It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Toys, toys, toys!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 pm

Yay, my shipment of toys came in!!
I bought the furkids new toys, and can't wait til I get home to show them! Smile

Toys, toys, toys!! Img_0312
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:54 pm

I got Micole that zebra one too when we first brought her home. She LOVES that thing!!! She can not go to sleep without it. So it has became her crate toy ... I am pretty sure they will be in heaven!! lol
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:05 pm

lol, I wanted to get them the giraffe one, but my daughter insisted the zebra one. I said is it for you or the dogs? As soon as it arrived she immediately grabbed it and started playing with it.

I said "excuse me what are you doing little one?' She looked at me and said "i'm just making sure it's perfect for them.!".....awe she melts my heart!!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Awe that was too cute!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:31 pm

My girls LOVE the Kong Airdog line of toys!! I'm sure your pups will love them!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:36 pm

how long do you think they will last? Shocked
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:40 pm

The zebra one is torn up but the rope part on its tummy is still attached lol that part has held up pretty well. Maybe need to get another one in the next month or so. She has had it for ..... 2 mouths so far! As far as the other I dont have any experience on those.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 pm

haha...i'd figure the soft part of the zebra won't last two long...esp since I have to full grown huskies...oh well they can have a ball for a little bit.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Exactly!!! But my full grown australian shepherd and Micole play tug a war with the zebra. I think it is also missing a leg from that lol She loves to play tug a war Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Well we still have the Medium-ish sized Airdog Tennis ball, we have had it for almost a year now. Sheba likes the really little Tennis balls because she can squeak them in her mouth and I've been using those for her reactive training as well. We bought a three pack and the only one that has been destroyed is from Kennedy squeaking it in her mouth for almost an hour straight.

In my opinion, they are very durable toys!! I don't expect them to break anytime soon..unless your pups are like my Kennedy where they love to lay on their back with the squeaky toy in their mouth and just lay there LOL.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Amy-my two love playing tug a war...right now they have an old ripped up sweater that they play with. Sad that's why I decided to getthem actual toys..haha...

Kelsey-how cute is Kennedy!! I could just imagine her squeaking away!! Smile
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Well for the most part it is the ONLY toy that we have that has lasted ... sounds like you got a good choice of toys that hopefully will last lol
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Wel I hope so..lol. I'm goingto go home and take pics of the furkids with their new toys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:36 pm

I got my lab one of the air kong toys and she destroyed it in a couple days. She chewed all the yellow coating off the toy first, then chewed off both ends lol. But she is a power chewer!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Kennedy chews the outside stuff off of those cheap dog tennis balls and then just rips them apart. Even if they aren't the cheap ones, this is kind of hard to explain, but if it doesn't feel like a normal tennis ball, she destroys it. The only ones she doesn't destroy are the Kong Airdog and regular tennis balls. She is so weird.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 pm

When koda was like just shy of 3 months i bought him one of those kong footballs with the fabric like a tennis ball. Like the 3 toys you got.. And he had the fabric ripped off in less than a day.. I was pretty disappointed. It was expensive to not even last a day.. I got him a petsmart brand tennis ball and that thing is still kickin though.. So idk if ill get another kong toy with that fabric but i love all their other toys
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 pm

So I went home and gave the furkids their toys...(Just 2 of them for now) and they were fighting over the long stick one!! lol

Maybe I should have bought 2...oh well anyways heres just a couple of pics:

Karma took it first:
Toys, toys, toys!! Img_0313

Then Kato just watched her play with it. He kept scooting in closer to her trying to snatch it from her:
Toys, toys, toys!! Img_0314

Eventually he settles for this one:
Toys, toys, toys!! Img_0315

I woke up this morning to find the 3 armed one ripped, and with a missing arm...didn't last long at all. Hmmm, I guess it was smart of me to give them only 2 rather than all 4 of them.
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm glad they enjoyed them Smile Good thinking to save 2 for another time
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Yeah our football Airkong was de fuzzed day one and holes in the ends day two and taken away on day three I thought becasue of the bigger size I would be good. I think it is a dog depandant toy. SOme good some go through fast but Bourbon had a blast while it lasted.
We moved to Nylabone wooden stick and a nylabone orange pretzel looking thing we have two of each for the 3 dogs to share as Bourbon and Bayling always want what the other has. These are the favorite toys right now.

At least the had fun!

Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:17 pm

ya, I don't think they make any actual nondestructible toys for Huskies!!
Oh well, it's just fun to see how super excited they get when you first give it to them... Smile
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:04 pm

HuskyLear wrote:
Yeah our football Airkong was de fuzzed day one and holes in the ends day two and taken away on day three I thought becasue of the bigger size I would be good. I think it is a dog depandant toy. SOme good some go through fast but Bourbon had a blast while it lasted.
We moved to Nylabone wooden stick and a nylabone orange pretzel looking thing we have two of each for the 3 dogs to share as Bourbon and Bayling always want what the other has. These are the favorite toys right now.

At least the had fun!

Dizzy defuzzed his right away too, and now he just lays and relentlessly squeaks the damn thing. It is way more loud and annoying than a normal squeaky toy. So usually after about 5 min I have to put it away... Mommy has a headache lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 am

Squeakies are outside toys so if they make it in from the back yard they are taken away and set to the backyard. Yes mommy has a headache! But I guess you do not have that much of an option in the city can't stash toys in Central park and expect them to be there the next morning can you?

wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:20 am

Ha ha, no definitely not. I could keep them in my outside go bag though. That's a good idea!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Fun puzzle toy on sale on fab.com today. Smile

http://fab.com/product/interactive-bowl-brown-green-123371/?pref[]=attr%7Cpets-stock-sale&ref=browse&pos=2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toys, toys, toys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys, toys, toys!!   Toys, toys, toys!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Toys, toys, toys!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1