It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mschwax
Puppy
Puppy
Mschwax

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! Empty
PostSubject: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Saw her pounce it and she was proudly parading around with it until I yelled for someone to get it away from her, at which point she took one big gulp and it disappeared. It was pretty good sized- I have a bad feeling it is going to make a disgusting reappearance on the carpet.

Guess she proved who wins that game of "keep away." Yuck.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Ahaha, this almost happened with a dead rat Snoopy found. I managed to get it away from him before he swallowed it, which was great because it was dead from the rat poison dad puts in the shed
Back to top Go down
Mschwax
Puppy
Puppy
Mschwax

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Well hopefully she will barf it up...or it will pass without incident. We already had a $700 stay in the ICU when the little stinker found rat poison we didn't even know EXISTED! Darn huskies and their need to put everything in their mouth!
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Kiba found a road kill mouse once that I had to pry from her mouth....talk about gross!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mschwax
Puppy
Puppy
Mschwax

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Blech! That had to be fun!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 am

That's gonna hurt coming out!
Back to top Go down
Heart.Of.A.Wolf
Puppy
Puppy
Heart.Of.A.Wolf

Female Join date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 am

My Mady did that before. My grandma scooped it out of the pool on the skimmer to keep the dogs from jumping in after it. When it started racing toward her arm she sort of panicked and flung it in the air, aiming over the fence. Mady lept into the air, caught it in her mouth *crunch* and ate it. My grandma was devastated. And of course my first question was, is Mady feeling okay? Haha!
Surprisingly Mady was completely fine. No throw up or anything. Stomach of steel on that one. Unlike Kumari...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mette.c.smith
Mschwax
Puppy
Puppy
Mschwax

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:23 am

Aack! All these stories are enough to make ME puke anyway. Vixen seems to have aN iron gut as well, she is forever getting into the cat scraps, eating pencil and plastic and chewing on dead things she finds. But this is the first time I saw her swallow a LIVE animal whole...did I not mention it was still wriggling? Eeeeewwwww..... she was pretty pleased with herself too. I know she knew EXACTLY what was going on when I yelled "somebody take that from her!" Little Brat.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:43 am

My cat loves catching us moles, and Darwin of course loves picking them up. He hasn't eaten one that I'm aware of, he's gotten pretty good at the leave it/drop it command with the moles. Though with the amount Jim my cat brings us, I wouldn't be surprised if he's eaten one or two beore.

Michelle, I didn't realize the shrew was still alive! EEEKKK! Poor little guy getting eaten alive. What a horrible way to go. I would wonder if it was trying to scratch on it's way down. I'm sure she had a really smug look on her face too with getting to keep the shrew Smile
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 am

KibaHope wrote:
Kiba found a road kill mouse once that I had to pry from her mouth....talk about gross!!!!!

lol!

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 am

wow when i first read the topic yesterday i read shrew as screw Smile just realized it said shrew this morning

lol!
Back to top Go down
theredofshaw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Ziva kept finding field mice during September/October time frame...ate a few of them too despite our efforts to get them out of her mouth. Fortunately we didn't have any issues because of it. Just found pieces of them over the next couple days when cleaning up after her.
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 am

When I was younger our German Shepperd found a bunny. Next thing we know she comes running to the back pouch with its head dandling from its body and white fur all over the yard. We never found the insides.. so she must have eaten them. She was fine from it too.

Now the VHS tape did a number on her. But that's a whole other story.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am

Next time you can try give her peroxide to get her to puke it back up. I do one tablespoon for ADULTS over 45lbs and it works everytime, just not rightaway....

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!   Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ugh. Vixen just swallowed a shrew- WHOLE!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1