It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How to make a Mayadog!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

Female Join date : 2012-08-24

How to make a Mayadog! Empty
PostSubject: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:52 am

(note- this is what happens when it is late at night and I cannot sleep, and love my dog entirely too much!! This is meant to be cute and funny. It is not meant, in any way, shape, or form, to suggest that I support the practice of mixed breeding, backyard breeding, or any other form of irresponsible breeding. I do not condone these activities! The images used are not photos of Maya's relatives; they are simply generic examples of the breeds that I have acquired from google searches.)

HOW TO MAKE A MAYADOG!

ingredients
-one part chow chow
-one part red heeler
-two parts siberian husky

Mix red chow chow and red heeler. Let settle. Add siberian husky. Refrigerate. Serve chilled for best results. lol!

How to make a Mayadog! Mayadog_zps15ef73d4

How to make a Mayadog! Photoon2-6-13at826PM2_zpsf5d6aa82
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:54 am

Super cute!
I can't judge, I love my mutt as much as my purebred.
In our case its 1 part husky + 1 part chow + maybe 1 part lab = Ripley
We think there is an additional breed in there but its hard to tell, and I don't care enough to get a DNA test.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

I just love Maya!
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks guys Smile Kelly- I cannot judge either; my mutt is my best friend! I personally think she is as beautiful as a purebred show dog, albeit different traits but just as beautiful in my eyes! I am curious to get a DNA test someday-whenever there is a little extra spare money sitting around Wink - just to see how accurate they are, since I do know my dog's background! Just a curiosity thing! Ripley is absolutely gorgeous- it's hard to see in the small avatar, but he (she? I'm sorry, not sure if Ripley is a boy or girl! lol) looks very husky to me, at least structure wise. I can see the chow from the orange-red coloration, and perhaps the big thick fluffy "ruff" around his face Smile I think chow x husky mixes are absolutely wonderful dogs!! As much as I would like to, and probably will, seek out a purebred husky from a reputable breeder when it comes time to add a second dog to my family.... if I were to stumble across another husky x chow mix that was at a shelter, rescue, or up for adoption elsewhere and in need of a home, I'd probably snatch it up in a heartbeat Razz Never really was a fan of chow chows until I met Maya's mother Shera (chow x heeler). Now, although huskies remain my absolute favorite breed, I do have a fascination for purebred chows and heelers alike, and would always consider one of either breed someday down the line. Although chows have soooo much hair, I don't know if I could commit to THAT much grooming, LOL! Ahh, I am rambling now... I just love chatting about dogs sometimes!

Oh, also, Kelly- do you have more photos of your dogs up on this forum? A scrapbook perhaps? I'd love to see more pics of them!

PS- Sarah- Bode is ADORABLE Smile

Last edited by GalacticPup on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a few typos!)
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Chris loves chows and grew up with them, but they weren't my favourite. I wanted a pit bull, somehow we met somewhat in the middle and got a husky. Ripley came along (its a girl Smile ) and shes part chow so I tease him that he got his dog after all.
She does look mainly husky, but the color, her tail are definite chow, as is her half purple tongue. She also has much shorter coarser fur than Tika's. She has a deep chest too, very butch girl. Looking at her from the side I find she looks like she has something else mixed in.
Here are some better shots of her so you get the idea. Tika's scrapbook has Ripley in it now Smile you can look that one up and see. The second photo she looks kinda scraggly but it was only about 2 weeks after wek got her. Shes much trimmer and her fur is nicer since she started on better food.
How to make a Mayadog! 31777610

How to make a Mayadog! 28360910
Back to top Go down
GalacticPup
Puppy
Puppy
GalacticPup

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh yes, I do see the chow in her! Especially in the facial expression and her tail! What a lovely girl she is!!! Tika is absolutely beautiful as well! Hmm, I wonder if I see some Akita in Ripley? OR Shiba Inu? She looks too large to have shiba in her though. How tall is she/ how much does she weigh? I have to say she definitely has some similar features to a Japanese Akita. Not the American bred type though, those are typically so much more massive over-all and just... Americanized lol.

How to make a Mayadog! Japakita2_zpsa89c176b

Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:12 pm

We have actually had people say she looks like a giant sheba....lol
I am not sure how tall she is, but shes about 56 pounds. Maybe some Akita as well......who knows. She was most likely bred in a puppy mill and sold in a pet store to the previous owner. her breeding is terrible, we are figuring we will have hip problems with her. But her temperment is amazing, she is so tolerant of Tika and little kids all over her. She is pretty dominant so other dogs up in her business she isnt wild about, but she seems to be getting better. Total couch potato/ cuddle bug.
Couldn't ask for a better pair.
When we weren't sure if she was staying with us we were putting out feelers and my parents had told me after that she would have been in their home easily if we didnt keep her.

My friend came over with her baby and this is what happened.
How to make a Mayadog! 72922_10
Back to top Go down
Saide's and Wash's Mom
Newborn
Newborn
Saide's and Wash's Mom

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Maya is so cute the only thing that could be better if she had the Chow blue tongue! But I guess you can't have that much cute in one dog it would be difficult to handle. Wink Kelly I have a pit bull and they always ask me if she is part husky because of her blue eyes so I guess I got your dog? I can't wait for my pure bred husky but I love my little pit bull mix I wouldn't trade her for anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am

Have had many many mutts in my life, and have loved them all! Pedigree does not make the dog!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Mayadog!   How to make a Mayadog! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make a Mayadog!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-