It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Praying that this continues + question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

Praying that this continues + question Empty
PostSubject: Praying that this continues + question   Praying that this continues + question EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 pm

Last night was PERFECT! I put Peaches to bed and she whine (only got above a whine once or twice) for about 15 minutes. I finally feels asleep, I woke up and realized that she didn't yell for me, I was worried because she only sleeps 30-90 minutes at a time, never 2 1/2+ hours. I peeked in and she was just sitting there being a good girl so I took her to potty. Put her back and she whine about 30 seconds and didn't hear anything from her a little over 2 1/2 hours. Went back to check on her since she didn't call again and she was sitting there being a big girl yet again. Took her to potty and put her back. This time she whined on and off for about 30 minutes, nothing insane like the other night, just a little whine. She then slept another 2 hours, probably would have slept longer but my husband woke her up when he came down to leave for work.

I'm praying with all I have that this continues, it was so nice to be able to sleep a little and not be so stressed out and tired.

Question: She didn't yell at my the first 2 times, I took her out because I saw she was awake. Should I have left her alone until she called for me?

Not sure how tonight will go but I have rules and we are sticking to it. My husband came home last night and ordered me to bed for a while. i went over everything with him, when to potty, how to create, what to say, how to cover the crate and so on. He stuck to my rules and she took 2 naps while I was sleeping. He said she whined a tiny bit but that was it.
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Praying that this continues + question   Praying that this continues + question EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Thats great! I hope this behavior continues and thrives! As for taking her out I think that was fine. It teaches her not only that when she is calm she can come out but also that you love this type of behavior. She is a puppy anyways and can't hold her bladder for that long so it sounds about right to take her out after 2 1/2 hours. Thats what I do, whenever I see that Cain is up after a nap I take him out to do his business and bring him back in. I wish you the best of luck with the crate training process!
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Praying that this continues + question   Praying that this continues + question EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:37 pm

You don't want him to think that his telling will get him sprung from his crate, so I think if he's awake definitely take him out. That's not to say if he's yelling after being in there awhile you should ignore him. Last night you began teaching him that screaming is not the way to get out of the crate.

Hope this good behavior continues!
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Praying that this continues + question   Praying that this continues + question EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Thank you both! I just went out to check on her (2 1/2 hours later) and she was just sitting there being really quiet. Smile I took her out to potty and let her play in the snow a little as a special treat. I'll post pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Praying that this continues + question   Praying that this continues + question Empty

Back to top Go down

Praying that this continues + question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1