It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Free Food?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I know the title is a little misleading, but I am referring to the drive thru.
Zoe gets free food at the drive through all the time. They see her and say can she have this or that and I'm like seriously I just paid 8 dollars for this sub and you give her 10 ounces of turkey breast to eat for free. lol!

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this or any other things similar and I just thought it was really funny thought I'd share. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:35 pm

The bank gives out milkbones to all the dogs in cars at the drive through but that's pretty normal.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 pm

In my hometown the dogs would always get dog treats at the drive through, but I haven't experienced it here or with Bode. Though Bode has gotten his picture taken when he had his head out the window at the drive through!
Back to top Go down
Crispin
Newborn
Newborn
Crispin

Male Join date : 2013-01-15

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Culver's in Mt. Horeb gives free frozen custard to Crispin every time we take him to the vet. (It dawns on me that Culver's is largely regional)
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm

No joking the subway drivethru gives her more meat than I get lol
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 pm

My GF works at a pharmacy and they have milkbones waiting for any dog that comes by.. So naturall i bring him atleast once a week and she givea him a few extra lol
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Loki gets a free kid vanilla custard from Milwaukees best whenever we go.
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Balonsmom wrote:
The bank gives out milkbones to all the dogs in cars at the drive through but that's pretty normal.

my chick fil a does this.......i always get the huge look of awe when they see Maya and the Zoë sticks her head out the front window from the back and they always say something nice about her eyes. they stick out big time since she is mostly all black and she has white and ice blue eyes
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 pm

There is this random man that drives around town who gives people milk-bones when they are out and about with their dogs. On one hand, he is a dog lover, but on the other..STRANGER DANGER!!

He like..basically made out with Shebs when she was a puppy.. Like I give my dogs kisses on their noses and their mouths (yeah..sorry.) but I don't...lick them back when they are licking my face No . WHO DOES THAT?!

He also just gives them treats if we are at, for example, my sister's soccer game. That to me is not okay. You don't know if my dog has allergies. You don't know if my dog is food aggressive, or human aggressive. Like seriously who just gives people's dogs treats without even asking?! That to me is just a crossed line and I don't like it.

Oh and I would never feed my dogs milk-bones in a thousand years..so neither should you random man!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Dunkin donuts on more than 1 occasion has handed me munchkins for the dogs lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:39 pm

No one ever Hands me free food for my pup Sad
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Loki has gotten free bones at many of the drive through here. Smile He even has gotten a few small ice cream cones with milk bones shoved into the vanilla ice cream a few times. Free Food? Lol
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Puppy
Puppy
Epimetheus

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 pm

The local banks all have "No Dogs" signs. This actually means no dogs except for service dogs, the cute ones, the older ones, the really impressive Danes, and Labrador mixes (every dog up here is a Labrador mix). When DW brings in the pup, the people in glass offices come out to ooh and ahh. At the bank drive through, they send a lollipop for our son and a biscuit for the dog. Or the other way around. I always ask for two biscuits because the dog won't share hers.

Free food, like meat food? Wow. Never happened.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm

My 5 year old was so excited to be going to sea world to see the sharks she told the ticket lady she wanted to feed them ( why sharks i have no clue she's odd that one) So the lady slipped us 2 vouchers to feed the sting rays and the seals..... Does that count? lol

We don't go to any food drive throughs with the dogs in the car. And i've never had to hit the bank while i had the dogs with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Food?   Free Food? Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Food?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1