It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello forum!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NicciFett
Puppy
Puppy
NicciFett

Female Join date : 2013-04-06

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 5:37 pm

I figured this is the perfect place to join since my boyfriend and I just brought home a purebred siberian husky! her name is Sif and she is 7 weeks old, we bought her from D&J kennels ... her first night here we got just about no sleep lol she is not liking her crate too much! I came here to read what everyone has to say or share when it comes to training, activities, and all sorts of other husky related stuff C: Hello forum! 625513_4999359455802_134877135_n
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Welcome and congrats on your puppy!

LOL my boyfriend totally wanted to name our female Zoey Sif and I told him no.
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the puppy!

That first night sounds about right Smile It gets better, but you'll definitely find a lot of useful information on here. Enjoy puppyhood!! They seem to grow up so quickly!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Welcome! Your puppy is so cute!
Back to top Go down
NicciFett
Puppy
Puppy
NicciFett

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:38 pm

thanks so much everyone hahah luckily we are both fans of dark souls so we kind of blurted out the name at the same time ! ..she has been a little mush all day ...and both of us have been watching her every moment to insure quick house breaking....once housebroken things always get easier..then its all rules boundaries and learning...along with lots of toys c: i been snooping around a whole bunch....this place is great!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Quote :
thanks so much everyone hahah luckily we are both fans of dark souls so we kind of blurted out the name at the same time !

Awesome.... Now you just need to train her to hold a sword in her mouth and you're golden Wink

Welcome to the forum to both you and Sif Smile Smile Smile

~Chris~

Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Female Join date : 2012-12-07

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Welcome to the pack. Sif is cute <3 keep posting pictures!
Back to top Go down
NicciFett
Puppy
Puppy
NicciFett

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:24 pm

yinnyang wrote:
YAY ANOTHER WHITE HUSKY! thanks :>
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Awww. Another cutie! Welcome. Smile I think only other siberian owners truly understand how wonderful they are.
Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:51 pm

NicciFett wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

Haha yes, I love the snowpuff whites Very Happy
Everyone thinks he is a German Sheppard though :/
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Welcome!

yinnyang wrote:
NicciFett wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

Sadly it's a common misconception with white huskies :/

Back to top Go down
yinnyang
Teenager
Teenager
yinnyang

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
Welcome!

yinnyang wrote:
NicciFett wrote:
yinnyang wrote:

Sadly it's a common misconception with white huskies :/

Lol yeah, its kind of annoying but oh well. Many people have tried to start arguments to claim that they are right, but I think I know my breeds.. and my own dog lol xD
Back to top Go down
NicciFett
Puppy
Puppy
NicciFett

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:15 pm

oh geeze people will actually argue with you guys over your own dog! that is just pitiful! lol
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 pm

People will argue about anything! Razz

Welcome to the forums and grats on Sif! She looks adorable! And an actual white too--her nose is pink Very Happy Grats on that!

I would HIGHLY suggest not giving him attention 24/7. We have an 9 week old that came home to us last week and we did just that. Now he expects it ALL THE TIME and when he doesn't get it, he screams and throws temper tantrums. D: It has not been fun to deal with.

I was wondering too, is that one of those ground heaters near the crate? Perhaps she could be over heating and that is one reason she doesn't like the crate? (Although they're always noisy and miss their "pack" the first week--and even after that they want to sleep and be with people.) You might find it easier for you to put the kennel next to the bed so you can put your fingers in at night when she cries, ad you can slowly move it back away from you as she gets more used to you all.

We're crate training now and it's H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. Razz Most people I talk to say they gave up. We might, too. After a week he's pretty much potty trained so we're trying to let him sleep in the bed tonight. We'll see.

Anyway, again--grats! She is a cutie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NicciFett
Puppy
Puppy
NicciFett

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm

hahha it is so great hearing we are not the only ones giving up on the crate training ... its been three days of watching her like a hawk and catching her right before she pees on the floor ...taking her outside every couple hours in the night to relieve herself and shes already got a favorite poop spot in the yard .... we are seriously about to say the hell with it on the crate ...she is absolutely fine with it she will sleep in it on her own.... but if we shut that door she will panic ...wailing pooping .. and ya know what if she can behave and learn to be housebroken i do not mind her being out of the crate at night at all..... last time i had a pup this young it was an Akita and he did not like the crate one bit ... but he did not do anything wrong at all lol he would not chew or scratch stuff up would not touch anything that was not his and hardly even had interest in his own toys !!! we threw in the towel that time as well lol
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:54 pm

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I apologize. I wouldn't give up on crate training. Though you may feel like you don't need the crate at home, you never know when you will need it for other reasons. If you ever travel with your dog, a lot of hotels that allow pets require them to be kenneled while unattended. Or you may have a situation where you need to put her away when guests are over etc...The crate is a useful tool to have.

It can be frustrating, but don't give up! There are dozens of threads on here about crate training, definitely check them out. Your pup is so cute =)
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Mishka will sleep fine in his crate but when I crate him during the day when I go to work he throws a fit after about 5 minutes of being in it. You have to learn to just ignore it. I don't work from home but he's in my bedroom with the door closed and yes it's really hard to ignore it (when I am home) but it's just something you have to do.

Like Sara said, crating is good for them to learn for their own safety and for situations where you HAVE to have them in a crate. Eventually they do learn that it's an okay place to go, you just have to be consistent with it.

NicciFett
Puppy
Puppy
NicciFett

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm

thanks for the advice and support everyone! as she starts learning right from wrong things should get easier .... we keep reminding ourselves shes only a baby! so we really gotta celebrate when she does good and give her a stern no when bad.... for now i am just doing a little here and there between her naps! they nap so much C: ... and i am having a cute overload with every ones photos! .. i have never seen so many great pictures of huskies!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello forum! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello forum!   Hello forum! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello forum!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1