It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

had a little scare today with maya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

had a little scare today with maya Empty
PostSubject: had a little scare today with maya   had a little scare today with maya EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 pm

took Maya for a short walk to work on walking her on a lease and she did pretty good on her walk. trying to train her not to pull and to sit when we stop, also teaching stop, go, right and left commands for when i start scooting/bikejoring when she gets old enough right now she is 11 weeks old. on our way home the leash came unattached from her and i don't know how because it was attached firmly on her when we left. we were about 150 feet from my house when it came off, she took off running towards the house and i was sure she was going to keep going. to my surprise she turn and went towards the backyard and went to the fence trying to get in the backyard. the gate was open but she when to the corner of the fence and the house and tried to get in.

the leash i use is a kong from petsmart, should i look into a better lease or do you think this was a freak accident?
it's the first time i had this happen with this lease. just glad it happen with Maya and not Zoë, because Zoë with have just ran and kept going
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: had a little scare today with maya   had a little scare today with maya EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:51 pm

How does the leash attach to the collar? Karli's collar has a D-ring that the leash attaches to. I always make sure to attach it to the ring and not the tags.

Karli escaped once as a small puppy, she got out of the back yard and went around to the front door to be let in. Too smart for their own good sometimes!!!
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

PostSubject: Re: had a little scare today with maya   had a little scare today with maya EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 am

The leash attaches to the harness at the back by a D ring. The only this I can think that caused it was I either didnt attached it very good or she twisted just right for it to open the pice that opens and close.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: had a little scare today with maya   had a little scare today with maya EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 am

I just ordered the flat out leash and top rope collar by ruffwear. They should be coming in any day now i heard alot of good things about them. Maybe you can look into them
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

PostSubject: Re: had a little scare today with maya   had a little scare today with maya EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 am

Ericobeasto wrote:
I just ordered the flat out leash and top rope collar by ruffwear. They should be coming in any day now i heard alot of good things about them. Maybe you can look into them

Will check them out, I do need a new leash anyway since the one I'm using is starting to fray. Thought about making my own leash or buying one and then changing out the connector of the leash with one of those clamps that the closing piece screws shut (sorry don't know what they are called)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: had a little scare today with maya   had a little scare today with maya Empty

Back to top Go down

had a little scare today with maya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1