boy is vocal because he rarely is.

Ya, it's rather funny when your other half looks at you like your a crazy person...but ya know I've caught him a couple of times talking to them too!
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

I think I heard it has to do with being in packs originally, but I have no proof of that so yeah...

I love when Danzig talks to me. Although sometimes you'll be innocently watching tv and he scares the crap out of you by randomly doing this high pitched "woof". That's usually when he hasn't had enough exercise.
Back to top Go down
Scott+Lexi
Newborn
Newborn
Scott+Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:19 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Scott+Lexi wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

Scott

It's really not THAT much work...haha. So worth it! Love my nuts!

Ya I bet it's not that bad. But we are trying to buy a house and all the stuff. Plus we don't have the room for another dog right now. Maybe next year we will look at another pooch. Smile

Scott
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm

I love when Bode talks to me. Sometimes though he is completely silent and freaks me out. I'll be sleeping and I'll wake up to him standing with his head on the bed just staring at me waiting to be let out. Weirdo...
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:30 pm

MelissaI wrote:

Mine talk..lol

SO CUTE!!!! How do you get em all to talk at the same time?? Mine will only talk when the neighbors dog comes out. I'll hear them talk to eachother sometimes....but to get them to talk on command...seems almost impossible...well mine anyway! lol.

When I get home from work they just greet me with a loud...bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:20 pm

They talk because EVERYONE knows they are like, half wolf! DUH! Why do Sibes "talk"? 1625187496

I talk to Sheba alll the time. I wish Kennedy knew how to howl..but oh well. Sheba is especially talkative in the morning when I'm not getting ready for our walk fast enough. She lays in her kennel, on her back with her head on the pillow (yes, she has a pillow and blankets in there) and she just howls and jabbers on until I let her out. Depending on how early it is and how awake I am, it's pretty hilarious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
They talk because EVERYONE knows they are like, half wolf! DUH! Why do Sibes "talk"? 1625187496

I talk to Sheba alll the time. I wish Kennedy knew how to howl..but oh well. Sheba is especially talkative in the morning when I'm not getting ready for our walk fast enough. She lays in her kennel, on her back with her head on the pillow (yes, she has a pillow and blankets in there) and she just howls and jabbers on until I let her out. Depending on how early it is and how awake I am, it's pretty hilarious.

actually mine is half coyote... Wink
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

Blaze says " I luv u" I do have to talk him into it. Kerian is trying to now .

One of mine is part Fox lol! the other one is wolf lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do Sibes "talk"?   Why do Sibes "talk"? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do Sibes "talk"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1