It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

crappy dog laws

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadow
Newborn
Newborn
shadow

Male Join date : 2009-09-14

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:15 am

http://www.justnews.com/furryfriends/23547074/detail.html?taf=mia

Petition to save Brandie
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/5/help-save-dog-from-unjust-ordinance
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:25 am

What a joke. Small dog owners piss me off.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:57 am

Last edited by Here4thePics on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

Male Join date : 2009-05-20

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:24 pm

So the law states that an unprovoked attack can result in putting the dog down, but as the story is read the attack wasn't unprovoked - the little rat of a poodle ran out of an open door (note: owner neglegance) at the husky and that's when it was attacked.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:47 pm

I signed the petition, but it honestly makes no sense.

The law (as copied in the petition) states that a dog will be PTS if it kills unprovoked. Brandie was not unprovoked, as hopefully the defense will prove. However, the petition states that "This ordinance automatically assumes that Brandie was unprovoked because of the death of the dog." Where does the law say that? Not to mention the petition has numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

I absolutely hope that Brandie does not die and do not think that she deserves it, but I don't really think this petition is clear... The law also doesn't state what the consequences of being a dangerous dog are.

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:15 pm

rudukai13 wrote:
So the law states that an unprovoked attack can result in putting the dog down, but as the story is read the attack wasn't unprovoked - the little rat of a poodle ran out of an open door (note: owner neglegance) at the husky and that's when it was attacked.
I didn't see you had written this before. EXACTLY what I'm trying to say. I don't understand the hype when from the events laid out in the article and petition (which granted probably has a huge bias) it seems as if Brandie is protected by the law? It just sounds like people aren't reading and abiding by it properly.

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Not to mention, it's not negligance on the part of Brandie's owner - The husky was on a leash, under control. The owner of the poodle left their door open, left their dog unsupervised and through their own fault allowed their dog to come to harm.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Eh, I have a slightly different take on this. Mainly because I fear stories like that and ignorant idiots always seem to insist that the Malamutes are part wolf. That makes me paranoid to the point of constantly being on defense with my dogs EVERYWHERE. We always encounter loose, and often assertive dogs on our runs. Some have even come out front windows, small openings in garage doors and open front doors. The way most small dogs approach with their constant yapping makes me personally wonder how the Husky could have been in a position to reach the small dog. I have had up to seven dogs on leash and still been able to position myself between them and a loose charging dog. Maybe I pay too much attention to my surroundings, but I just don't see how the little dog got close enough to the Husky. They mention the door was open and a dog came out lunging, that's plenty of time to shift the Husky and confront the loose dog. Unless they're walking it on a flexi and let the dog run up into people's yards as they go along. I've seen that plenty of times before.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm

WOW, so you all remember my story a few weeks ago? same thing happened (not the death part). I was walking the 2 and a lady opens her front door to let her dog out into the open front yard and the little shit runs right for us! and the lady is calling it back and it is not going back to her just still after us, it happened to be some small furry white dog and if it did get close to us I'm sure something might have happened. I hope Brandie's owners win in court.

Edit: based on what Eddy said I will have to say that I never thought to get myself in front because I'm always just trying to pull them away from the lose dog and not stand in the same spot in front of them while the dog gets closer. I do pull the 6' leash in and the dogs are close to me as I am pulling/ walking backwards away from the lose dog and if it were to lung at the dogs as I'm doing this I would not be able to get in front but now that you say this I will be more aware of it and try it next time.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:34 pm

This is also why I'm hesitant to comment on news articles and the like... it's just so hard to comment on third-hand information.

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:28 pm

I think there's one thing we can all agree on. Little yappers and their owners suck.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:49 pm

I think we should clarify, little YAPPERS suck... little dogs who don't yap can be very cute I love you Although, I am partial to big dogs myself.

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:58 am

Just read the hearing notes from another site and thought I'd post... here was my reaction:

Hearing

Evil or Very Mad
Two things: A) That just sucks all around...it doesn't seem fair that a dog can be put down for a single offense that is so controversial, even in court.

B) Proves my point that it's really unreasonable to believe the articles and petitions because the articles placed a MUCH different spin on the entire court case than what was presented here (I read the entire document).

I don't know what the truth is, but based on the evidence that I read, I do highly doubt that Brandie attacked and killed in a viscous way that she deserves to be put down.

I don't like how the situation is handled by the authorities and I understand what people have told me in how the police/animal control of that area are able to just manipulate the law like that. I don't think the law can be declared unconstitutional for the "one bite" rule, but it CAN be declared unconstitutional for taking such extreme action without the consent, testimony, or consultation of the owner. The fact that they could just walk in and take the dog without ever having spoken to its owners is absolutely absurd.

This whole situation is just so unfortunate and makes me very sad Sad

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Small dog owners just piss me off Evil or Very Mad They feel like they can get away with this stuff because their dog is smaller and thus "defenseless" when it comes to interacting with larger dogs. You know how you keep your yapper from becoming a chew toy? CONTROL IT. The larger dog was under control, on a leash. The owner was being responsible in not allowing her dog to roam free because said owner was aware of this risk and, through his or her action, did what they could to prevent just this scenario. The owner of the poodle took NO RESPONSIBILITY in maintaining the safety of their dog. As far as I'm concnerned what happened is entirely on the owner of the poodle - maybe next time they'll keep their little demon spawn under control...
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 am

Want to see some drama on the issue?

Opposing Views Post on This Case

Someone from another forum wrote the article for opposing views. I commented after the first commenter, then at his response did a little research first. NOTE: Don Earl IS A TROLL. Feel free to get involved for fun, but do NOT get offended or stoop to his level. More than likely he's hired by the website to start sh*t. But his responses gave me a good laugh. Laughing

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Let's be clear too that it's not ALL small-dog owners that "suck." It's irresponsible owners PERIOD. I do get tired of hearing generalizations on the subject because I don't like it when people generalize about big dogs, or rescue dogs. Those owners are clearly idiots (See video in top right in this article: News Article & Video), but just because they are doesn't mean that all small-dog owners are.

We need to be careful that we're not alienating people by having a large-dog supremest attitude. A dog is only as good as its owner and its training. Like I said, small YAPPERS are annoying, but not all small dogs.

crappy dog laws Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:16 am

That's true. My friend has a Jack Russel and a Rat terrier, and although those are prime suspects to be "yappers" they are well trained and almost never bark, and they are the most entertaining dogs I've ever seen. As long as the dogs are well trained and the owners are responsible, I wouldn't have a problem with small dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

crappy dog laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: crappy dog laws   crappy dog laws Empty

Back to top Go down

crappy dog laws

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1