It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Like a water faucet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Like a water faucet Empty
PostSubject: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 am

So we have taken back to crating Loki when we leave the house since he ate the mortgage bill and a stack of my comics and numerous other things a few weeks back. He is fine in his crate when we are home. Just lays in there and chews his bones or toys or whatever else we put in there. We never leave for long hour and a half max. We first notice about 2 weeks ago that he was peeing in his crate. Loki hasn't had an accident in the house since he was 4 months. Which I thought was weird because it didn't smell. Well what I thought was pee was saliva. He was gooey like drool (yes I touched it) The dog is drooling like a faucet in his crate. Like so bad he it looks like I gave him a bath on his legs, belly and butt. We already hide treats in his crate, he goes in on his own for naps and chewing on a bone I'll throw in there. We say "go your kennel" and he will go on his own. he has a Vari-Kennel from pet smart. I use to have a blanket in there with him but it would just be sopping wet from drool I quit putting it in there. He gets plenty of exercise between the daily trips to the dog park, our walks, and the days when we go to training. Kevin has taken to leaving him out again when he isn't home and picking everything up and so far no issues other then stuff animal murder but that happens when we are home too. Any suggestions on getting my husky to stop thinking he is bull dog while in his kennel I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Is he by chance, Claustrophobic? That is the only thing I can think of! I first thought maybe he is just getting way to hot, but he would do that other times as well.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm

lol! Can dogs be claustrophobic? If he then he gets it from me. lol! I thought it was him getting hot too but there are two ceiling fans in my living room that we leave on and our house temp is set at 68 right now. I tend to freeze.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 pm

He might be sick!! My cat Gary (lives with family buying still take care of the vet bills) was drooling like a faucet like that. The vet took X-rays and his lungs were showing some inflammation. She prescribed 1 lysine capule a day sprinkled on his food, half in the morning half at night. It cleared up right away. It might be worth calling your vet about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Was your cat drooling all over or just in a certain spot? He only does it in the kennel. and nowhere else and I know excessive drooling is also a form of stress/anxiety. But it doesn't cost anything to call the vet so lets see what she says.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 pm

It was everywhere but more pronounced in the kennel because he was freaked out on top on being sick on the way to the vet. It could just be anxiety based for Loki, but like you said it doesn't cost anything to call the vet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like a water faucet   Like a water faucet Empty

Back to top Go down

Like a water faucet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1