It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

hey from illinois

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:36 pm

found this site not long ago when looking for collars for my two new huskies finally got around to registering! just wanted to do a quick intro of us, my name is alicia or ally and i am currently owned by Bella and Jasper who are some sort of husky or husky mix. A bit on how I ended up with my two beasts, I had been looking to get a young husky pup and was contacted by some one who pulled two little bit older huskies off the streets already having three dogs she couldn't keep them and told me if i didn't come for them that night they were going to the pound the next morning. We got in the car and came back with two fully grown huskies that have been driving me crazy for just over a month now.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Hello and welcome! You have to post pictures of your pooches... forum rules Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Welcome really want to see pictures..
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 am

sorry it took this long for pic new computer couldnt figure out what i was doing.
 hey from illinois Dscn4212

hey from illinois Dscn4213
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 am

You have beautiful dogs! I doubt they are mixes... they look 100% Siberian Husky to me.
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:08 am

Hello and wecome! Your pups are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 am

Thank you! Thats good to hear you think they are just husky we were a bit worried they might be hybrid because their snouts are longer and more slender then huskies we've seen and of some of their behavior, a wildness they seem to have some times but we also havent had a pure sibe before, my last dog was husky shepard collie mix I miss her dearly but I love these two. But we are thinking that they were stray longer then anyone thought so their getting re-domesticated in a way. Lord knows they had absolutely no house manners at all when I brought them home. They seem to have had it rough before they were taken in by the women I got them from and I'm really glad to have the chance to give them a loving home. I didnt think I would be able to keep them for a few weeks at first. They just have a lot of learning to do still.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 am

They also look pure Husky too me, the lighter colored one looks identical to my female, Zoey.
Thanks for taking those babies in Smile They're gorgeous
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm

They They are stunning! Welcome to the forum!! I am in Northwest Indiana, and we are going to be planning a husky meet up at a park here in NW Indiana. I know your in Wheeling but your welcome to join our Indiana Husky group!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm

The are beautiful thanks for giving them a home.

The lighter one looks alot like my female Kerian, you darker one looks somewhat like my male Blaze.

How old are they ??

Which one is female Bella? Which one is male Jasper??

The are very very pretty thanks again for giving them a home..
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Thank you for the invite maybe I could take you up on that in the future right now my trucks down for the count and not going to be fixed for a while. Unfortunately I am not sure how old they are, the women I got them from guessed them to be around 8 months because they loved to play a lot. I havent had a chance to go to the vet with them having a real tight budget and no money coming in from work right now but I have found a vet that does a free first visit so they will be going there soon and we are getting both their shots and my sisters pups at a low cost clinic sunday I am hoping they can give me a good guess as to their age. I wasnt planning on getting two pups and didnt think I would be getting one for at least a few months so I didnt have any money put aside so I am doing the best I can with them. Bella is the lighter one and Jasper is the darker one!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Good luck with them.. I was guessing the lighter one was the female and the darker one was the male. I am thinking because my darker one is male and lighter one is female.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 am

Bella_Jasper wrote:
Thank you for the invite maybe I could take you up on that in the future right now my trucks down for the count and not going to be fixed for a while. Unfortunately I am not sure how old they are, the women I got them from guessed them to be around 8 months because they loved to play a lot. I havent had a chance to go to the vet with them having a real tight budget and no money coming in from work right now but I have found a vet that does a free first visit so they will be going there soon and we are getting both their shots and my sisters pups at a low cost clinic sunday I am hoping they can give me a good guess as to their age. I wasnt planning on getting two pups and didnt think I would be getting one for at least a few months so I didnt have any money put aside so I am doing the best I can with them. Bella is the lighter one and Jasper is the darker one!

Cool! Well your welcome to join our Facebook page just search for Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle - Indiana.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 am

Bella_Jasper wrote:
the women I got them from guessed them to be around 8 months because they loved to play a lot.

They look like they haven't quite grown into their ears yet, so its very feasible they are still puppies.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Welcome, thanks for taking them in and doing the best you can with them for right now, getting all there shots done is a must so im glad you are doing that. its hard to tell on age but a vet can check the teeth and give you an idea. they are both stunning, were they scanned for chips? the lankiness in then could be from lack of food or that they are under 2. hard to tell right now.

Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes the lady that originally caught them got them scanned at few times at different places with no results she had reported them lost and nothing has been heard about them. I may sound rude or ignorant for this and I know people all have their opinions on it but as far as I am concerned if whoever had them originally did show up I dont think I would give them back, as far as I have seen with them they were tied up outside and at least Bella was abused she has completely freaked up about things that were rolled up and though she likes men she is scared of them. My sister had a lunch bag she had rolled and she had waved it at Bella and yelled when she squatted in her house and poor Bella ran like the wind yelping across the room and hide behind my legs shaking, she also flinchs a lot but is getting better. We went for a visit to my aunt's house where my gram aunt and dad live and when dad came home bella barked and hid behind me again even when he crouched down and held his hand out for an intro, until he laid on the floor to wrestle with my two year nephew then she came out to play with my nephew fred and kind of didnt have a choice but to greet my dad cause he wasnt going to stop playing with fred.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Wow it is so sad when you have a dog that appears to have abused. Our Female Kerian was a rescue we got from a shelter since we got her we have seen signs that she may have been abused some also. Keep up the good work with these Jasper and Bella. They are probably some where between 1 year and 2 years would be my guess. The picture of them both in the same crate is really cute. Bella really remains me of my Kerian.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Age wise thats what we are thinking also. They had to be in the same crate for about two weeks when they first came home, Jasper didnt seem to thrilled cause he spreads out to sleep but Bella whined and talked bloody murder til we put her in with Jasper we didnt want to give in but we live in a mobile home and she could be heard a few doors down so we put them together. I had planned on just getting the largest crate I could for them to shre but she has eased herself into her own crate, now if Jasper goes in to check hers out she barks and complains until he gets out. Bella does kind of look like your girl I hadnt noticed haha!

By the way everyones pups are gorgeous!!!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 pm

They do look kinda young to me, my Balon is just turning one this week and he is a bit lanky still too. I've read they continue to fill out until about 2 years old. Some huskies have shorter snouts and some have longer, Balon's is a tad longer too, just like his mom lol! Good luck, thanks for rescuing them, they are so pretty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hey from illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey from illinois    hey from illinois Empty

Back to top Go down

hey from illinois

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1