It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. Empty
PostSubject: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Last night had a little too much wine with a group of friends at the house. One brought over some treats for Loki which didn't agree with him. So around 4 in the morning Loki does a whimper and goes into our bathroom and into the shower stall. His circling around in the stall made Kevin get up. LLoki had diaherra in the shower stall. The smell is what woke me up. Kevin took Loki outside and I cleaned out the shower. So I dont know if I should be digusted that he pooped on my shower or happy that he was smart enough to poop in a place that was easy for me to clean up instead of waking one of us up. Anyone ever have anything like this happen to them?
Back to top Go down
scott.valentino.9
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:49 pm

My Nikita does it on the tile floor in front of the door
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 pm

I'd be so happy lol. Mine always do it on the carpet when they're sick and it's disgusting to clean up.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 pm

I'd be happy about it too, lol. A LOT easier to clean up. Still disgusting though. My Samantha would do it right in front of the door if no one was there to let her out. Like saying "I know I'm supposed to go outside, but I can't hold it!"
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Ares must have seen this thread, I just had to clean up chunky dog food puke out of my area rug that is HORRIBLE to get things out of Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 pm

Chunky dog food puke is better than straight up liquid... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 pm

My Dalmatian has a really sensitive stomach and will occasionally have an accident in the house. She refuses to go anywhere else accept in the bathroom on the tile floor, thankfully! I'm mad when she does it, but so thankfully it's easy to clean up.
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm

I'd be happy, like you said easier to clean up and you don't have to worry about it soaking into the padding.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Well I to would be happy as far as clean up goes, sucks he got sick. Our lower level is tile and if we ever move the first thing I will do is remove the carpet! Area rugs are a big enough pain to clean. Our 2 will wake us up for potty in the midle of the nigh, were not so lucky with puke, that's the worst to clean up

Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Normally Loki nose punches me or Kevin in the face to say take me out in the middle of the night. Dont know if he didn't think he would make it downstairs or he tried and we didn't feel it last night. Though Im glad all I had to do was turn kn the shower to clean up the mess I just hope he doesn't make a habit of going in the shower instead of outside. I hope last night was just a one off because of his upset stomach.
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:43 pm

I've had to clean up my fair share of liquid diarrhea (and vomit) from carpet... i would be happy that he did it in a shower stall or on some tile or hardwood, definately much easier to clean up then having to pull out the De-oderizer spray, a rag, then carpet cleaner, then a vaccume, then run the cleaner again, vaccume again and fluff that spot back out (i use to clean carpets for a living, so im a bit anal with cleaning them right ;P)

However definately dis-heartening that he got sick, i would ask your friends what the brand/kind of treats that they got him where so you could keep a mental note to stay away from those in the future.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Thats awesome! I'd be extatic, so easy to clean up, as apposed to trying to scrape it from carpet and scrubbing grout off regular floor tiles.

Freya did an unusual thing last night, I was in the shower, when I came out and got dressed I noticed a giant wee on the dining room floor - Luckily it is lanoline and easy to clean.
It's really unusual for her to have accicents inside - She hasnt done so in months. I put it down to the fact that she had been in for a while when I decided to have a shower, she couldnt alert me to her needing to go, so just went.

Usually she gets really annoying, jumps all over me, nibbles my hands, lucks at me etc to tell me she needs to go out. I ask her if she needs to go out and her ears prick up and she does this crazy dance all the way to the back door. It's very cute.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
RogueBella
Newborn
Newborn
RogueBella

Female Join date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
My Dalmatian has a really sensitive stomach and will occasionally have an accident in the house. She refuses to go anywhere else accept in the bathroom on the tile floor, thankfully! I'm mad when she does it, but so thankfully it's easy to clean up.
My Dalmatian is the same way!
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:52 pm

We've been lucky enough that if Ezio has an accident he'll go into the kitchen or in front of the door (MUCH easier to clean up). I am always grateful for that at least. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.   Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't know if I should be disgusted or somewhat happy.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1