It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:31 am

Siku helped himself to some gummy vitamins the other day. Luckily I got up quick and got some out of his throat. He seemed fine and so far no problems so thats good. But he definitely enjoyed the couple that he got.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:18 pm

siku&nikolai wrote:
Siku helped himself to some gummy vitamins the other day. Luckily I got up quick and got some out of his throat. He seemed fine and so far no problems so thats good. But he definitely enjoyed the couple that he got.

I wonder if gummy vitamins would actually bother him. I mean...they're just vitamins. When I thought Kenzi had a UTI I gave her Cranberry pills. She loved them and didn't seem to have a problem with them. Now I wonder if I wasn't supposed to do that. Interesting.

Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:44 pm

I don't know if one or two would be bad. But like he knocked over the whole jar and stated to eat them like they were candy! So I was thinking that a lot would of been the problem and not so much just the recommended amount.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Puppy
Puppy
Bane

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 12:42 am

A hole in the wall, and two patches of carpet. -.-
Back to top Go down
histi
Teenager
Teenager
histi

Female Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 1:06 am

Candy canes (Keyto) and Lollipops (digger) Both got a mintie too. Was my daughters birthday on friday and they wanted it so they got it.....  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 1:32 am

A bee. I don't know how she managed to not get stung.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:58 pm

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 15514910

came home to this last week. i have been good about keeping the counters clean but i had them out to wear to work and walked out the door turned the lock and said damn i forgot my gloves, then i said oh well its not that cold out... yeah the was a big mistake... this girl let me tell you!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Oh Sierra!

My foster has chewed:
-a Ruffwear harness (so sad), which had survived at least 10 other foster dogs
-his leg stitches (luckily, I caught him), despite the cone
-my dining room chairs (survived 7 fosters)
-the bottle of calming dog chews (ironically)
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Nothing of any value....thank goodness.

an empty milk jug, and soda bottle....that they managed to steal out of the recycling bins.
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Hmmm, let me think...... hmm..... lately she was a good girl, but when she was jus a small pup, her damage was bigger than her size. I left the gorgeous pup for 1 minute, i repeat, 1 MINUTE, and came back, the carpet frames were, how can i put this? KAPUT maybe? yeah, they were kaput.. and the carpet frames were made of silicon, so later i hide it with black tape, so it looks like the frame, and thought it will last till my birthday, so i can tell my mom, and don't get my mom mad. but my mom did find it, and she thought i thought she was to stupid to recognise it. well, what are ya gonna do for those 4-legged furry babies? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:57 pm

A very happy puppy - on our walk yesterday there was the remains of a field dressed deer on the side of the road. He carried a foreleg home 1.5 miles, proud as punch! Looked and smelled ok so I thought, what the hey - a lot of people feed their dog a raw diet...even if I am squeamish.
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Ragdog wrote:
Hmmm, let me think...... hmm..... lately she was a good girl, but when she was jus a small pup, her damage was bigger than her size. I left the gorgeous pup for 1 minute, i repeat, 1 MINUTE, and came back, the carpet frames were, how can i put this? KAPUT maybe? yeah, they were kaput.. and the carpet frames were made of silicon, so later i hide it with black tape, so it looks like the frame, and thought it will last till my birthday, so i can tell my mom, and don't get my mom mad. but my mom did find it, and she thought i thought she was to stupid to recognise it. well, what are ya gonna do for those 4-legged furry babies? Very Happy

What is a carpet frame?
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Well not a biggie but she ate my watermelon Trident. At least it is accepted by the ADA.
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:17 pm

lets see here some shoes, tooth paste, anything low to the ground, clothes, pillows, blankets, EVERYTHING lol
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 pm

We bought our house in July 2013 so we haven't lived here that long. One neighbor on one side of us has three smaller dogs and the neighbor on the other side has an Eskie and a Keeshond. We don't yet have a fence so the Eskie and Keeshond sometimes will come slightly over onto our property.

