It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SiennasMommy
Newborn
Newborn

Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks   Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:39 pm

About Thunder...
THUNDER NEEDS TO BE RE-HOMED/RESCUED BY APRIL 28TH
-He is 9 yrs old, DOB is Feb 13/04.
-He is NOT neutered.
-He was vaccinated up until 1yr old, but I don't vaccinate my dogs yearly as I believe that the yearly vaccinations do more harm than good and are a leading cause of cancer in dogs. Obviously his new owners would make their own decision on that matter.
-He is a Husky X. He is a great guard dog and obedient!
-He may be 9 yrs old, but he acts like a young dog and is very healthy and active. Great teeth too!!
-He is not good with small kids and can be intimidating to some due to his size, although he has NEVER attacked or bitten anyone or anything! He is super smart and extremely loyal. He needs a special person who will spend time with him. He is not leash trained (pulls hard), but he has been on leash. He has never been allowed to run free without a fence or without being on a leash. He has never been chained up. He does not sleep in the house or live in the house (never has). He is strictly an outside dog and prefers it that way. Being mostly Husky he sheds a lot!! I don't know how he is with cats as he hasn't had direct contact with any, but keep in mind that Husky’s are prey driven dogs and will possibly chase small animals. He loves milk-bones!

He has been the best dog we've ever had and is super friendly to those he knows, but cautious with those he doesn't! We have had him since he was 8 weeks old.

He is fed grain-free kibble mixed with wet food and is fed 1X a day.

Thunder has to be re-homed by April 28th as my husband has Stage 4 cancer and can no longer continue to live on the farm where so much maintenance is required and it's also so far from all amenities as well as Dr.'s. We have bought a small mobile home in a park that only allows small dogs, so sadly, we have to find Thunder the best possible home to live out his twilight years. We are located in South Langley.

What we have done...
We have put up info sheets about him at several locations, contacted rescues, posted on FB, and lastly we were awaiting an assessment at the local No-Kill shelter. We heard back from them this afternoon and sadly, they believe he will not be adoptable considering his aversion to small kids and he has not had a lot of socialization with strange dogs. That being said, they will not accept him. We have a little less than 2 weeks to find him a home. The alternative is unbearable!

I contacted 3 rescues last night, one being a husky rescue, and am now waiting for responses. If I don't hear anything by tonight, I will post on CL and Kijiji with an adoption fee to keep the bad eggs away. He's about all we can think about right now. So far we haven't had a single inquiry about him and the thought of having him put down is weighing very heavily on us.

Yes we put up a flyer at the vets office as well as a couple of pet stores. All 3 rescues are large breed rescues.

Location and Contact...
We are located in South Langley, BC Canada

Please IM me if interested or if you know anyone who is interested in Thunder and I will send you the contact information.

Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks 100_3316
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks   Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your husbands illness, and I hope you find him a good home!
Back to top Go down
SiennasMommy
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks   Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:03 am

Thank you everyone for taking a look at Thunder's case. I just received an email from Thunder's owner (I was helping her find him a home)...

Thank you everyone for all your efforts in helping us find Thunder a home.

He found a new home with a really nice woman and her grown daughter who live in Tsawassen. They have a big property which is fully fenced, no other pets and they live by the dykes where they walk everyday for 5 or 6 kms. Thunder really liked both women and he impressed the hell out of them. He gave them his goofy grin and shook their hands and they were in love. They had another Husky mix that died a year ago and Thunder really reminded them of him. They didn't want a young dog or a puppy. They were looking for an older dog who would be more relaxed and mellow.

I have all their info, and we can visit anytime we like and they'll call with updates on him.

I cried, but I'm so happy he has a home with someone who isn't intimidated by him.

Anyway, Thunder has a new home now! Wahoo!!!
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks   Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 am

Glad to here he's going to a place that will love him! I hope he enjoys his new family Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks   Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunder needs a forever home in less than 2 weeks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1