It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Brought Willow Home !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

Female Join date : 2013-01-22

home - Brought Willow Home !  Empty
PostSubject: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Well, I brought willow home today! She has done excellent so far! She peed as soon as we got here! It was only a 1 hour drive so it wasn't terrible! She seems to be adapting well already! I think the bi weekly visits to her helped a ton. she is very playful! She hates her collar - but that's expected since she's never had one before! She adores it outside!!!!!

home - Brought Willow Home !  7weeks13
home - Brought Willow Home !  7weeks14
home - Brought Willow Home !  7weeks15

Last edited by olott707 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm

She's so sweet! Congratulations! Love the name, that was one of the names on my list but everyone else hated it. Sad
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

She is adorable!
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Kelli0713 wrote:
She's so sweet! Congratulations! Love the name, that was one of the names on my list but everyone else hated it. Sad

haha this was the only name everyone in my family could agree upon! hahha!
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:35 pm

How cute!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Congrats! I thought your puppy was coming from a pretty good kennel- I'm surprised they let them go at 6 weeks...
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Congrats! I thought your puppy was coming from a pretty good kennel- I'm surprised they let them go at 6 weeks...

she's 7 weeks old.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

she's 7 weeks old.

Your ticker says she a couple days short of 7 weeks, regardless all puppies should be with mom and littermates until at least 8 weeks.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

she's 7 weeks old.

Your ticker says she a couple days short of 7 weeks, regardless all puppies should be with mom and littermates until at least 8 weeks.

actually my ticker says 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days - which does not equal 4 weeks plus 2 weeks 4 days... it means 1 month (jan 9-feb 9) plus 2 weeks 4 days. did not realize this was going to be an argument over how old my baby is - but thank you for your concern. both the breeder & i felt she was ready to go... she is getting socialization which i understand is important for puppies. so thanks again for your completely unneeded opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 pm

olott707 wrote:
Kelli0713 wrote:

haha this was the only name everyone in my family could agree upon! hahha!

At least you were able to agree on a name, we are getting our puppy Saturday and we have no clue yet. We have tossed around a couple of names but nothing seems to agree with all of us.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm

No need to be rude, Olivia, when people are just trying to help and clear things up.

Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
No need to be rude, Olivia, when people are just trying to help and clear things up.

trying to help by insinuating that my breeder is a bad breeder ?? don't really see that as help.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm

The concern that the dog is leaving its litter before 8 weeks (on a quick glance at the ticker one could easily assume the dog is 6 weeks old.) there is more and more evidence about how important staying with the litter and mom is until at least 8 weeks old. Many keep them until 10-12 weeks.

You are on a dog forum- you must be open to questions. No one is saying anything negative.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm

olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

she's 7 weeks old.

actually my ticker says 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days - which does not equal 4 weeks plus 2 weeks 4 days... it means 1 month (jan 9-feb 9) plus 2 weeks 4 days. did not realize this was going to be an argument over how old my baby is - but thank you for your concern. both the breeder & i felt she was ready to go... she is getting socialization which i understand is important for puppies. so thanks again for your completely unneeded opinion.

1 month, 2 weeks and 4 days = 6 weeks and 4 days.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm not trying to be rude, sorry if it came across that way? I really hope you look up the cons of getting a puppy before 8-9 weeks and read into so you can make your puppy the best she can be.

Also in most states it is illegal to sell a puppy before 8 weeks, and I really hope your breeder is aware of that
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:59 pm

So, the breeder felt 7 weeks was fine for her. Can't we just congradulate her on her new pup instead of chastizing her? Willow is good name and she is cute as a button. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude, sorry if it came across that way? I really hope you look up the cons of getting a puppy before 8-9 weeks and read into so you can make your puppy the best she can be.

Also in most states it is illegal to sell a puppy before 8 weeks, and I really hope your breeder is aware of that

That is something that i never knew and I bet most people don't know. I found this list of states and the age at which it is permissable to sell a puppy.
http://www.animallaw.info/articles/ovuspuppysaletable.htm
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

she's 7 weeks old.

1 month, 2 weeks and 4 days = 6 weeks and 4 days.

look, i'm sorry you're not comprehending this - but MY PUPPY was born on January 9, 2013. that puts her at 7 weeks today. there are more days in 1 month than 28 days or 4 weeks. therefore you CAN NOT count 1 month as 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Huskydad wrote:
So, the breeder felt 7 weeks was fine for her. Can't we just congradulate her on her new pup instead of chastizing her? Willow is good name and she is cute as a button. Congrats.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Huskydad wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

That is something that i never knew and I bet most people don't know. I found this list of states and the age at which it is permissable to sell a puppy.

i've looked over this as well before i picked her up - there is no law in my state or the state i purchased my puppy on age of sale.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm

olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
olott707 wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

she's 7 weeks old.

Actually jan 9 to feb 9 is 4 weeks and 3 days. so add to that 2 weeks and 4 days and you do get 7 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Huskydad
Teenager
Teenager
Huskydad

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:10 pm

olott707 wrote:
Huskydad wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:

i've looked over this as well before i picked her up - there is no law in my state or the state i purchased my puppy on age of sale.

Many states have no law and some allow puppies to go at 7 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Regardless, she's still under 8 weeks and IMO and most peoples opinion it's cruel to remove a puppy from her mom and littermates before that age. 7-9 weeks is a very critical age for a puppy to learn socialization skills and how to not be rude and mouthy from their littermates and mom.

I'm done trying to help you since all you do is preach that it is totally okay to that your breeder is selling their puppies too early. Have a fantastic day.

Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 pm

I really don't think anyone meant to upset anyone else. Those tickers are tricky in figuring out real age. My own has confused me several times.

The whole point being, there has been a lot of info on how important it is to leave the pups with mom and the litter for as long as possible. Its better for the pups in the long run, especially with bite inhibition. I got Karli two days shy of 8 weeks and we've never had any issues with her biting. There have been a lot of members who have gotten puppies much younger than Karli and they are having issues we never experienced with her.

Congrats and she's gorgeous!!!
Back to top Go down
olott707
Teenager
Teenager
olott707

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

cinnamonbits wrote:
I really don't think anyone meant to upset anyone else. Those tickers are tricky in figuring out real age. My own has confused me several times.

The whole point being, there has been a lot of info on how important it is to leave the pups with mom and the litter for as long as possible. Its better for the pups in the long run, especially with bite inhibition. I got Karli two days shy of 8 weeks and we've never had any issues with her biting. There have been a lot of members who have gotten puppies much younger than Karli and they are having issues we never experienced with her.

Congrats and she's gorgeous!!!

thank you! i was not trying to be rude - as i was just trying to state my pup is not 6 weeks.

i do agree on how important it is.

& thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brought Willow Home !    home - Brought Willow Home !  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brought Willow Home !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next