I'm not sure exactly which dog, if any, is responsible, but ever since we've moved in I've found tan/khaki-colored poop buried in random places in the yard, both in the front and in the back. Gross, I know, but it's there. Problem is that Layla has a great built-in detection system for delicious poop and gravitates right to the spot where poop is buried and starts digging. When she hits paydirt, she eats it before I can yank her away from it. Ugh. She won't touch her own poop on the rare chance we leave it in the yard (we usually pick it up as soon as she finishes pottying) but she loves other animals' poop. Ugh.

Speaking of gross stuff in the yard, Layla ALMOST ate a dead mouse in the back yard yesterday. I took her out to potty on leash and she began pulling hard toward the back of the property. I was lucky I saw the dead mouse before she got to it, so I quickly pulled her back inside, got a rubber glove and disposed of the mouse. Close call!
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm smiling and speechless, what could one add to that.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Well, I do have a feeling the buried poop she's finding is cat poop. What other animal around would bury poop? It seems to be about the size poop a cat would make, too. Sorry to gross others out. I have a very high threshold when it comes to talking about this kind of stuff, haha.
Back to top Go down
Ragdog
Puppy
Puppy
Ragdog

Female Join date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:56 am

Hughie wrote:

Ragdog wrote:

What is a carpet frame?
Well, more like a frame:
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1381180363/-font-b-Mats-b-font-entrance-font-b-mats-b-font-slip-resistant-oleopholic-absorbent.jpg
Back to top Go down
PensFan1028
Newborn
Newborn
PensFan1028

Male Join date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 am

Loeki turned a year old on Wednesday...

things he has eaten or destroyed (or attempted to) since we've had him:

Non-edible items:
3 dish sponges (this was his ideal treat as a pup)
handy wipe dish rag (while the inlaws were watching him.... they don't use sponges)
the plastic tray in his crate ( we've replaced this with a steel tray, he managed to bend it already)
4 - 5... tennis balls (shreds off the skin and knaws the insides to pieces)
Various "indestructible" dog toys
stuffed and unstuffed (skinz) toys
rope and tug toys (don't stand a chance)
tissue or paper towels (all doors in our house are closed at all times but he knows exactly where to head when it is opened to get a tasty snack)
shoelaces of my dress shoes
fleece blanket
one flip flop (fiance's faves of course)
chewed one 14k gold hoop earring (shouldn't have been left where it was... not his fault IMO)

Edible items:
top or bottom hamburger bun (snatched them when he was a puppy as unsuspecting guests were dressing their burger)
uncooked kielbasa (didn't agree with his young stomach at all)
cooked kielbasa (different occurrence, digested just fine)
assorted cheeses (football game cheese tray)
part or all of a cupcake
a mole in the backyard (he didn't eat it but sure was proud that he killed it, i didn't scold him just traded for a much tastier treat before my fiance came home with him toting around the carcass.

and last night snatched a piece of cornbread from the pan (I don't blame him, cornbread is delicious)

Knock on wood he has never chewed any furniture or anything of great value (other than the earring)
Back to top Go down
RachelNala1694
Adult
Adult
RachelNala1694

Male Join date : 2013-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Loeki has a BEAUTIFUL mask!!!!
Back to top Go down
MeganWerth
Newborn
Newborn
MeganWerth

Female Join date : 2014-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 am

I suddenly feel very fortunate! My husky doesn't eat anything in my house or anything that he shouldn't, BUT living in the country he does bring me bunnies, snakes, turtles, mice, and gophers! A true hunter!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Casualties of the weekend, my glasses and my Garmin:

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EF28CD78-C639-4374-BFBF-B4148F113D8C_zpsh9vplscc

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 74F2C990-9D7E-46AD-9DED-020733B5459B_zps59zb8qpr

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Oh no...I'm assuming Denali was the culprit. Bad boy, bad boy Mad
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Yep...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:01 am

LOL nice feet Mer! Ever notice how many "selfie's are taken in the bathroom and include a wonderful background shot of the toilet? I think it's interesting how focused we can be on one thing and miss so much around us, mini hijack over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next