It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

7am Wakeup Call

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 am

While I wake my dog up every three hours in the middle of the night to go potty, he still will whine in his crate starting at 7am. Even though it's pitch black in our room, and cold, and quiet, and he just went out, and we're snoozing.

He'll whine on and off in his crate for an hour, then we feed him, then he'll whine some more, then we'll take him out, and then by that point we can't fall back to sleep at all.

HOOOOW do I get my dog to be a lazy bum like us?! On weekends, we don't WANT to wake up at 7am. And I know some of y'alls dogs will sleep until 10 or 11 or even later.

Help!

<3,
sleepy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

This too shall pass.

Tika would wake us up early the first few months until she got into our routine. He'll get there, it just might take a while. If we wake up and let the girls out at 6:30 and go back to bed they will let us sleep until about 10. By then Ripley wakes up.

Just wait it out....sorry, you will be tired for a while. Naps help Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm

I hope he grows out of it....mine didn't Sad Well I should say that Kody didn't and he wakes the girls up. Everyday between 6-630am they are up! Go out potty, I feed them, and on the weekend they'll go back to bed until 10....no later...lol.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Kerian wakes up between 5:30am and 6am almost every day.. but my Husband gets up that early to start work (he works from home and feel he gets more done if he starts early).
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Nicky and Hayden wake up Mon-Fri at 6:30am sharp. Weekends they will sleep in. Brandi however wakes up like clockwork at 3:30am everyday. She didn't do it this morning thankfully, so I hope the others are teaching her to sleep in Smile
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Hopefully he will outgrow it, as mine pretty much outgrew waking up super early. During the week I usually have to wake them up at 6am so I can get ready for work, feed and walk them. On weekends Yukon will wake me up around 7 or 8 because he is hungry and has to potty, but Nikko, who is 14months will lay in bed all morning!
Back to top Go down
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Female Join date : 2012-12-12

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am

Kyra wakes up every morning between 7-830. On average we put her to bed around 10:45-1130 at night, there have been times where we go out and when we get home at 2am we take her out...doesn't matter she will STILL get up around that time haha I think it's just her own schedule she set for herself Razz. We figure it's because she wants her breakfast but even if we give her some food at 2-3am she will still wake up around that time.

I don't have any hope she'll get out of it but after we get up and feed her usually she'll go back to sleep for another 2.5 hours Smile
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 am

Kibas up at 630 each day. On weekends we let her out and feed her and go back to bed for a few hours. She cries but since we don't have ether in the same room our fan blocks out most of the small whining. Can you stuff a kong or give your dog a special chew to keep her busy when you want to go back to bed for a bit?
Back to top Go down
frontz
Newborn
Newborn
frontz

Female Join date : 2012-12-18

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 am

Roo is up early everyday between 5:30 - 6:30. She just wants out of her crate though, doesn't have to go to the bathroom. Easier to just let her out and go back to sleep (on the weekends at least).
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 am

Wow its amazing how much husky's are the same. I'm reading everyone's posts about up at 6:30ish during the week. On weekends out to potty at about that time and then back to bed for a couple hours. This is Saphire all the way. Took a little bit to get there but now I can successfully sleep in on the weekends.

Try letting your pup out for about fifteen minutes and then back to crate and bed. Do this any day you want to sleep in a little. It won't work the first few times but if you stick with it your pup will learn. Saphire did and its sounds like lots of others have also.
Back to top Go down
ksutton
Puppy
Puppy
ksutton

Male Join date : 2012-10-15

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 am

I found that ours actually sleeps better (and longer) when he's not in the same room as us. I bought a crate for the bedroom and another for my office when I got him. He would sleep downstairs in the office during the day (while potty training) and would sleep upstairs in the bedroom at night. When he was in the bedroom, he wanted to get up and go out every time someone stirred or got out of bed.

I started leaving him downstairs at night, where I also think it stays cooler, and his "peaceful windows" finally started getting longer. We still let him out first thing in the morning for a bathroom break and to eat, but he happily goes back to bed for a few hours and will let us sleep until 10:30 or 11:00 on the weekend. He is ok being in his crate as long as he *thinks* no one else is around. But once he hears someone come downstairs, he wants to join in on the fun.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/kevinsutton
Sponsored content

7am Wakeup Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7am Wakeup Call   7am Wakeup Call Empty

Back to top Go down

7am Wakeup Call

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1