It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Koopa got a little brother!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Koopa got a little brother!  Empty
PostSubject: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

His name is King Boo (following our Mario theme with Koopa), but we call him King. We are so excited about Koopa having someone to play with! Koopa is doing so well with him, he hasn't been biting him or anything. BUT, King has been growling at and biting Koopa. Do you guys think this is just puppy play, or do you think he's going to be aggressive?

Here he is!:
[img]Koopa got a little brother!  CCB90401-5ABC-492E-8B3C-884F4780A8DE-7335-0000062B081F8071_zps232e74a6[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Oh my gosh they're both adorable!!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Thank you so much!! They're a blast!
Back to top Go down
Crispin
Newborn
Newborn
Crispin

Male Join date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

How old is King? It sounds like it's just play. Very cute. I love the name.
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks! He was 6 weeks Sunday. I just never heard Koopa growl, even to this day I've never heard him growl. So I guess it just took me by surprise.
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Is there a way to post a video here?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Upload it to youtube and then use the url link code (the chain symbol)
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Oh my gosh, he's so cute!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm

https://youtu.be/7jCQyi-pCx4

This little vid is only 4 seconds, and in King's defense, Koopa does have him in a corner. however, King will chase Koopa down & jump up & bite his lips & stuff..
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Kelli0713 wrote:
Oh my gosh, he's so cute!

Thank you!! He's exactly what we wanted!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:22 pm

https://youtu.be/BTJNqQgskDE

This is what they were doing as I was uploading the first video...
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 pm

He's adorable! It seems like that's just King telling Koopa off for doing something he doesn't like. They should get better as King gets older.
Back to top Go down
eluke81
Puppy
Puppy
eluke81

Female Join date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 pm

OMG - look at the little sweetie!!!!!!!!! and they are playing so cute!!!!!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Thank you! Hopefully he doesn't do it for long, because he growled and snapped at me today so I had to pop his lil' booty. Lol. I am so impressed with how soft Koopa is being, but King has some sharp little teeth! So I hope Koopa doesn't snap back. They're so cute though!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Since he was taken from his mother and littermates so early you are going to have nipping issues and bite inhibition issues, which he would've learned from them if he had been left with them longer. Its gonna be up to Koopa to teach King that nipping and biting like that is unacceptable. Its also going to be up to you as well. There are several threads on the forum about bite inhibition training.
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Okay, I'll definitely give those a look! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Female Join date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:18 pm

Looks like King is a little unsure and maybe a bit nervous but also still a puppy and playful. They just need to figure each other some more. How long have you had him? As a pup he's going to need training for mouthing. Since he's a Husky I suggest starting early & don't let anything slide. "Leave it" is a great command. I also taught Mady "no bite" which allows us to rough house with no teeth/biting. Phoenix learned "ouch". So if we're rough housing or playing with a toy, if I say ouch she will let out instantly let go and even back up a bit. Then she usually comes over to lick my hand, which always reminds me of a little kid kissing a boo-boo to make it feel all better. Haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mette.c.smith
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:58 pm

OMG and an adorable little brother at that!!!!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Heart.Of.A.Wolf wrote:
if I say ouch she will let out instantly let go and even back up a bit. Then she usually comes over to lick my hand, which always reminds me of a little kid kissing a boo-boo to make it feel all better. Haha.

That's hilarious! If we tell Koopa not to bite he usually sits down & paws at us like "oh, I'm sorry. Love me anyway?" Haha

Balonsmom wrote:
OMG and an adorable little brother at that!!!!

Thank you so much! We are loving him!! He is already so spoiled. We've had him a week today and he already has a new leash, collar, shampoo & about 15 toys! Haha. Unfortunately, despite having a million toys of his own, Koopa only wants whatever toy King has. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Ha ha I know all about that, Balon ONLY wants whatever toy the lab has!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 pm

How funny. I told my husband they're good training for kids! Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koopa got a little brother!    Koopa got a little brother!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Koopa got a little brother!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1